New Kill Bill 2 release date means no Hero

Just reminding you that April 16 is also the tentative release date for Zhang Yimou’s much-delayed epic featuring Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Tony Leung and Zhang Zhiyi. Despite being nominated for an Oscar like Gangs of New York, it didn’t have the inconvenience of costing $100 million, or the convenience of having white actors. So the next time you believe supporting Kill Bill will help movies like Hero, just remember what Miramaxe did to City on Fire after you made Reservoir Dogs a success.

[quote]Miramaxe did to City on Fire after you made Reservoir Dogs a success.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT IS SO GODAMN TRUE!!!

what did they do?

miramAXE are gay asslickers. hero has been released everywhere except in the US. they just suck. they even censored the film so much, that it really doesnt make much sense anymore. i have seen it. just import the Region 3 DVD - it has awesome DTS 6.1 sound.

Feryll: You can read what they did at <LINK_TEXT text=“http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/c … nfire.html”>http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/cuts/cityonfire.html</LINK_TEXT>. Oh, and as much as I’d like to say Tarantino is not tied to what Miramax does, you can d/l a clip of what he said about Chow Yun Fat at http://members.tripod.com/~Kissaki/QT.htm.

That site you want us to check is such a pathetic attempt to make Tarantino look bad. I don’t even understand why people spend so much time on something they hate, if he really didn’t like QT at all, why take the trouble of making a whole page with nonsense on it.

Guess I’m going to have to bring out bigger guns. From http://www.filmthreat.com/News.asp?Id=1474:

One could write a whole ramble rant about Tarantino’s recent comments on 9/11, but we’ll just let the man speak for himself. The following interview segment was taken from the new issue of Rolling Stone.

Q: Has 9/11 or the war on terror had any impact on you personally or creatively?

A: “9/11 didn’t affect me, because there’s, like, a Hong Kong movie that came out called ‘Purple Storm’[another Asian movie Miramax has been sitting on btw]and it’s fantastic, a great action movie. And they work in a whole big thing in the plot that they blow up a giant skyscraper. It was done before 9/11, but the shot almost is a semiduplicate shot of 9/11. I actually enjoyed inviting people over to watch the movie and not telling them about it. I shocked the shit out of them…I was almost thrilled by that naughty aspect of it. It made it all the more exciting.”

Q: But on some level you must have been caught up in the reality of 9/11.

A: “I was scared, like everybody else. ‘OK, what is this new world we’re going to be living in? Is it going to be fucking Belfast here?’ And I didn’t want to fucking fly nowhere. I remember thinking at the time - this was when they were shooting the ‘Matrix’ sequels in Australia - ‘What if everything, all this shit, breaks out, man?’ And all that’s left in Hollywood are the ‘Matrix’ people? That would be a fuckin’ drag’ (Laughs).”

[quote]

Q: But on some level you must have been caught up in the reality of 9/11.

A: “I was scared, like everybody else. ‘OK, what is this new world we’re going to be living in? Is it going to be fucking Belfast here?’ And I didn’t want to fucking fly nowhere. I remember thinking at the time - this was when they were shooting the ‘Matrix’ sequels in Australia - ‘What if everything, all this shit, breaks out, man?’ And all that’s left in Hollywood are the ‘Matrix’ people? That would be a fuckin’ drag’ (Laughs).”
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I really don’t see why you are coming here trying to convince us QT is an asshole or something, I doubt it will work.

And I don’t see what ur trying to say with your topic, something like blaming QT for the fact that Hero keeps getting delayed? thats some bullshit man.

Qt may be a great director and a funny actor but I think he’s an asshole also.

Don’t start any bullshit arguements either, I think he’s a dick sometimes in interviews and some of the stuff he said about Chow Yun Fat a while back.

[quote]Feryll: You can read what they did at <LINK_TEXT text=“http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/c … nfire.html”>http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/cuts/cityonfire.html</LINK_TEXT>. Oh, and as much as I’d like to say Tarantino is not tied to what Miramax does, you can d/l a clip of what he said about Chow Yun Fat at http://members.tripod.com/~Kissaki/QT.htm.[/quote]

Hero will indeed suffer from a late Kill bill 2 release. There is  absolutely NO WAY in hell Miramax would release Hero before kill bill 2 because, Hero would undoubtedly sink Kill bill 2
Hero has been
highly acclaimed in HK and is actually thought to be be an Oscar worthy movie that would definately get a bunch of Nominations or outright wins. Something which kill Bill has seemingly failed to achieve and will definately not achieve if an instant classic like Hero is shown to the public.

As for Qt and the things he says that make him out to be such and ignorant self concieted and hypocritical person he is,
i can only judge him from his own movies... He did talk smack about a bunch of movies that used CGI on MTV sometime back and said things like CGI takes away realism ,
i guess some one forgot to tell him that he had an entire substandard anime sequence in his own movie (where is the realism or the authentic touch real live breathing actors add that he was decrying?) and also hired Lucy Lu from charlies' angels of all people to do a martial arts movie? I guess in his book her martial arts were realistic. He is definately out of touch with the public and seems to have the impression that movie audiences are unintelligent masses oblivius to current movie technology. CGI was used in Hero, Lord of the Rings,
Spiderman etc and people absolutely loved them. QT apparently doesnt know this and has the gall to release a movie with the seventies era type acting and horrible dialogue
as if martial arts fans are dumb as hell and are only interested in pussy, blood and guts with no storyline or even remotely realistic actors. Give us some credit dude!

Ps..I also read an article i thought was from Maxim or Rollingstone where QT was being quizzed about Kill bill and its bad dialogue and bad acting. I cant for the life of me find it. But i am looking hard and will post it if i get it

Your inane ramblings are really really pointless now, we don’t care about it anymore so just give up man, you’re embarassing yourself.

matrixfan: I think what’s really hypocritical of Tarantino is that a lot of people who make big movies like Matrix and LOTR also started out small like him. Somehow it’s ok for him to make $100 million at the box office, but not anyone else.

Don’t start again with your shit matrixfan troll. You’re an annoying troll that always posts the same bullshit things and then not having the courage to admit you started everything. The topic is about Hero’s release date asshole, not about the importance of CGI in movies.

And for every idiot’s information (Gatsu and matrixfan that is), know your things before you begin to post utter bullshit. QT is not against CGI per se, it’s how it’s excessively used that bothers him. He said he loved the cgi in “Titanic” and probably likes the cgi in LOTR too. But when the cgi become the movie (case in point: Matrix, Underworld, Resident Evil etc.) that’s a different story. So shut the fuck up and stop annoying people smarter than you.

Scarface: So excessive violence and cursing is classier than excessive cgi? And if you’re smarter than me, why are you naming yourself after a guy who gets shot at the end?

[quote]Scarface: So excessive violence and cursing is classier than excessive cgi? And if you’re smarter than me, why are you naming yourself after a guy who gets shot at the end? [/quote]

You see, Scarface is a movie that doesn’t use flashy CGI like your movies do. You should see it again sometime and you’ll know. Please fuck off.

I’m still trying to figure out what was the point of his post. Probably cause it doesn’t have any.

[quote]

Hero will indeed suffer from a late Kill bill 2 release. There is  absolutely NO WAY in hell Miramax would release Hero before kill bill 2 because, Hero would undoubtedly sink Kill bill 2

Hero has been

highly acclaimed in HK and is actually thought to be be an Oscar worthy movie that would definately get a bunch of Nominations or outright wins. Something which kill Bill has seemingly failed to achieve and will definately not achieve if an instant classic like Hero is shown to the public.

As for Qt and the things he says that make him out to be such and ignorant self concieted and hypocritical person he is,

i can only judge him from his own movies… He did talk smack about a bunch of movies that used CGI on MTV sometime back and said things like CGI takes away realism ,

i guess some one forgot to tell him that he had an entire substandard anime sequence in his own movie (where is the realism or the authentic touch real live breathing actors add that he was decrying?) and also hired Lucy Lu from charlies’ angels of all people to do a martial arts movie? I guess in his book her martial arts were realistic. He is definately out of touch with the public and seems to have the impression that movie audiences are unintelligent masses oblivius to current movie technology. CGI was used in Hero, Lord of the Rings,

Spiderman etc and people absolutely loved them. QT apparently doesnt know this and has the gall to release a movie with the seventies era type acting and horrible dialogue

as if martial arts fans are dumb as hell and are only interested in pussy, blood and guts with no storyline or even remotely realistic actors. Give us some credit dude!

Ps…I also read an article i thought was from Maxim or Rollingstone where QT was being quizzed about Kill bill and its bad dialogue and bad acting. I cant for the life of me find it. But i am looking hard and will post it if i get it[/quote]

Matrixfan, do you SEE Hero?

Matrix 2 and 3 use CGI for their own sake (= Selbstzweck, don´t be pretty sure to find the right word). It doesn´t only support the plot, sometimes it is the plot (Sorry, i liked the first, but the rest is …) .

Please don´t compare them with Hero. Which was such a wonderful movie. I love it. It was one of the best films I saw this year. Zhang uses technical things when they are necessary for the story. Nameless as a martial arts hero can all this martial art thinks and then Zhang use technical support for showing it, that´s all.

btw, do you know that Zhang has one person who filmed every day with a video camera the changing of the leaves colour. Only to make it real? He said that he wanna bring some poesy in the martial arts movie, and he did.

Matrix 2 + 3 are like: "Do you know what my computer is able to do? Like my dick is longer…"

and Hero is: “A movie, a real wonderful movie” Go see it and shut up.

My point is violence can be as flashy and gratuitous as cgi. Don’t really see why one’s better than another.

How can you compare violence to cgi, what the hell you’re talking about? It’s like comparing movies to stawberries. You make no sense. I don’t care if you don’t like Scarface because of its gratitious violence; no one asked you about that. Next time remain on topic. You talked about QT and cgi; I answered you on QT and cgi. Don’t change the subject just because you realised you’ve made an ass out of yourself.