[Vol 1] Discussion: The intro-scene between Bride and Bill

Heres something I would like to point out after having seen the movie 6 times in the theater now:

First of all Id like to say how awesome it is to go see that movie and observe the audience’s reactions on different scenes. In particular I am referring to the very beginning.

You know how in the beginning all you hear is the heavy breathing of the bride?

Well I often found that the audience would eventually start to giggle and say…: "hihihi…This sounds like someone having an orgasm…hihihih…"

Well thats probably my fav part cause in my mind I just think: Oh you bastards wont be laughin long…As soon as the brides face pops up the place goes DEAD silent. i love that moment everytime.

Any other scenes you guys noticed with different audience reactions?

Gotta say every time i saw that scene in the cinema,

That completly grabs the audience’s attention getting into it,

then “BANG” everybody hits the fuckin ceiling! i love that!

Another part which i totally loved (well i loved it all) but the scene where the bride lands in Tokyo, and the Green Hornet tune kicks in! that was a real hair stander! then straight after we get the O-Ren walk! Damn piece of cinema histoy!

Often I found the audience laughing when the Bride was loudly crying for when she lost her baby. I thought that was really sad, but people were cracking up. Stupid fucks.

I also saw people react when the Bride’s name was bleeped. Me too. I thought it was a cell phone or something outside.

I jumped hellaz when the Bride got shot. That scared the shit outta me.

But that’s all I caught, because I was concentrating on the movie, I was trying to soak as much of it as I could, I was waiting for this movie for ages…

6 Years!!

Gotta agree with the pricks not concentrating and plugged into the movie, that really pissed me off!

And that has gotta be one of the best Q.T intro’s yet!

[quote]I jumped hellaz when the Bride got shot. That scared the shit outta me.[/quote]

I also jolted like a motherfucker when she got shot and the two dipshits next to me (Who I knew jumped also) were giving me a funny look.

the opening is my fav part of the movie. Totally badass.

A little off topic, but nevertheless…

During one of the times I saw Kill Bill (This time with my mom, who didn’t like it BTW… ::slight_smile:) a man and a woman walked into the theatre with about 2 stuffed animals. They sat down and left a seat inbetween them. They then proceeded in stacking all the animals into that seat. Gee, I wonder what they were doing? Not to mention everytime I looked over at them they looked at me in a scary way.

The people in the theater where I went had alot of Asian people. The two couple next to me were writting things down. They look like they were in the movie business.

Anyway, in the opening scene they had nothing to do except sit there and be blown away. The look on their faces said it all. “What the fuck is goin’ on” & "Am I sure I walked into the right movie"

But when they heard the BANG, the jolted like a mothafucka.

Like I saidin another post, me and my bro couldn’t stop laughing.

PULP DOG

First I thought I was the only one to have these feelings but it seems like everyone that really liked this movie or QT for that matter, gets personally offended when people dont like the movie or behave stupidly during a screening.

Good to see I get some comfort here :wink:

What I love most about QTs movies is the wide variety of reactions, thoughts and emotions that fill the audiences that watch his movies. Some people laugh at the violence, others are offended, others are exhilirated and surprised and on and on.

I was definitely watching the movie in a certain Tarantino fan mindset. I knew what was supposed to be funny and what wasnt being played for laughs most of the time. The opening scene isnt supposed to make you laugh. I can see why some goofballs would think someones having sex cuz of the heavy breathing, but thats quickly shut off when you see The Brides face. But that shit is supposed to be serious to you. Its setting up the Brides reason for getting Revenge. If you laugh at that part, youre just missing the most significant moment in the movie.

Theres certain scenes/shots that I love that have been stuck in my brain since I saw the movie:

• The opening (of course)
  • The Bride fighting Vernita/The Gods Eye View Shot of Vernita and The Bride/Nikki coming home/The Brides name being bleeped out (caused laughs and noise in the audience)
  • The Twisted Nerve-Split Screen sequence w/ Elle/ The entire Buck and The Trucker sequence (I love the slo mo panning shot with that awesome music from The Psychic playing!)
  • Wiggle your toe
  • The entire Anime sequence
  • The Bride and Hattori Hanzo talking in the attic/Hattori yelling at his assistant/The Bride recieving The Hanzo sword.
  • O-Ren at the Yakuza meeting (laughed alot during this part)
  • The Green Hornet airplane/motorcycle/limo sequence (gets your adrenaline rushing)
  • The entire House of Blue Leaves setpiece beginning with O-Ren and The Crazy 88s walking in to Battle Without Honor or Humanity.
  • The Bride talking to Sofie Fatale in the trunk shot then rolling her down the hill in the snow.
  • Bill talking to Sofie at the end.

My favorite scene in the movie, and quite possibly my favorite QT scene ever.

In this scen you see how cold Bill is. Which motherfucker will shoot the woman who is carrying your baby

This is getting off topic but I thought i would mention it.

Did anyone else feel the same way? :

At the end when Bill is talking to Sofie he gradually puts his hand just by her chin and cheeks. Weren’t you guys also thinking that he was about to snap her neck and kill her?

God, I was PISSSING myself during that. He comes across as so brutal in the beginning I thought that might be a typical thing for him to do. What a nail-biter!

huh, I didn’t think he was gonna break her neck…I thought he was gonna make sweet love to her stump.

when i saw KB the first time, the ENTIRE audience jumped when uma got shot in the beginning. also, when buck says “It’s 75$ a fuck, my friend,” lots of people were SHOCKED, muttering stuff like "oh shit."

my favorite scene has to be the slow pan over Michael Bowen with seven notes in black playing, just before uma slits his heal. that part is awesome…

;D

When I first saw Kill Bill, that shot in the head was so unexpected, even though I read the script twice before. It was so loud, and it just came out of nowhere. It was absolutly the best QT opening, just because it was so different from his others, it wasn’t “cool”, or “hip”. And I know it left me thinking, “Damn, I thought this was gonna be a fun movie”.

Another part, was the same part, when she was remembering it in the hospital room. When the bullet finally came, it felt like it went right through your face. The sound design was definatly the best of the year, and this movie should at least sweep the tech awards at the Oscars.

[quote]This is getting off topic but I thought i would mention it.

Did anyone else feel the same way? :

At the end when Bill is talking to Sofie he gradually puts his hand just by her chin and cheeks. Weren’t you guys also thinking that he was about to snap her neck and kill her?

God, I was PISSSING myself during that. He comes across as so brutal in the beginning I thought that might be a typical thing for him to do. What a nail-biter![/quote]

Yeah! I also thought so. His attidude was so cold.

One time after leaving the theatre the first thing a friend of mine said was: “In Vol 2 will he kill Sophie?”

The intro. scene in “Kill Bill” really hit me hard.It was like, I entered the theater to see a movie I’ve been awaiting for 6 whole years. Then I hear the heavy breathing, I see the Bride’s fucked up face, I feel the sudden sound of the bullet echoing inside my head; everything happening in mere seconds. I had my heart pumping so fast during that part I was afraid I’d pass out in the theater. Yeah, I know I’m pathetic.

[quote]The intro. scene in “Kill Bill” really hit me hard.It was like, I entered the theater to see a movie I’ve been awaiting for 6 whole years. Then I hear the heavy breathing, I see the Bride’s fucked up face, I feel the sudden sound of the bullet echoing inside my head; everything happening in mere seconds. I had my heart pumping so fast during that part I was afraid I’d pass out in the theater. Yeah, I know I’m pathetic.[/quote]

I’d say thats far from pathetic. Hell, everytime I see the movie my heart goes insane just before and the shot and then up until Nikia gets home…Damn it, everytime that movie gets my adrenaline going like no other.

[quote]
Well I often found that the audience would eventually start to giggle and say…: “hihihi…This sounds like someone having an orgasm…hihihih…” [/quote]

hmmm, wonder who they were saying Hi to? maybe they had just smoked some weed so they were pretty High High High as you say… The only similar thing they said when i saw it was Hehehehe. . . . . . but thats just My audience…

[quote]Damn piece of cinema histoy![/quote]
you don’t say, his toy eh? sounds interesting. . . .

Correcting people’s grammar is awesome!..

@ Ace : You better proof read your next post…mmuuhhhaaa

We don’t want mistakes in that, now do we?

8)