Media Research

Hello, I am conducting research for a Media Studies course, I will be grateful for any feedback and opinions, I would like to ask a few questions about Kill Bill… any replies would be really helpful:)

There is an obvious influence from Lady Snowblood on the film, does having prior knowledge of this film change the way you view the film?

If you did not know about Lady Snowblood, would knowing that this was a main influence on Tarantino when making the revenge saga make you more interested in seeing this film?

Does the Anime sequence enhance your enjoyment of the film?

Would you like to more or less anime in the film, or in others?

Does seeing Anime in Kill Bill trigger interest in Anime or other Japanese films?

Do you think that adding Anime into films directed at a Western audience change attitudes to japanese cinema or anime?

if you’ve read this and replied thankyou :smiley:

I’m no movie buff or media expert, but here’s my view if it’s useful.

I haven’t seen Lady Snowblood, but had I seen it before Kill Bill, I wouldn’t have been more interested in seeing Kill Bill because I knew nothing of Kill Bill, it’s revenge theme or Quentin Tarantino the first time I saw it in the theatre.

The anime did enhance my enjoyment because it’s one of those special and different parts that I look forward to in the film. It was both beautiful and emotional.

I think that the amount of anime it had was just fine, and a great way to show an origin story in other similar movies.

However, it did not trigger my interest in other anime. I had been through the DBZ and pokemon craze before, though.

Its violence was certainly more acceptable than that which was filmed, since it’s a cartoon. But I really don’t know what attitude Western audiences took after this, it happened quite a few years ago.

[quote]If you did not know about Lady Snowblood, would knowing that this was a main influence on Tarantino when making the revenge saga make you more interested in seeing this film?

Does the Anime sequence enhance your enjoyment of the film?

Would you like to more or less anime in the film, or in others?

Does seeing Anime in Kill Bill trigger interest in Anime or other Japanese films?

Do you think that adding Anime into films directed at a Western audience change attitudes to japanese cinema or anime?[/quote]

1.)Yes because i love revenge movies.
2.) yea because i think that anime sequance is unexpected and adds alot to the film.
3.)i think its the right amount and no i would not like to see it in his other films.
4.)yes kill bill triggers and intrest in me to see more japanese anime and movies.
5.)No because alot of japanese anime and cinema are already popular here.

1.) No, if I didn’t know about Lady Snowblood I wouldn’t be “knowing that this was a main influence on Tarantino when making the revenge saga”. But I’d watch KB anyway, regardless of Lady Snowblood

2.)Yeah, for sure!

3.)That could be cool, no excesses though!

4.)In a way

5.)Sorry, dunno

Good luck for your Media Studies course!