Uma in kill bill

I KNOW IT’S KINDA LATE FOR THAT BUT I WAS SO ANGRY ABOUT UMA NOT NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR BACK THEN.SHE WAS TERRIFIC AND SHE WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

ALSO QUENTIN WASN’T NOMINATED,CARADINE WASN’T EITHER.I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY SAID

IT WAS TOO VIOLENT FOR THE ACADEMY AWARDS,IS THAT TRUE?

… who cares?

Kill Bill isn’t the Acadamy Awards kind of film and the Oscars arent’t everything. So yes, no one should care…

Dude ease off on the caps lock :wink:

Lots of truly great performances and films havnt been nominated for an Oscar. Shit Martin Scorsese hasnt even won one yet! I wouldnt say the Academy Awards are that big a deal. A lot of stuff wins and gets nominated that i think doesnt deserve to. In the end it just seems like one great big Hollywood egotistical circle jerk.

Okay you guys,I agree.

I Was just angry because I wanted to see Uma with an oscar so badly.Anyway…

Usurper is right. The Oscar is just pop crap, it doesn’t mark a movie’s greatness. Uma was really beyond comparison! She’s worth much more than that Oscar statuette.

Uma won MTV, Empire, Saturn, countless online awards (voted for by PEOPLE). Plus nods at the Golden Globes and BAFTAS which are on Oscar-par. So not all bad news.

But yeah still annoying that they give Robert Downey Jr a nom for Tropic Thunder, then Uma and Carradine get fuck all.

Sergio Leone , Hitchcock, Kubrick and shitloads of Europeans greats never got much Oscar fuss… look at how their work is regarded now. History will favour the bold.

It is amazing how memorable this movie is. I still remember clearly how violent it was.

[quote=“bestplace”]It is amazing how memorable this movie is. I still remember clearly how violent it was.[/quote]

Well, good for you.

You dont need the oscars to justify liking the movie. Movie was fun but an oscar for Uma is a bit far fetched. Pulp fiction performances were worth something though, but thats for another day…

I like Uma in Kill Bill so much though she portrays a violent role, still she’s great and the movie is really worth watching.

YD2011

Here’s another angle on this possibly… some strong stuff here to digest

Hm…

Uma’s talent truly shines in the last few moments of Volume 2, when Beatrix and B.B are in the hotel. alone on the bathroom floor, she reveals all emotion from the saga and where it’s left her. elated, saddened. my god, that’s acting.

I agree that Uma is great but let’s forget about the overhyped Oscar’s.