Will 2 be better than 1?

I think it actually added a lot to the movie by splitting it into 2 parts. Finding out about the daughter right at the end is a great cliff hanger, who thinks part 2 will be better than part 1?

me.

I haven’t read the 2nd half of the script so I really dont know what to expect.

But what I do know is that they’re aint gonna be another big brawl like the Showdown at Blue Leaves. Certain fans of VOL-1 might be let down by this, but hopefully the one-on-one fights will end up being crowd pleasers.

Volume 2 will kick ass, but I don’t think it will be better than Volume 1. No GoGo! No O-Ren!

I would be very surprised if it wasn’t. I have REALLY high hopes for Kill Bill Vol. 2.

It depends on what floats your boat. If you prefer dialogue and acting to totally excessive violence and blood (don’t expect anything like the House of Blue Leaves in Volume 2), you may not like this one that much.

I, myself, am looking forward to seeing Uma Thurman and David Carradine in the same scene together as well as Michael Madsen, Uma Thurman, and Samuel L. Jackson on screen together.

I think it will be a better movie in some ways. I particularly like how Bill is introduced in the script. I hope that hasn’t changed too much and that it begins the movie.

I think it will be better but I look at these “2 films” as one, so the whole thing will be great. 8)

Dunno, but you should all the time think that this is half a movie we’ve seen, not kill bill 1 and

kill bill 2: The Return of the Revenge of the Son or whatever, haha. 8)

Looking forward to see ultra-cool Michael Madsen in his part as well as the concluding duel between Bride & Bill.

Plus, I think there will be scenes with all the DIVAS in kill bill 2, even the already dead ones. Tarantino has said that vol2 will be more chronologically fucked. I myself expect to see more of Vernita, as her appearance was suprisingly short in this movie, thus to me me, she seemed like an outsider in the whole movie. Anybody else got that feeling?

I have a question: On which page of the script(found on this site) does vol1 end? Because now I’m thinking of reading it, but I sure as hell ain’t gonna read one word of vol2.

I believe i read the opening scene is supposed to be the wedding stuff.

I think it will probably be better. In the first one the fights were great, but the villians in most cases were just nameless. Even A. Fox’s character wasnt established extremely well before her fight. The exception of course is o-ren.

Volume 2 has the two “big” villians in it, plus Budd. And Michael Jai White, although i have no idea what he is in there for. Maybe a GoGo character for Bill.

[quote]I myself expect to see more of Vernita, as her appearance was suprisingly short in this movie, thus to me me, she seemed like an outsider in the whole movie. Anybody else got that feeling?
[/quote]

Yeah, it was odd that she didn’t recieve a title card like Elle and O-Ren did. I hope she gets one in Vol-2 cuz I think the whole Viper squad deserves this. Vivica did say (On Good Day Live) that she’ll appear in the next one…Didn’t say how much onscreen time though.

She’ll definitely appear in the Wedding Chapel sequence, but I expect that either Daryl Hannah, Michael Madsen, or David Carradine are going to end up getting the most screen time in that sequence.  Vivica Fox, Lucy Lui, and Julie Dreyfuss will probably end up being little more than specters in the second movie.

All three of them will probably have about as much impact on the second half of the story as Budd and Bill did in the first half.

[quote]I, myself, am looking forward to seeing Uma Thurman and David Carradine in the same scene together as well as Michael Madsen, Uma Thurman, and Samuel L. Jackson on screen together.[/quote]

Holy shit! I didn’t know SLJ was in it! Goddamit, I wish you didn’t say that. It would have been a great surprise to see him in the credits.

[quote]I have a question: On which page of the script(found on this site) does vol1 end? Because now I’m thinking of reading it, but I sure as hell ain’t gonna read one word of vol2.[/quote]

I don't know the page number, I read it in html. Just stop reading after she kills O-Ren cause then the script is changed a bit.

Also, I think Vol. 2 will be even. Fuck, how am i supposed to know, I havent seen it. I'm kinda glad they split it up. Just think, we'd have nothing to look forward to right now.

I read the script so i sorta know what to expect but i think Vol. 2 will be either equally good or better. It has Carradine, Pei Mei, fight between White and Carradine, Elle vs. Bride, Budd or Michael fucking cool Madsen, Sam in a cameo, and finallly the Bill vs. Bride part and also Michael Parks again (i loved hiim in Vol. 1 as the texas sherrif!!)

Plus Vol. 2 promises more Tarantinoesque dialogue.

J.W.

Screw wanting what’s in it, I just want to see the damn thing. I want to see it NOW!

Things I’m looking forward to seeing in Vol.2

1. “The Cruel Tutelage Of Pak Mei” chapter. It will be interesting to hear how Quentin dubs Pak Mei. I hope he doesn’t fuck it up and use some corny voice. What I liked about the way Pak Mei was dubbed in the Shaw Brothers “Executioners Of Shaolin” film was his voice was serious, calm and had wisdom and maturity behind it. It would be bad if we see Pak Mei and all of sudden when he talks we get this cheesy motormouth dub voice from Quentin. I’ll walk out of the theater right there if that happens.

2. The “Elle and I” chapter. Hope the Uma/Daryl fight is solid. I also hope Quentin didn’t cut any good stuff out of this chapter.

3. The “The Blood-Splattered Bride”. I hope the fight between Uma and David is more interesting then what I read in the 1st draft script.

I love the Avatar dude.

But is it “Pak Mei” or “Pai Mei” ???

[quote]I love the Avatar dude.

But is it “Pak Mei” or “Pai Mei” ???[/quote]

It spelled Pak Mei in Cantonese and Bai Mei in Mandarin. Pai Mei is the wrong spelling. The way you would pronounce it would be “Bahk Mei” in mandarin.

[quote]Things I’m looking forward to seeing in Vol.2

1. “The Cruel Tutelage Of Pak Mei” chapter. It will be interesting to hear how Quentin dubs Pak Mei. I hope he doesn’t fuck it up and use some corny voice. What I liked about the way Pak Mei was dubbed in the Shaw Brothers “Executioners Of Shaolin” film was his voice was serious, calm and had wisdom and maturity behind it. It would be bad if we see Pak Mei and all of sudden when he talks we get this cheesy motormouth dub voice from Quentin. I’ll walk out of the theater right there if that happens.

[/quote]

Yeah, it’d really suck if Volume 2 ended up sounding like Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.