[Vol 1] IT'S YOUR BABY..BANG!

WARNING: SPOILERS???*********

I went to go see this movie the day it came out with my mom and my brother. Yes my mom Me and my bro were sitting in the back.

The opening credits in b/w was pure geinus. What was the best part is when you only hear Bill then shes like: “Bill… it’s your baby” and right on the “Y” of baby he shoots her in the head.

When this happened the whole theater jumps not expecting it and me and my brother were just dyin’ laughing. It was so goddamn funny!!

Did this happen to you?

Even though I was expecting it, I still jumped. I agree, it was pure genious (along with the rest of the film).

that scene is awesome

That scene is the best opening for a QT movie yet. Slightly better then Pumpkin/Honebunny. I fuckin jumped as well the first time i saw it!

JW

Shit, God knows I jumped out of my seat. After the moment of being scared shitless, I gave that “uncomfortable” laugh. Best opening scene ever…

I jumped, Starkey jumped, Ezekiel 25-17 (Who doesn’t really come here anymore) jumped, and my dad jumped. Then i saw it again with Starkey, and his dad jumped. Then i saw it with Ezekiel 25-17 and Mr. White (Who doesn’t come here anymore either) and HE JUMPED THREE FEET IN THE AIR. Then he did some of that uncomfortable laughter Storage was talking about.

Agreed’ best opening Q.T. scene. I like the Old Klingon Proverb too :smiley:

That scene is going into my all time favorite scenes folder cause i just loved it so fucking much. I love the look in her eye.

What’s up Resivouir Dude, my friends and I also jumped. One of my favorite parts of the movie, not because it’s like “oh cool, yah! Bullet in the haid!” but because of the emotion on the Brides face and the way you can hear BILL’s voice. It’s very powerful.

I’ve read the script as most of you - and did expect it but still jumped - it was more disturbing to me then funny.

What was funny and comical is Lucy Liu slicing off the yakuza dude’s head

pure comedy like abbot and costello

when I watched it (both times), people always laughed at:

the klingon proverb

nikkia coming home

“you want some coffee?”

“go home to your mother”

the flying scalp

people always laugh, crazy motherfuckers, haha

I read the script too, but the way Uma had that fuckin scared beyond words look on her face was almost disturbing to me. Definitely the most intense opening of any of his films yet. When the gun went off, I jumped, I could hear someone in the audience mutter: Holy shit.

What I love about QTs style is the way he makes violence funny. It just rules, it taps into something in you when you watch violence and your actually finding it comedic. Much like when Vincent blows Marvins head off in the car in Pulp. Same style. I LOVE IT!!!

Its like a black screwball comedy. I dont know how else to describe it.

By the way, I love the title of this topic. haha.

[quote]I read the script too, but the way Uma had that fuckin scared beyond words look on her face was almost disturbing to me. Definitely the most intense opening of any of his films yet.  When the gun went off, I jumped, I could hear someone in the audience mutter: Holy shit.

What I love about QTs style is the way he makes violence funny. It just rules, it taps into something in you when you watch violence and your actually finding it comedic. Much like when Vincent blows Marvins head off in the car in Pulp. Same style. I LOVE IT!!!

Its like a black screwball comedy. I dont know how else to describe it.

By the way, I love the title of this topic. haha.

[/quote]

Well thank you very much. It is an honor to have ToothPickVic here in my topic. :wink:

That was DEFINATELY INTENSE, it sure as shit got my attention the rest of the flick. i was fidgeting, the 1st time i am FINALLY SEE THIS. YEA. and its just wow.

Like BadMotherFucker said, i jumped. I almost cryed :’(

What I didn’t catch was “Bill… It’s your baby !!BAM!!” When the BAM part happaned i forgot what she said. Then when i saw it again i noticed it. Really fucking happy i saw it twice.

sorry its off topic but Starkey, is your last name stark or something? thats mine ;D

yea, and my friends were laughing through the credits. when the lines My Baby Shot me Down came. i didnt find it funny, i thought it was a good song choice.

No, his last name isn’t starkey. The picture he has on his profile is of Ringo Star from the Beatles, whos last name wasn’t really Star, it was Starkey.

i loved the opening scene, everything about it screamed tarantino, the klingon proverb, the black and white, the unexpected gunshot ( i jumped too when i heard, even though i read the script), the way you never see bill’s face very cliche i loved that, and my favorite part of that was, nancy sinatra’s “bang bang” so painfully romantic, i think that was a very high point for part 1, i hope part 2 has the same kind of tarantino feel, im sure it will, of course quentin is going to save a bunch for part 2.

Kill Bill, to me, was the greatest single piece of film I’ve ever been privy to. I only heard about Kill Bill some time around August((I finally got a computer in August)), and my first thought was, No motherfucking way, I get to see a Tarantino flim in a THEATER.

I’ve been a fan of Quentin’s work since I sat down and actually watched Pulp Fiction, abso-fucking-loutely fell in love with his work. Had a blast during the “Man From Hollywood” part of Four Rooms. Enjoyed Jackie Brown alot, even if, too me, it didn’t really feel that much like a Tarantino film, with the exception of a few scenes((De Niro in the parking lot)) and the dialog.

Rented a copy of Reservoir Dogs back in August, and felt

that it would always be my favorite Tarantino movie, shit, maybe even my favorite movie of all time.

And then; Kill Bill. I read through the full draft of the script, and knew, without a doubt, that this was going to be an amazing movie. Made plans to see it when it opened on Friday, I’m in High School, so I’m always broke, but I still opted to shell out the full price, rather than seeing a Matinee showing. Didn’t have any problems filling the two vacant seats in my truck, when I announced((Casually)), that I was going to see Kill Bill. Walked in as soon as they finished cleaning the theater, and waited.

Saw the previews to Matrix Revolutions, and LOTR: Return of The King, and I was looking forward to them, then, we had that Fucking Impossible shot of the Bride’s brutalized face, and her tortured breathing as Bill’s fucking fantastic voice played rang through the silent audience. I knew what was coming up as she begin to spout out; “Bill…It’s your baby!”, but I still flinched a bit as that beautiful Colt Single Action Army “Peacemaker” knocked a hole in the Bride’s head. One of my buddy’s and I immediately lapsed into a painful fit of laughter((We’re sick)), catching a few odd looks from the few other folks in the theater.

Out of the twelve people who saw the movie, counting myself and my two friends, 3 left at one point or another in the movie, and didn’t come back. That’s a fucking 25% reduction in under an hour and a half, I’ve never seen anything like that happen in a film, ever. Hell, I realized even then, that this just might be the greatest film ever. The three of us in the back laughed, chuckled, grinned, and generally enjoyed all of this insanely over-the-top violence throughout the flick.

To sum it all up, as we walked from the theater to my truck, I said something that explains how amazing this film was to me, and, how fucked up some of my examples can be:

“You know, I sat through those previews, and figured, hey, those’ll be some cool movies when they come out this year, and then I saw Kill Bill. The only way to describe it is, say, for example you had this chance to fuck the girl of your dreams, the most, abso-fucking-loutely gorgeous woman you’ve ever seen or imagined; but on the way, you get jumped by some fellow who ass-rapes you, we’re talking about a full on, hour and a half of anal pounding before he walks off, and, all of a sudden, instead of being completely disgusted by this, you realize, that no sexual act can ever compare to what you just experianced, not even fucking your dream girl. So, you just go home, and try and live your life knowing that the pleasure you might of once derived from sex, will never be the same, because you’ll never, fuckin’ ever match what you felt that night, when you got fucked in the ass.”

That was by far the coolest thing I’ve ever read.