[Vol 1] I SAW KILL BILL VOLUME I

Post here when you see the movie. I just saw it at The Grove in LA. It was a junket screening. Lotsa people in the theater with me and I know there was a screening last night and also there’ll be one on Friday.

Anyway, its a great film. No question. However I really wish I hadn’t read the first draft of the script cause although some things were added, some things removed, it pretty much is the same movie.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions with or without spoilers.

Was the cut you saw, the final cut before theatre release?

And hows the gore? Does it top the FDTD bar fight scene?

You are a lucky, lucky man…

One question, how long was it? 94 minutes like some sites say or closer to 2 hours like i’ve heard from other places?

1. Running time?

2. Uma’s snatch shot?

3. Was the added stuff any good?

How was the tone of the film? The theatrical trailer suggests a lot of humour. Did it seem too funny?

If you went to bed on us…

::unsheaths katana::

Also, how was the music? I’ve not heard the soundtracks yet (getting it today) but did it fit as well with this film as with other Tarantnio movies?

I would also very much like to know how long it was.

According to this guy Kill Bill is 1 hour and 43 mins long.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/board/flat/3417752

Possible spoilers if you read the whole thing.

That link has DEFINITE SPOILERS toward the end. Do not read it if you have not read the script. This guy seemed annoyed by a few things in the film, he doesent seem to be a true QT fan, but the movie rocked him anyway. 2 more weeks!!!

Anyway, I guess Bank Holdup got pinched.

So if I get it straight no one really knows what the exact run time is?

[quote]

Anyway, I guess Bank Holdup got pinched.[/quote]

by who?

by the law, it was just a joke since he posted if anybody had any questions and then disappeared.

[quote]Was the cut you saw, the final cut before theatre release?

And hows the gore? Does it top the FDTD bar fight scene?[/quote]

Yes, I’m fairly certain it was the final cut since there were critics in the theater with me. It’s locked.

The House of Blue Leaves sequence, what was once on the page has fully been realized pefectly on screen. Yes it does top the FDTD. Although it’s still comparable. But the Blue Leaves is like a ballet, still very gory but perfect.

I have a feeling when this movie is embedded in the pop culture cannon, people will be asking valid hypotheticals such as “The Terminator vs. The Bride, who would win?” “Darth Vader vs. The Bride, who wins?” Hell, even “Jaws vs. The Bride, who wins?” Those questions won’t seem silly once The Bride enters our pop culture.

It is closer to two hours. At some point, I was afraid the film was gonna end abruptly and looked at my watch around the 94 minute point but luckily it kept going. But I think it stops short of 2 hours by a few minutes.

Next time I see this, I’m leaving my watch at home, no distractions.

Oh, something I wanna bring up but don’t wanna ruin because of the surprise, the beginning, what comes after the Miramax logo. That’s all I’ll say right now.

Speaking of the Miramax logo, this must be the most hard core Miramax film so far. It was so worthy of being Dimension.

[quote]2.  Uma’s snatch shot?

3.  Was the added stuff any good?

[/quote]

SPOILER/NON-SPOILER

No Snatch. Sorry. I totally forgot about that until I read your question.

The added stuff was good, but you know what, and I’m afraid this is a negative statement, I miss the cut stuff more than I appreciate the new stuff.

After the movie, all of a sudden the script was coming back to me and I kept thinking, damn, I wish that was still in there. Still could be in Volume 2 though, so there’s still hope.

[quote]How was the tone of the film?  The theatrical trailer suggests a lot of humour.  Did it seem too funny?[/quote]

Wasn’t too funny to the point where the humor hurt moments in the movie, but it had its moments. Lotsa nervous laughter. The guy next to me made a point of laughing at the subtle moments to prove that he was catching all the references, kinda annoying but if he would laugh at a random moment that didn’t make sense, I would know I missed something.

5{r=Master Kill Bill link=board=kb;num=1064477161;start=0#6 date=09/25/03 at 13:12:47]Also, how was the music?  I’ve not heard the soundtracks yet (getting it today) but did it fit as well with this film as with other Tarantnio movies?[/quote]

Music’s great, I got the soundtrack Monday at Midnight, Tuesday morning and have been listening to it since. Very much like what happened to me with Jackie Brown, got the disc first then when watching the movie, all the now familiar songs were finally put into context.

Although the soundtrack is awesome, its still not Pulp Fiction. I kinda wish they would release soundtracks after the movie release but until they do, I’ll always be spoiling it for myself.

How did the audience react to the movie? Did they like it, did they cheer, laugh, applaud, feel disgusted?

Ya, a lot of people read what was after the Mirimax logo, sweet

ummmmm, any Bill?

oh, and is their captions for the different syringes of chemicals used

[quote]According to this guy Kill Bill is 1 hour and 43 mins long.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/board/flat/3417752

Possible spoilers if you read the whole thing.[/quote]

It seems this guy was in the theater with me but his time has to be wrong. Without trailers, previews, commercials or any of that shit, this movie is like a few minutes shy of two hours. I’d say like 1:56. That includes the end credits.