Will Kill Bill Be Quentin's Best?

Well? He has got to do a lot to top himself, but can he do it? Will this be his best yet? Will the seperation of the film have any impact on it’s quality?

[quote]Well? He has got to do a lot to top himself, but can he do it? Will this be his best yet? Will the seperation of the film have any impact on it’s quality?[/quote]Yes,No,Big time.

I think Kill Bill will be his best film yet. I think he will top himself in directing for sure. I also think it will be great to see a QT film thats not as dialogue heavy as his other films for a change.

The separation of the film: If the first half is a total asskicker (which Im sure it will be) I have a feeling this will make audiences go crazy about seeing part 2. Miramax will be raking in the dough on this film.

Kill Bill will be his best movie, it has so many elements and genres that aren’t touched in his previos movies, I’m guessing it will be the ultimate movie, untill he makes another…

i don’t think he will ever top Pulp or Jackie, except if he make a similar film! (characters)

(and Pete, I’m still waiting for your votes)

I’m don’t think that he could top himself by making similar movies. He needs to diversify. If he made all of his movies similar, what fun would they be?

I don’t know if Kill Bill will be his best, but I sure hope so.

[quote]i don’t think he will ever top Pulp or Jackie, except if he make a similar film! (characters)

(and Pete, I’m still waiting for your votes)[/quote]It could be on par with PF and JB or better. Have to wait to find out. But fuck doing the same shit over again.

dude, its going to be hard to be able to top pulp, but if it is better than pulp fiction then holy shit this is going to be a good movie. but being realistic, i doubt it. hey i figured out a way for QT to use his same characters while spreading out to new genres, itll be a horror movie (if rob zombie can have a go at it so should QT) called “Vega bros:back from the dead”, bruce willis can retain his role as butch while teaming up with dan akroyd, bill murhay and that loveable ghoul,slimer!!! who you gonna call, vega busters!!

[quote]
It could be on par with PF and JB or better. Have to wait to find out. But fuck doing the same shit over again.
[/quote]I wasn’t talkin about doing the same shit as you said! I was talkin about making a character movie like Jackie or Pulp!! Kill Bills are not Character movies at all!!

You also gotta put Kill Bill in the right context as well. This is QTs first all out fantasy film so to speak, so I think in terms of his Movie Movie Universe films (FDTD, NBK) this will be a major jump for him.

When you have all QTs dvds lined up (Kill Bill included) which one do you think you’d watch most? Personally I think I’ll watch Kill Bill more than all of them, simply because theres so much supercool stuff in it.

I’ve always watched Reservior Dogs more than the other two. I’ll see about Kill Bill though. It does look pretty awesome.

My prediction: some mixed reviews, most people love it, friggin Awesome great film, at least on par with his other 3. Thats what I think so far.

Impossible to guess. So many factors come into play. I will say this, it is very possible that QT has progressed as a director, therefore certain aspects of KB might very well be superior to his previous films, but who knows? We’ll just have to wait and see :slight_smile:

One thing that really pisses me off is when people compare films and attempt to prove that one is better than the other… Film is art and all art is subjective, right?

I don’t know if this will be his best. Sure, the clips kick ass and the fights do too, but one of the things that made his other movies so great was the dialogue. If there’s less dialogue the movie will still be cool, but it have the Tarantino feel. Personally I can’t wait for Inglorious Bastards and possibly Pulp Fiction 2.

There is no fucking Pulp Fiction 2. Tarantino wouldn’t do sequels. I fell for that shit for a moment too.

The Vega Bros! HAHAHAHA!

Ok, i agree with you that QT probably won’t do pulp fiction 2. Fine, then i’m really pumped up for inglorious bastards. Since i made that post i have seen a lot more about kill bill, and think it will be the best. i’m trying not to get too hyped up, just incase it’s not the best. It will definatley be hard to judge, because it’s so different from his other movies. If people thought Jackie brown was a step, then kill bill is a giant leap for mankind! I guess it depends on peoples tastes.

i dunno, i think it has a chance of topping some of his movies, but i’m not that sure. talk to me after the movie comes out.

[quote]There is no fucking Pulp Fiction 2.  Tarantino wouldn’t do sequels.  [/quote]

By splitting Kill Bill in two, he is sorta making a sequel of a kind, isn’t he?

Reading that cinescape article, it seems like he has three war movie scripts written, I wonder if they are sequels?

I personally can’t imagine Kill Bill topping Pulp, Dogs or Jackie Brown. It’s possible, but doesn’t seem likely. I’m sure it will be better than NBK and From Dusk Till Dawn, though. QT does tend to take genre movies (crime, blaxploitation) and make them better than their origins, so maybe he can do that with a Kung Fu revenge picture. Here’s hoping it blows us all away with its greatness.

[quote]

By splitting Kill Bill in two, he is sorta making a sequel of a kind, isn’t he?

Reading that cinescape article, it seems like he has three war movie scripts written, I wonder if they are sequels?

I personally can’t imagine Kill Bill topping Pulp, Dogs  or Jackie Brown.  It’s possible, but doesn’t seem likely.  I’m sure it will be better than NBK and From Dusk Till Dawn, though. [/quote]

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 arent sequels, its one story split into two pieces. QT even said at some point both films will be playing at the same time. A sequel is a film that comes out years later.

Kill Bill will be QTs best film yet. He has years of directing experience behind him. The screenplay was better than his previous scripts too imo. I think QT will get better with each film he makes. He knows how to make a film better than anyone in Hollywood.

NBK (Stone didnt stay true to QTS screenplay) and FDTD (QT wrote the screenplay) arent 100% QT movies. They were directed by Oliver Stone and Robert Rodriguez. I dont even consider them QT films. Especially NBK.

[quote]NBK (Stone didnt stay true to QTS screenplay) and FDTD (QT wrote the screenplay) arent 100% QT movies. They were directed by Oliver Stone and Robert Rodriguez. I dont even consider them QT films. Especially NBK.
[/quote]

Same here. The only true QT films IMO are Res. Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown (Kill Bill as well when it comes out). Only when he directs it is it a true QT film. (True Romance comes the closest of the other movies though)