Wanna know why I don't care about the "unrated" Kill Bill?

Because I want the uncut Fist of Legend and a bunch of other Asian flicks that that fucker convinced Harvey to sit on and mutilate.

So thanks for “saving” Hero by making everyone think you directed it, Quentin. Maybe if you hadn’t been shooting in China around the same time as Yimou, it might’ve gotten released sooner, and he would have an Oscar, and it would’ve actually made more money in the U.S. than Crouching Tiger. The only reason you’re doing Friday the 13th is cus your fat bitch probably ran out on the money he owed you for Kill Bill.

what’s the hell with you ??? :o :o :o

[quote=“GATSU”]
So thanks for “saving” Hero by making everyone think you directed it, Quentin.
[/quote]

[quote=“GATSU”]
The only reason you’re doing Friday the 13th is cus your fat bitch probably ran out on the money he owed you for Kill Bill.
[/quote]

:o :o

[quote=“GATSU”]
Because I want the uncut Fist of Legend and a bunch of other Asian flicks that that fucker convinced Harvey to sit on and mutilate.

So thanks for “saving” Hero by making everyone think you directed it, Quentin. Maybe if you hadn’t been shooting in China around the same time as Yimou, it might’ve gotten released sooner, and he would have an Oscar, and it would’ve actually made more money in the U.S. than Crouching Tiger. The only reason you’re doing Friday the 13th is cus your fat bitch probably ran out on the money he owed you for Kill Bill.
[/quote]

This person tried coming off grammatically correct, but completely butchered any hope of being an intelligent human. First off,Slick, you don’t start a sentence with the word because. Secondly, there is no need for qoutation marks when addressing the Hero situation. If you’re really that big on all the Asian films, do what everyone else does, go to Kim’s and buy them yourself or order them from ebay.Bitching on a Tarantino forum will get you precisely dick.

Somebody needs to get laid

[quote=“GATSU”]

[/quote]
What does this all have to do with unrated Kill Bill? You don’t want it, because you want the uncut Fist of Legend first? So why don’t you buy it like I did? Then you can go buy the unrated version of Kill Bill.

Steve: Insulting the grammatical structure of a person’s argument is usually what happens when you can’t win against the heart of an argument.

Hung: Well first of all, Miramaxe issues injunctions against importers who sell their movies. (Except for the R2 Kill Bill.) Secondly, movies like Fist of Legend are OOP, and the only versions out there are the Dimension dubs.

[quote=“GATSU”]
Hung: Well first of all, Miramaxe issues injunctions against importers who sell their movies. (Except for the R2 Kill Bill.) Secondly, movies like Fist of Legend are OOP, and the only versions out there are the Dimension dubs.
[/quote]
The taiwanese dvd for Fist of Legend can be found from ebay but I can’t tell whether it’s a bootleg or not. And that version is far from perfect. The french special edition should be great, but no english subs (instead forced french subs). I don’t speak french but I’m gonna get that dvd anyway.

And yes, Miramax sucks. It would be okay if they fuck up their own releases, but the problem is that they don’t let anyone else release better versions ot those films (at least not with english subs). It seems that the only possibility for good releases are french and german companies…

The taiwanese DVD from Ritek isn’t a bootleg, but not so easy to find. The same is for the cambodian DVD from V.V. Systems Pte Ltd., which has the same version.

And it’s a special longer version only, the other’s aren’t cut, they are just the normal version.

The only difference is a piece of plot, where a guy is smoking opium. Gosh…

Whats are the other asian flicks, Harvey is sitting on ?!

[quote=“Contrai”]
The taiwanese DVD from Ritek isn’t a bootleg, but not so easy to find. The same is for the cambodian DVD from V.V. Systems Pte Ltd., which has the same version.

And it’s a special longer version only, the other’s aren’t cut, they are just the normal version.

The only difference is a piece of plot, where a guy is smoking opium. Gosh…
[/quote]
I hadn’t even heard of that cambodian DVD. I have the the taiwanese dvd (actually I had 2 of those) but I can’t get it playing properly. And it’s not the original language version either (it’s mandarin instead of cantonese). The disney dvd is not only cut and dubbed, but also re-scored. The french dvd is the only one that’s uncut, original language and includes original soundtrack.

[quote=“Contrai”]
Whats are the other asian flicks, Harvey is sitting on ?!
[/quote]
At least Drunken Master 2. It’s the same thing with it as it is with Fist (cut, dubbed, re-scored). HKL wanted to release these films as they are ment to be seen (and with plenty of extras) but couldn’t get rights. Disney/Miramax doesn’t let anyone release english subbed versions of these films. Maybe some HK distributor could, but not any western company.

[quote=“GATSU”]

[/quote]

1. who knows why there isnt a “good” dvd out there yet, at least QT tried, if you did research you knew that QT wanted that film inthe RTP series
  2. QT didnt make people think he directed Hero, its the marketing department at Miramax that used QT’s name to pimp a film who’s director hardly anyone has ever heard of in the USA
  3. it was released sooner, if you had done some research, and thats why it was even nominated for an oscar. why should it be QT’s fault???
  4. qt is NOT doing friday the 13th.

whats you fucking problem, man?

the french DVD of Fist of Legend isn’t as long as the taiwan dvd

as of Drunken Master 2, the chinese Thakral DVD has both cantonese and mandarin language and is uncut

instead of whinning about movies, who are released in a kind of proper way, i would ask why there aren’t yet DVD of movies like Pedicab Driver, License to Steal, Slickers VS Killers and so on

[quote=“Contrai”]
the french DVD of Fist of Legend isn’t as long as the taiwan dvd
[/quote]
Are you sure? I heard that dvd includes two versions of the film: the disney version and the uncut version. But I could be wrong. I’ll get that dvd soon so I’ll find out then. (for some reason, the taiwanese tend to get extra long cuts of asian films (the killer, hard boiled, some jackie chan films…)

[quote=“Contrai”]
as of Drunken Master 2, the chinese Thakral DVD has both cantonese and mandarin language and is uncut
[/quote]
Yeah, but it’s cropped from 2.35:1 to 1:85:1. That’s the only reason I still keep my mickey mouse cut of the film.

[quote=“Contrai”]
instead of whinning about movies, who are released in a kind of proper way, i would ask why there aren’t yet DVD of movies like Pedicab Driver, License to Steal, Slickers VS Killers and so on
[/quote]
I think Warner Bros. has rights for Pedicab Driver. They just never released it. I hope they will cause I haven’t even seen that film and I really want to.

[quote]

1. who knows why there isnt a “good” dvd out there yet, at least QT tried, [/quote]

He obviously didn’t try hard enough. He has the cash. He can buy the rights himself.

[quote]3) it was released sooner,[/quote]

Internationally speaking, you are correct.But it took 2 years to get an official release in the U.S. outside of the Palm Springs Film Festival.

[quote]and thats why it was even nominated for an oscar.[/quote]

But it didn’t win, because no one heard about it, because it got no FYC ads and almost no AMPAS screenings.

[quote]why should it be QT’s fault???[/quote]

Because after Iron Monkey, it’s fairly obvious that Quentin is Harvey’s lapdog, and sniffs out which Asian films to bury and mutilate. I fucking hate that piece of shit telling me, “Check out Drunken Master 2 or Supercop”, when only the dubbed and edited versions are available.

[quote]qt is NOT doing friday the 13th.[/quote]

Yeah, you got me there. It’s a shame it was only a rumour, cus I would’ve had another reason to trash him.

Hung: [quote]I think Warner Bros. has rights for Pedicab Driver. They just never released it. [/quote]

Considering how Dimension fucked up Project A, I’m not surprised Warner would have a reason to release it here. Although I was at a screening Sammo attended which seemed to be packed enough to suggest there’s some audience for Sammo’s work. You’d think after FOX released Eastern Condors here, that WB would get the picture, but I’m still waiting for CBS to put Martial Law out on dvd as well.

Why do you care if Hero didnt win an oscar?

Because that’s the only reason that Zhang Yimou-much like Scorcese-endured Harvey’s bullshit.

Hero was no Croutching Tiger.

Crouching Tiger was no Hero.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Are you sure? I heard that dvd includes two versions of the film: the disney version and the uncut version. But I could be wrong. [/quote]

DVD 1: movie, 97:53 Min. , english DD5.1; cantonese DD 1.0 and french DD 2.0

Trailers: Zu, The Killer, Evil Cult, Le Chinois se Déchaîne, Stormriders, The Blade, Niki Larson, Black Mask

DVD 2: Extras:

• Interview with Gordon Chan (engl. with french subs) (18.25 min.)
  • “De la fureur àla légende”: comparison of “Fist of Fury” and “Fist of Legend” (french.) (35.13 min.)
  • gallery
  • filmography: Jet Li, Yuen Woo Ping, Gordon Chan
  • french cinema trailer

[quote]
Yeah, but it’s cropped from 2.35:1 to 1:85:1. That’s the only reason I still keep my mickey mouse cut of the film.[/quote]

i can live with that. german dvd is also only 1.85:1, the others in 2.35:1 ,rite

[quote]
I think Warner Bros. has rights for Pedicab Driver. They just never released it. I hope they will cause I haven’t even seen that film and I really want to.
[/quote]

WB , really ?

hmm…i’ve seen the movie on Tai Seng tape. it’s great :wink:

[quote=“GATSU”]
Maybe if you hadn’t been shooting in China around the same time as Yimou, it might’ve gotten released sooner, and he would have an Oscar, and it would’ve actually made more money in the U.S. than Crouching Tiger.
[/quote]

What does QT shooting his film in China the same time that Yimou shot his have to do with anything?

Easy. He knew about the shot, and probably called Harvey to try and cut a deal with Zhang Yimou.