Does Tarantino have another Pulp Fiction in him?

Let’s be honest, Jackie Brown was a good moviie but it definitely doesn’t have that aura that one feels when watching Pulp. And though the Kill Bill’s were well shot, had Tarantino’s typical catchy lines here and there, and overall had some good moments, as a whole they are average movies. Does anyone think that Tarantino can make another movie that will have the affect on people that Pulp still has to this day. I personally think that QT is slipping with this new kung fu crap he is supposed to make. I personally feel that he has a shot at making something special with Inglorious Bastards. I hope he makes that movie and doesnt disappoint.

[quote=“WhatsFonzieLike”]
Let’s be honest, Jackie Brown was a good moviie but it definitely doesn’t have that aura that one feels when watching Pulp. And though the Kill Bill’s were well shot, had Tarantino’s typical catchy lines here and there, and overall had some good moments, as a whole they are average movies. Does anyone think that Tarantino can make another movie that will have the affect on people that Pulp still has to this day. I personally think that QT is slipping with this new kung fu crap he is supposed to make. I personally feel that he has a shot at making something special with Inglorious Bastards. I hope he makes that movie and doesnt disappoint.
[/quote]

1. why are they average?
  2. when has he disappointed?

;D

Well, I sure wasn’t dissappointed, both Jackie and Kill Bill are in my all time top 10 list (and Pulp of course, too). And Kill Bill is officially ‘the movie experince’ of my life.

i was disappointed with both Kill Bill’s…or better said, i didn’t like the idea and especially the cast from the very beginning, and the results gave me right…

Jackie Brown instead is a good movie, only a little bit slow. but never boring. and it’s rather real, speaking of the emotions…KB is just bluff

Pulp Fiction then is long time ago, i don’t expect another one and i’m not sure, if i would like another one.

And the world has enough Tarantino - wannabes.

I don’t think QT is slipping in anyway shape or form (possibly in dialogue). He constantly improves and continues to do so. He has upped his ante on every film since Reservoir Dogs. People said he couldn’t do characterisation, well he did it in JB. It was a more mature film with less violence. With Kill Bill he proved he is also a brilliant action director. He co-ordinated most of the fight scenes himself. He knows exactly what he wants. Kill Bill although was no where near on the same wave length as Pulp Fiction was still pretty breathtaking. I mean did you look at how he directed the movie? Fucking beautiful! Each shot was near to perfection. With each film he shows a different quality as well as reminding us of his other qualities.

How can he be slipping just because he is making a Kung Fu film? Did you not like the Pai Mei scenes in Volume 2?

I agree he should make IB next, another epic from QT is just what people want, and for it to be ‘Dirty Dozen-like’ and his spaghetti western, is a mouth-watering prospect. Let him get rid of all that kung fu residue in his mind, afterwhich he can concentrate 100% on his war epic!

he is passed the reservoir dogs/pulp fiction stage, quentin has the ability to make epics now, hes grown; wich is positive

look at reservoir dogs and pulp fiction and look at kill bill vol 1 and 2

notice how he evolved, like ify said; technicly Kill Bill is close to perfect filmmaking

Okay…maybe I can clarify what Fonzie meant (if I’m wrong let me know)

It’s a mistake to try and say that tarantino’s other movies weren’t as good, because lots of people enjoyed JB and KB (including me). However…it is safe to say that neither had the impact on the industry as a whole as Pulp Fiction did. When Pulp came out, people went Tarantino crazy, he was everywhere. (note: i wasn’t old enough to really experience this, but this is what i’ve heard!)

So the question is…do you think he’ll make another film that will have this kind of impact again? KB impressed a lot of people, i think, but didn’t really get recognized in terms of awards, and didn’t really “shake the industry” the way Pulp did.

As for my answer, I’ll say no. I think back then part of the craze was that he came out of nowhere, he was this bright new star. Now he has expectations on him…people are expecting the next Tarantino movie to be breathtaking and amazing. So, even if it is, it doesn’t create the kind of stir that Pulp did.

Fair enough?

Basically I think the problem with Kill Bill 1 and 2 is that they should have been just one KB. Though on its own KB 1 is a good action film, the cliff hanger ending spoils the KB 2 ending since we expect the child to show up at some point. Also without the cliffhanger ending, Bill’s whole superman analogy (which by the way I thought was a bit on the corny side) would have had more of an emotional impact. Plus what would have been more interesting is if Beatrix after seeing her child decided for a while that she wasnt going to kill Bill and that only after some time had passed she would have come to the realization that something wasnt right and that BIll would have to eventually pay.

I realize that Tarantino wont make a movie that has the impact that Pulp had simply because at that time it was unexpected. However I would like to see Tarantino make more serious films. Although I wouldnt characterize his first 3 movies as serious they definitely had important themes in them. I would like to see if Tarantino could make a really serious movie, something that didnt rely on simply having “Cool” people in it and catchy lines. Dont get me wrong I adore Pulp, its my favorite movie of all time by far, and I love Reservoir Dogs but, I sometimes wonder if QT could make a really serious movie that didnt rely on the aforementioned qualities.

Also I dont have anything against Jackie Brown, for god sakes I have the collector’s edition DVD. And I watch it at least once a year.

[quote=“WhatsFonzieLike”] However I would like to see Tarantino make more serious films.
[/quote]

like jackie brown, yeah.

i am looking most forward to Inglorious Bastards.

the general problem is that people associate Tarantino with Pulp Fiction, and thats just wrong Tarantino=//= Pulp Fiction

i don’t think there will ever be another pulp fiction. it is the citizen kane of the last 20 years.

He is exploring all kinds of movie genres…he has done his roadmovie with NBK…his lovestory with True Romance…his heistfilm with Dogs…his french new wave, turn it into new violence flick pulp fiction…his vamireflick with FDTD…he had done his martial art and western with kill bill volume 1 and 2…now he’s preparing for a war epic…

its like chosing a movie to watch…only he’s choosing to direct one…I hope he’ll explore as much genres, ideas and styles as possible and throws it in his own crazy Tarantino blender…

does he have it in him to do another PF? yes of course…but why would he choose to go down that road again so soon? he has just made one! He’s still in the mood for things he hasnt explored yet…

its like: if you only had the choice of watching QT’s movies…and saw them all a 100 times…would you choose to watch one of those again, or something very simular to one of them? or would you go to a new cool unexplored genre and watch that?

i dont mean another pulp fiction literally, I mean something that will be as good and memorable

[quote=“WhatsFonzieLike”]
i dont mean another pulp fiction literally, I mean something that will be as good and memorable
[/quote]

its hard to decide if you have different genres…like kill bill is great and memorable but in another way as PF was…

its impossible to decide which is better…maybe time will tell…

but does he have it in him? I think so…QT has never dissapointed me…plus he is evolving and getting better…

If you ask me, KB is his absolute best work. My only complaint is I think it would be better as one movie, which we’ll probably see on the SE

Tarantino definately has another Pulp Fiction in him. He keeps on getting more and more creative.

I think Inglorious Bastards may just be that movie.

he better have R. Lee Ermey in it 8)

IB gonna be more like another Reservoir Dogs

[quote=“QT Fan”]
IB gonna be more like another Reservoir Dogs
[/quote]

In what way?

Some people are gonna give it bad and good reviews. It may not do as well. A lot of people in my town stopped liking Quentin after he made Kill Bill. Because of the kung fu thing. IB will bring back a lot of those fans. Like Reservoir Dogs earned him a lot of fans.