What's Your Fav Volume?

if you had to pick one fav out of the two, which one would it be

• Kill Bill vol 1
  • Kill Bill vol 2

0 voters

after you vote, plz tell us why you made your choice

It was a hard decision but I chose Volume 1 because there is never a dull moment whilst the same cannot be said for Volume 2

[quote=“Ify”]
It was a hard decision but I chose Volume 1 because there is never a dull moment whilst the same cannot be said for Volume 2
[/quote]
Plus Vol 1 has all that Japanese stuff I loved so much.

I kinda prefer vol1 at the moment.

Vol1 is kind of a no-brainer that I can watch any time, just basicely chilling in front of the screen with a cool drink, while Vol2, IMO, is more of a movie you actually sit down for and watch with more attention, as its qualities lie more on an emotional level, and if you really want to enjoy the film (well at least for me), you’ll have to let those emotions get to you. Basicely Vol2 is a heavier movie then Vol1. Im not always in the mood for that kind of thing.

Vol. 1 is slightly better. Vol. 2 is a masterpeace too, but I prefer Vol. 1 because it had better soundtrack and all that japanese stuff (I just love that country/culture). Vol. 1 also has more of those bigger-than-life moments. But that doesn’t make Vol. 2 bad, actually it was my favourite movie of last year.

Yeah, the soundtrack! That’s the thing that makes me love Vol 1 better, it kinda makes you want to stay at the cinema. First time watching it I got somewhat sad when looking to the last Sophie scene, cause I knew it’s the last.

[quote=“Bierbommetje”]
I kinda prefer vol1 at the moment.

Vol1 is kind of a no-brainer that I can watch any time, just basicely chilling in front of the screen with a cool drink, while Vol2, IMO, is more of a movie you actually sit down for and watch with more attention, as its qualities lie more on an emotional level, and if you really want to enjoy the film (well at least for me), you’ll have to let those emotions get to you. Basicely Vol2 is a heavier movie then Vol1. Im not always in the mood for that kind of thing.
[/quote]
i agree with you

i kinda feel the film couldve been like a 3 hour movie or a lil more…b.c kill bill 2 is really really slow, it drags on at some parts, i love it no doubt its amazing, but it drags at some parts making me think it couldve been one film…

I like 2 cause I’ve seen it less. Of course when I see the fight scene in color I will probably change my mind.

At the moment probably 2, if only because for me its a better chill out flick, the first is brilliant, and definetly better for when I want to watch a kick ass movie, but it can be a bit heavy going at times, wheras the second for me is a slower more philosophical film thats perfect for the holidays at the momment 8)

A tough question, but I would have to say that Volume 1 steals a bit of Vol. 2’s thunder. It is a better film for casual viewing ( as someone pointed out already ) and it has various über-cool moments. Oh, and it has more katana-wielding madness :wink:

[quote=“Rock Lee”]
Oh, and it has more katana-wielding madness :wink:
[/quote]

Yes, quite :slight_smile:

this is a great competition of both movies :smiley:

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
[/quote]

Reasons?

hm, maybe I´m the ony one, but sometimes I love V 1 and sometimes V 2 more. I really can not make a decision, cuz it is onec 1 and once 2…

[quote=“Ify”]
Reasons?
[/quote]

Did he vote?

yes i did

the reason i picked 2 is because of the atmosphere, the first one is straight kung-fu, its all about slaughter, all about assassination, the second one on the other hand has more of a spaghetti western feel to it, its more of a mellow film than the first one, you get to know everybody better, it stops all the madness and takes you further than the first one did, in my opinion atleast

Number 1 is the better straight up action film

Number 2 is the better Tarantino Film

I prefer Tarantino films to straight up action films, so I picked number 2.

What I recall the most instantly are scenes of KB1 but I love more scenes of KB2, it’s a difficult choice because it’s not the same kind of film, there are not comparable, KB1 is a masterpiece, an artistic chef-d’oeuvre, KB2 has a lot of personality.