VOL.1 vs. VOL.2

I am very fuckin excited for Volume 2 to come out in February and i cant wait to see it 12 times in a row. Which do you think will be better, if that is possible?

Me personally, i think Volume 2 will equal Volume 1 but not necessarily outdo it in terms of enjoyment. I love them old kung-fu movies and the house of blue leaves was the single greatest viewing experience of my life, but i am #1 a spaghetti western man. I cant wait for the morricone-style music and old-school duels, not to mention the Killing of Bill.

[quote]… not to mention the Killing of Bill. [/quote]

BILL DIES?!?!?! How could you spoil me like that?!? You fucking idiot! Just kidding.

You know what, I’m not even going to compare them until I see the second volume. Not only that, I really would like to see it as one movie in the end of it all, not two. Can’t wait till that super edition Kill Bill dvd comes out, if it ever does

Fuck man, i hope Tarantino puts the movie as one big piece into the theatres for a special one-week showing or something. QT and Miramax should fuckin do that for free for the thanx to everyone who saw Volume 1 AND Volume 2.

I seriously fuckin hope that Kill Bill becomes a midnight movie like Rocky Horror Picture Show and is shown every Friday night at a nearby theatre. That would kick so much ass :slight_smile:

Im gonna petition my local art museum to play Kill Bill, both volumes w/ short intermission, outside at the theatre in the grass. every summer the museum plays movies outdoors on the big ass screen w/ surround sound and that would be sweet if they did that with Kill Bill :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D 8)

I didn’t exactly mean at the theatres, I meant I would like to see it as one movie in my mind. Like in a year or whatever the future is, I’ll see Kill Bill as KILL BILL, not Kill Bill one or two. That’s what I meant. I wanna imagine it as one movie

ya i know u meant that. i want to imagine it as one big epic.

but i also want to see that big epic in da theatres.

God, this is the last fucking time… According to Empire magazine, QT said that he plans to re-release both Vols in a double bill around March 2004.

[quote]God, this is the last fucking time… According to Empire magazine, QT said that he plans to re-release both Vols in a double bill around March 2004.[/quote]

Um, I’d love to believe you, but I’d like some evidence. Where did you hear this, can I have a source? Or did you hear this from a crackhead bum hanging around your local 7-11?

we all know he said that, but didnt Quentin also plan to direct a Vega Brothers movie and remake an old 70’s Kung Fu movie? my point is, it might never happen

[quote]God, this is the last fucking time… According to Empire magazine, QT said that he plans to re-release both Vols in a double bill around March 2004.[/quote]

I think thats higly unlikely to happen, Vol 1 hits DVD in february, so Vol 2 won’t be on DVD before May 2004 or something, making the whole set in March 2004 impossible

Volume 2 is gonna ass rape Volume 1. We FINALLY get to see David Carradine act! A true first since probably the seventies.

[quote]I think thats higly unlikely to happen, Vol 1 hits DVD in february, so Vol 2 won’t be on DVD before May 2004 or something, making the whole set in March 2004 impossible[/quote]

A “double bill” is an old-fashioned movie term for two movies playing at the same time in the theatre. He’s not talking about the DVD.

Heh. Double bill. Get it? Get it?! Hee. Hee hee. I crack myself up.

I can’t say which one will be better, obviously. I’m only hoping that Vol 2 can match the pure kitetic energy of Vol 1.

Buono

I agree on Kill Bill both volumes being a midnite movie just like The Rocky horror show… I usto attend midnite shows When Angelica film center(nyc) way back in the early and mid 90’s

Heck I’ve saved the movie midnite stubs like Clockwork Orange,Taxi Driver, Saturdaynite Fever, Warriors… I still go to a midnite movie theatre here in nyc only at the Landmark theatre but they only 80’s movies which sometimes sucks!

Cant wait for kill bill Volume 2!!

I only regard Kill Bill as one movie, not two seperate ones - so none can be better. Its just one big fuckfest of a good movie. The regular moronic multiplex hordes will always think of Kill Bill as 2 seperate movies. I really do hope the ultimate Kill Bill DVD will have the entire movie on one disc, and not fucken two. That is so annoying when you have to change discs mid movie ie. LOTR, Godfather Part 2.

I look at Kill Bill as one movie not two separate movies. I dont care about comparing two parts of one movie by the same director.

Vol 1 was great and Vol 2 will be great. Nuff said.

when KB starts playin as a midnight movie near me (hopefully) im gonna dress up as the dude from the crazy 88 with the platinum fronts and bring some random hot girl dressed up as GO-GO :slight_smile:

[quote]I look at Kill Bill as one movie not two separate movies. I dont care about comparing two parts of one movie by the same director.
[/quote]

My wallet disagrees with your assesment of the situation. :wink:

I loved Volume 1, don’t get me wrong, but I just finished reading the script in its entirety, and what will become Volume 2 seems phenominal. Not to spoil anything for anyone, but the last few scenes totally sell it for the inner ‘mommy’ in me. =) Volume 1 was awesome and I think Volume 2 will be as well for completely different reasons–I hope it sticks to the script relatively closely.

[quote]My wallet disagrees with your assesment of the situation[/quote]

I totally agree Puck. I saw Kill Bill Vol 1 five times, and I will probably see Vol 2 that many times too, so in all I will have spent money to see the Kill Bill saga 10 fucking times. Spliting this movie was to empty my wallet.

I hope that V 2 will be as good as V 2. ´No I´m sure. But I don´t see it up to now. So I can´t say. But for me V1 + V2 is one movie, one great movie.

Kb 1 + 2 is like - well - a great dinner. You can choose meat or fish like old Kung Fu Style (1) od spaghetti western (2) style. Everything is great. But the whole thing, like the whole movie (1 + 2) is unbelievable.

I will see V 2 sometimes in the theatre and then (that´s my hope) I will buy a wonderfull DVD Set with ONE movie called Kill Bill…

all i want is one dvd that plays kill bill from start to finish, no volume 1 and 2, no censorship, just nonstop incredible film. that would be kickass.