Favorite detail in Vol 2

Hey just wondering what are some of your favorite details are in kill bill. My favorite is when bill is talking to the brides soon to be, and he looks down at her ring while hes judging him.

[color=Orange]I hadn’t really focued on that. But I really liked the dialogue exchange between Bill and the soon-to-be-doomed Groom. The expressions and mannerisms on Carradine’s face are priceless!!!

8)

In Pulp Fiction, Uma Thurman gets a needle in her boob. In Volume 2 she gets one in her butt.

The long look of Budd’s boss after Budd’s “You lookin for me?”.

He is seriously high ;D

When Elle hits Beatrix in the nose in Budd’s trailer, she rubs it like Mia did in Pulp Fiction during the overdose.

[quote]The long look of Budd’s boss after Budd’s “You lookin for me?”.

He is seriously high ;D[/quote]

[color=Orange]My favorite part of that scene is when he starts going off on “…that hat! That fucking hat!” ;D

That actor reminds me of somebody. But when I did an IMDB search on him, I didn’t recognize most of the other flicks he’s been in.

But I did see that he and the actress that plays Rocket are doing a movie called HELLRIDE.

8)

I also liked the:

“Friday"

Budd makes a “I dont know” sign

"I don’t k… There’s your name… There used to be your name”

When Elle takes a slow motion run to Beatrix, Uma’s face is priceless

I like when Bill is talkin’ to Budd and you can see Bill’s car in the background. Its like some crazy kit car.

I like how Budd’s walls are paper thin.

I like how the music slowed down when Elle jump kicked in slow motion.

I like how the Bride seems to realize BB is her daughter as soon as she sees her.

I like how Bill’s flute “whooshes” when he swings it in Ch. 8.

I DON’T like how I don’t know where “I’m Rick James, B**CH” comes from… (off topic, sorry :wink: )

My fav. detail in vol. 2 was the superman monalouge(sp?) that bill says to describe beatrix. The superman Monalouge was deep shit.

There’s your name. There used to be your name.

I also like how when Uma is driving to Kill Bill, after she meets Esteban Vihaio, everything is in black and white acept for the Hanzo Sword, Beatrix and her car!

Also, what is that orange poncho looking thing Beatrix is wearing right at the end of the film whwn B.B is also in the car? I don’t know much about ladies fashion so I wouldn’t know, but is it a poncho?

And why did Tarantino make the bride in the coffin scene black and white at the point where she has just been burried?? Was there a significance to that, because it wasn’t b/w whilst the coffin was beig nailed shut and it wasn’t b/w whilst she was trying to break out of it, but why was it b/w the moment after Budd and the other guy start to cover the whole up?

I guess it’s because at that point, the situtation looks kinda hopeless (Bea is panicing(sp?)), so the B/W adds to the feeling of hopelessnes. Black and white aren’t very “happy” colours.

And then when she starts getting the idea of using Pei Mei’s technique, the colours are back as she regains hope.

Dunno, just speculating there.

i like how in the trailer fight scene elle gets thrown over the counter and bounces off budds dead body lol

[quote]I guess it’s because at that point, the situtation looks kinda hopeless (Bea is panicing(sp?)), so the B/W adds to the feeling of hopelessnes. Black and white aren’t very “happy” colours.

And then when she starts getting the idea of using Pei Mei’s technique, the colours are back as she regains hope.

Dunno, just speculating there.[/quote]

yeah maybe the black and white is supposed to show her state of mind is like the opening scene when she gets shot in the head. though id prob go with your notion of colour of hopelessness, i thought maybe it was referencing an old b & w movie with a similar scene since it looks real classic looking, or maybe he just did it coz it looks cooler and adds to the claustrophobia

during the massacre at two pines you can see the gunfire coming from windows and the door. Thought it was really cool that the vipers were strategically palced even though they were off camera.

You can see Bill run or walk quickly to the left of the Chappel, from where he was standing.

(Also, anybody know about my Poncho question from my earlier post?)

I don’t know…she drove a convertible so maybe she didn’t want to get wet if it rains…who knows.

Another good detail is that when that guy who digs that whole for Budd says “White women call that the silent treatment. We Let them think we don’t like it. (laughs)” Budd just looks at him with a blank face giving the impression that he isn’t impressed!!

I asked that poncho question because with the ‘man with no name’ in the dollars trilogy, as his character grows (in GBU), and as more of the story unfolds, the man with no name starts changing his dress to what it more like in the first of the dollars trilogy. As GBU is considered to be like a prequel as the legendary poncho he wears is not worn by him until the end of GBU, so he gradually becomes the famous ‘man with no name’ character. Seen as Tarantino’s favourite director is Leone, maybe QT wanted to show that The Bride (as she had no name) who had changed to Beatrix is developing still and has become the ‘mother’ character and this maybe shown by her wearing the pocho just like how as Blondie’s character developed, we saw him transform into ‘the man with no name’ and he wore the poncho he did not wear earlier in the film yet did so in the other two dollars films. So in other words, it would be a reference to Sergio Leone’s character.

But that is just a theory and that’s why I asked the question to find out if it had anything to do with ‘Blondie’! I maybe completely wrong, but it would still be interesting to know if the poncho thing was a reference or not.