[Vol 2] honestly, who found vol.2 dissapointing

come on, admit it.

I wasn’t disappointed. If I hadn’t known that the David Carradine vs. Michael Jai White scene (sorry to keep harping on it, but that was one of the major bits I really, really, really, really wanted to see) was deleted going into it, I would have been supremely disappointed. Other than that, though, this movie really exceeded my expectations.

The master version with both version put together will arguably be the greatest movie QT has ever put together. :slight_smile:

i think vol 1 did a great job of standing on its own, whereas vol 2 didnt, thats not QTs fault and im not bashing the movie either. ok, the truth serum dart was QT’s fault, but other than that i think the spliting of kill bill fucked us a little.

not in the least

I don’t think it was the splitting so much a where he split it. I personally think he should have plodded forward in Volume I to the Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz. Damn the attempt at trying to keep the Eastern themes from the Vernita and O-Ren chapters isolated from the western oriented Budd/Elle/Bill chapters.

Volume I wouldn’t have felt so clipped, and Volume II wouldn’t have felt so top heavy if that were the case (and then there would have been room in Volume II for the much bemoaned missing Jai White scene ). :wink:

[quote]I don’t think it was the splitting so much a where he split it.  I personally think he should have plodded forward in Volume I to the Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz.  Damn the attempt at trying to keep the Eastern themes from the Vernita and O-Ren chapters isolated from the western oriented Budd/Elle/Bill chapters. ÂÂ

Volume I wouldn’t have felt so clipped, and Volume II wouldn’t have felt so top heavy if that were the case (and then there would have been room in Volume II for the much bemoaned missing Jai White scene ). :wink:[/quote]
thats a pretty damn good point, but like ive said in other topics, i didnt get the chance to see vol.2 again like i had planned and i wont be able to until sunday, maybe ill have a different outlook after that. but damn the truth serum dart, damn it to hell!!!

i mean it would have been one thing if uma was like “fuck you bill, i aint telling you shit” and then get shot with the truth serum dart. i just find it odd that the “touching” part of the movie has to involve a random ass truth serum dart.

I didn’t. The truth serum dart was vital and reasonable seque into the Superman monologue. Now, while I felt that the monologue itself was pretty strained and bordered on rambling at points, Bill using the dart on her was necessary for the flow of it.

Besides, I thought it brought some much needed (if temporary) humor into that very long, solemn, emtionally draining sequence.

Admit it!?

I’ll admit that Vol. 2 over exceded my expectations. From every chapter, it was more than I though would be there and was totally encased with the emotion. I actually cried when Bill died, that was a very good scene. I didn’t like seeing Pai Mei and Budd die either.

There are two things that I can think of that I question in second half of Kill Bill though. I don’t really care about the Michael Jai White scene, I read the script but I forgot what it was about. But after seeing the movie I didn’t seem to care. The fist thing was I didn’t think the Bride was scared enough inside the coffin. I mean she seemed helpless, but the “first draft” of the script that I read, led me to belive that she was freaking out! She was getting hysterical and finally she calms her self down and becomes that assassin again, then finally after we see her training by Pai Mei she breaks free. The movie is totally great the way it is but I didn’t think she was scared enough. Maybe I shouldn’t have read the script.

The second thing is about 2 seconds of missing footage that I thought was cool. I’m not sure why QT cut it out. The fight between The Bride and Elle. When they both have Hanzo swords and they are doing the stare down. When they clash, in the trailer it showed these long fast shots of them charging at eachother from the side and from the front, like Budd’s trailer was 3 times as big as it really was. MAYBE I’m crazy and I just turned my head at that point but I didn’t see that footage. All I saw was them clashing from the side.

And those two little itsy bitsy, teeny weeny things are all I question to QTs masterpiece. I can tell you with no ego that this is QT finest movie.

I did not like how She killed Bill. I think it was just stupid. But besides that, I think the movie was nice and cool.

Okay. Seriously. Someone come up with a better ending. Another swordfight? What?

[quote]Admit it!?

I actually cried when Bill died.[/quote]
hahaha, what the fuck dude

What! I love Bill!

Bill dying was pretty emotional. UMA in the coffin was the closest I get to tearing up though.

had bill’s heart actually exploded instead of him just falling to the ground then the ending wouldnt have seemed so ‘ehhhhh’. i was seriously waiting for it to blow out of his chest

I thought the ending was perfect. Much better than Uma just slicing his head off or something.

Its not the five point whatchamathingie technique was a let down. It was an appropriate enough ending for Bill, and a noble and ostentatious enough one at that. Its just that I expected it to take her longer to get to the point where she could get Bill in the position to do it to him. That, and I was expecting a Kung Fu match of sorts. Not just another sword fight (but this time seated). That was a bit of a let down.

Still, ANY extended scene with Bill fighting ANYONE would have been preferable.

I thought there would be some kind of buildup with a SW tune playing in the background, not simply the little swordfight at the table and then the 5 heart thingie.

[quote]come on, admit it.[/quote]

whats the purpose of that question?

[quote]come on, admit it.[/quote]

I wasn’t disapointed so much as it didn’t change my life, as it did for some people. I had expectations [sue me] and they weren’t really met, but it still rocked harder then just about every other theatrical releace thus far (spare [maybe] Eternal Sunshine).

No, I wasnt dissapointed at all. Like I keep saying, Kill Bill is one movie, its not like comparing the first movie to a sequel like The Matrix films.

Volume 2 was brilliant for what it was. It wasn’t trying to be Volume 1 obviously. If QT had wanted to do the same thing again he could have. Its a totally different pace and mood. I loved it all the way through. The only thing I’ll admit being slightly bored by was some of the dialogue between Bea and Bill, but thats not a big deal. With repeat viewings it will get better.

The way she killed Bill was great to me. QT created it to not be so bloody and gory, and thats fine, we got plenty of that in Volume 1 with all the other killings. It was more personal and special that she killed him with the technique she learned from Pai Mei. It makes complete sense. Its also not supposed to be uplifting to us to see the end, its supposed to be a sad letdown in a way. Bill is a great character and I was actually sad to see him die!! I LOVED the music QT chose for Bill’s last few moments too. PERFECT!

As ONE FILM this will be QTS best work yet, no doubt about it.