[Vol 2] Already Saw Volume 2

Due to pre-release screenings, I thought I’d start this thread. Saw it Friday night at the ArcLight in Hollywood. It was a press screening. My friend had a +1. He also got me into Volume 1 in September. I’m also aware of a screening that took place Thursday night.

What, like it’s not a great film. You know it is, no point in me saying how much I liked it.

I’m not into giving away spoilers so I’ll do warnings but if anyone’s seen it and wants to talk, we can talk in here.

Just tell me one spoiling thing, please. Do we see the full Wedding Chapel massacre in black and white?

Thats all, thanks!

Yeh i wanted to know that aswell!

Also, are there any more anime sequences??

[quote]Also, are there any more anime sequences??[/quote]

I can answer that. No, there aren’t any anime sequences. The folks who saw the film already, postet that in the IMDb and other sides.

oh ok thanx!!

Thank u entertainment weekly

I got free tickets to a pre release screening

Unofortunately I cant go cause of my parents

For the “origin of Pai Mei” scene, did they use old Shaw Bros. footage of Pai Mei, or does it look like QT filmed it himself?

[quote]Just tell me one spoiling thing, please. Do we see the full Wedding Chapel massacre in black and white?

Thats all, thanks![/quote]

SPOILERS

This is the spaghetti western part of the film. We see the whole wedding rehearsal thing, everything that leads up to it, it’s in B&W, then we jib out the door to see the other four snakes ready for the attack (the famous still of the four of them standing before the chapel), Bill sits inside the chapel, we see them go in, hear and see some gunfire but mostly we see nothing except the chapel as we hear everything go down inside. It was kind of a shame but made me think of the heist in RD.

[quote]are there any more anime sequences??[/quote]

Unfortunately no.

[quote]For the “origin of Pai Mei” scene, did they use old Shaw Bros. footage of Pai Mei, or does it look like QT filmed it himself?[/quote]

No old footage (as far as I know.)  The sequence still looks very much like a Shaw Bros. film, as if QT is the guest director.  He nailed the sequence.  But it’s clear that it was all filmed for Kill Bill, no stock footage.  Gordon Liu was great.

Thanks in advance Bank holdup for answering these questions.

1. In the Pak Mei/Bride training scenes, does Uma’s Kung Fu look somewhat credible? Basically what I’m getting at is does she look more credible than say Keanu Reeves, or Carrie-Anne Moss?

ÂÂ
  2. Does the theme continue of the camera doing the Shaw Brothers ZOOM into the Bride’s eyes, immediately into the spaghetti western flashback sequence when she first sees Budd, Elle Driver, and Bill with the ironside music accompling it?

Ermm…Could you also tell me if “Il Triello” is played in Volume 2???

was the original script changed( or added)in volume 2? Does Elle Driver have a backstory?

What about the soundtrack pieces which aren’t on the CD? Anything special?

Favorite scene?

Tell to avoid big spoilers

Just one question. Does The Lonely Shepard song play in the film?

[quote]1. In the Pak Mei/Bride training scenes, does Uma’s Kung Fu look somewhat credible? Basically what I’m getting at is does she look more credible than say Keanu Reeves, or Carrie-Anne Moss?[/quote]

Well, all three had the same trainer so it would look the same.

But I’m not a Kung Fu enthusiast. It all looks the same to me. I do know that Uma Thurman can probably kick my ass with the shit that she knows. There’s this one shot I’m thinking of right now where she’s practicing, fighting towards the camera and the background is a process shot. She was fierce. There’s nothing to worry about. She’s the Bride.

[quote]2. Does the theme continue of the camera doing the Shaw Brothers ZOOM into the Bride’s eyes, immediately into the  spaghetti western flashback sequence when she first sees Budd, Elle Driver, and Bill with the ironside music accompling it? [/quote]

Spoilers

Before she first sees Budd, he sees her and there’s no time for Ironside. When she does eventually see them together, she stands on a mountain overlooking his trailer, yeah it plays. Only time in the movie though.

I actually don’t remember it happening with Bill. You know what, I don’t think it happens with him at all. The first time she sees her when she’s out for revenge, she sees something else at his side that distracts her from going Ironside.

As for your Shaw Zoom, we actually get a Shaw Zoom on a Shaw Character. Yes, I’m talking about the old Fu Manchu himself, Pai Mei.

END SPOILERS

[quote]Ermm…Could you also tell me if “Il Triello” is played in Volume 2???[/quote]

I don’t know which song that is but I’m sure it is. Is that the Ennio Morricione one? I’m sure it is. How does it go? Dun dun dun, dunnnnn?

[quote]was the original script changed( or added)in volume 2? Does Elle Driver have a backstory?[/quote]

Yeah there are changes. Always are. Some things were added but for some reason I only remember what was deleted.

Oh, the Superman speech. Not only was it great and all pop culturally, it made perfect thematic sense and I realized something obvious about Superman that I never realized before. We don’t learn anything new but there’s something cool about him that’s apparent but we just never think about. And it really works into the movie, into the Bride’s backstory. Even if QT weren’t writing it, it still belongs in there. You’ll see.

Btw, the Premiere is going on right now at the ArcLight Dome. I didn’t go and I forgot to pass by it but it’s happening. They always start late so I bet, this very moment, they’re watching Chapter 7 or 8 right now.

[quote]What about the soundtrack pieces which aren’t on the CD? Anything special?[/quote]

I didn’t yet hear Volume II’s soundtrack. Is it out yet?