Tarantino in new documentary about 70s/80s Australian cinema (Ozploitation).

The sub-section for TV (show) appearances of all sorts...
Angel
Fucking Professional

Re: Tarantino in new documentary about 70s/80s Australian cinema (Ozploitation).

Post by Angel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:14 am

pantsman wrote: Wow! That looks awesome from that trailer! Big fan of Jimmy Wang Yu, he makes every film better. Something about fight scenes featuring him, they tend to be slower but the wider swings of his arms and the force behind his punches/kicks make it seem more real. Love his work, I'll have to track this one down.
Sammo Hung's got a small role at the start too.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: Tarantino in new documentary about 70s/80s Australian cinema (Ozploitation).

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:14 pm

can't wait to see this documentary. wrote a little intro on this topic for the frontpage news

http://www.tarantino.info/2008/07/28/no ... he-masses/

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Just got back from two days at the festival. It's 3 am on Sunday. On Friday, I saw Not Quite Hollywood. It was amazing, an excellent documentary on the subject and a great film to recommend to newcomers to Australian exploitation. The film was followed by Question & Answer with some industry veterans involved in the era, including Brian Trenchard-Smith (the great director of Turkey Shoot, Dead End Drive-in & The Man From Hong Kong among other things) & Tony Ginnane (basically the Roger Corman of Australia, producer of such films as Fantasm, Patrick & Turkey Shoot), as well as the director of Not Quite Hollywood, Mark Hartley.

On Saturday I attended a seminar with them and some others on Ozploitation, which was excellent and I'm led to believe will be broadcast this Thursday on something, so I'll try and record it and make it available to you all.

I'll post a review of Not Quite Hollywood for the Deuce tomorrow. At the moment I am dead tired. All in all, it was great. The last film I watched was Tokyo Gore Police at midnight and Brian Trenchard-Smith and Tony Ginnane sat in front of me at the screening. It was great. They are really cool guys and really passionate.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Angel: That sounds awesome! Ive never heard of Tony Ginnane before. But I def know Brians name. Cant wait to hear more about it!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Those crazy catholics.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:01 am

What a douche. Monocultural? Sexist? Racist? He just finished saying that more than causing social change, films follow social change. Besides, to gauge these films as anything other than entertainment and cinema is ludicrous. Entertainment has become like a dirty word in the Australian film industry. The government funds films that have "cultural significance" and never return a profit. The people who make films for profit are ridiculed. What bullshit.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 pm

At the movies reviewed this Margret 4 stars David 3 1/2 stars..

heres another great trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEEI4RSQBc

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Any chance of this coming to dvd any time soon?

popcorntaxi
Cowardly Lion

Post by popcorntaxi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:17 am

Here's a link to a Q&A we did in Australia with the director of Not Quite Hollywood as well as legendary Aussie actor Roger Ward, greatest stuntman EVER, Grant Page (Mad Max) and a few other colorful characters...

http://popcorntaxi.viotv.com/?MediaId=8 ... 5437e01513

It's in two parts...
Cheers,
Chris