QT on Craig Ferguson - 26/2/10

- YouTube

- YouTube

- YouTube

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Funny as hell, his has been the best of the awkward pauses. I keep missing all these shows.

I watch Craig every night. He is the only Late Show I watch now, ever since Conan left.

That was awesome! That awkward pause bit, oh man, I laughed for like 5 mins after that, it was HILARIOUS. I haven’t laughed so hard in such a long time. It was fucking awesome. Man, I LOVE Quentin!! ;D

It was great how into it he got. Folding his hands, rubbing the table. Made me want to see him act. Him as John Brown, with an awkward pause between him and his southern civil war era Mia.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]It was great how into it he got. Folding his hands, rubbing the table. Made me want to see him act. Him as John Brown, with an awkward pause between him and his southern civil war era Mia.[/quote]

I just like to see him act. I don't think he's a bad actor. I think those few roles he had in the films of "smaller" directors, that were afraid to direct him, really gave him a bad rep. He was EXCELLENT in FDTD, Desparado, and PT. And I think he was great in Four Rooms as well. He brings a lot of himself into each role, but his delivery can't be fucked with when he's working with someone that will give him direction. And fuck anyone who doesn't agree with me. I firmly believe that Quentin CAN act.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]It was great how into it he got. Folding his hands, rubbing the table. Made me want to see him act. Him as John Brown, with an awkward pause between him and his southern civil war era Mia.[/quote]

I just like to see him act. I don't think he's a bad actor. I think those few roles he had in the films of "smaller" directors, that were afraid to direct him, really gave him a bad rep. He was EXCELLENT in FDTD, Desparado, and PT. And I think he was great in Four Rooms as well. He brings a lot of himself into each role, but his delivery can't be fucked with when he's working with someone that will give him direction. And fuck anyone who doesn't agree with me. I firmly believe that Quentin CAN act.[/quote]

He can sort of act in genre. But put him in a film that requires serious acting, and he won’t deliver. There have only been a handful of directors who can really act. And those two writer/directors are Orson Welles and John Huston.

Orson Welle’s best role was as Charles Foster Kane. And John Huston as Noah Cross in Chinatown.

If I had to judge any of Quentin’s performances, I’d say his most decent role is in Dusk. The rest are more like cameo roles. Quentin is no actor.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]

If I had to judge any of Quentin’s performances, I’d say his most decent role is in Dusk. The rest are more like cameo roles. Quentin is no actor.[/quote][/quote]

I disagree. I think that with proper rehearsal and direction, Quentin can be just as good as anyone. I really believe that he didn’t get granted the chance to honestly work his way into acting, and/or learn advanced acting by being properly directed. He may not be a “natural”, but he’s certainly not a bad actor. I agree somewhat that he’d be a great character actor, but those are some of my favourite actors. Don’t cut the guy short just because he sky-rocketed to fame through writing/directing, then got given charity roles. He’s got everything it takes to make a great actor aside from the guidance. And I think he’s that sort of person that can to anything once he sets his mind to it.

What I’ve noticed is that most character actors like Walter Huston, for instance. Well I shouldn’t compare him to Walter Huston ::slight_smile:

But what I’ve noticed about Quentin is that he doesn’t have the posture or the voice to really transform into another person . I feel that he is too rigid. Mainly because he is acting to his own writing, and his writing is close to his personality, so when you see him act, you’re just watching Quentin behaving differently and not acting.

A real character actor just transforms right before your eyes, ,and you just know when they are good like Richard Burton in Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf.

-Notice that great writer/directors who acted have a great posture and voice. They stand out in a very good way.

John Huston, Orson - these guys were REAL character actors, and they were able to become other people.

Okay. You’re right. To a degree. But I completely believe with everything I am that Quentin can act, and he could fit himself into a character. Yeah, he would make whatever character be a bit like himself, but, that wouldn’t make it not enjoyable to watch.

I love the energy and charisma he brings to the screen, and I may be bias because I quite like Quentin’s energy and charisma, but I don’t buy for a second that he “can’t act”… Cos he’s proven he can. It just pisses me off when people say he sucks at acting, when he’s rocked out a role like Richie Gecko.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]It just pisses me off when people say he sucks at acting, when he’s rocked out a role like Richie Gecko.[/quote]

That to me is the performance where it’s clear to me he can act. If it weren’t for that role I’d probably agree with most people that he isn’t a very good actor and that I just dig him because I dig everything he does.

Certainly he was better in From Dusk Till Dawn than he was in Planet Terror but he ended up getting some notices for that.

Well I think Quentin is a great actor but he actually got nominated for a razzie for worst supporting actor in From Dusk Till Dawn but lost out to Marlon Brando.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Well I think Quentin is a great actor but he actually got nominated for a razzie for worst supporting actor in From Dusk Till Dawn but lost out to Marlon Brando.[/quote]

And Sandra Bullcok won razzie this year and yet won an Oscar. From different movies though but I really can’t stand her. She’s a terrible actress.

But since it’s about a year I saw From Dusk Till Dawn so I can’t say is QT bad in the movie but I think he was good in it. Oh well.

[quote=“jonitapani”]
And Sandra Bullcok won razzie this year and yet won an Oscar. From different movies though but I really can’t stand her. She’s a terrible actress.

But since it’s about a year I saw From Dusk Till Dawn so I can’t say is QT bad in the movie but I think he was good in it. Oh well.[/quote]
I think hes a good actor but the critics think otherwise.