Kill Bill vol2 poster

We already saw the teaser poster of kill Bill vol 1 is that

poster legit? ok so if kill bill vol2 is supposedly coming out

Feb 20,2004… I wonder how the poster of kill bill vol 2 will look?

maybe it should have the siluoette shadow of david carradine’s

backside carrying his sword lefthand outstrected ready for a duel (sorta like clint eastwood’s unforgiven poster) the poster should phrase "ITS BAD LUCK TO SEE THE BRIDE BEFORE THE WEDDING"

its sounds lame though …hahahaha cant wait for kill bill vol1

[quote]the poster should phrase "ITS BAD LUCK TO SEE THE BRIDE BEFORE THE WEDDING"

its sounds lame though …hahahaha cant wait for kill bill vol1
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s true, but it’s not quite as lame as this topic…

I LOVE that Idea. They’ve got to work David Carradine in there somewhere.

(@

AJCRane

It seems to me that their advertising both Vol’s as one. They might only be one soundtrack, their will probably be one script, and my guess is from seeing the teaser poster, (it just says Kill Bill, not Vol.1 or anything) that they will only do posters for Kill Bill, not Vol 1 + 2, but then again, I also have no idea, it almost seems to me that their trying to make the 2 movie thing kind of a suprise, for the people that don’t know about it, because of the advertising materials currantly being produced. And yes, that poster is lagit, I saw one at a theatre over the weekend, and some people are selling them on eBay. Also, this is only the teaser poster, they will probably reveal a theatrical one in the next few weeks, with the stars and stuff.

[quote]It seems to me that their advertising both Vol’s as one. They might only be one soundtrack, their will probably be one script, and my guess is from seeing the teaser poster, (it just says Kill Bill, not Vol.1 or anything) that they will only do posters for Kill Bill, not Vol 1 + 2, but then again, I also have no idea, it almost seems to me that their trying to make the 2 movie thing kind of a suprise, for the people that don’t know about it, because of the advertising materials currantly being produced. And yes, that poster is lagit, I saw one at a theatre over the weekend, and some people are selling them on eBay. Also, this is only the teaser poster, they will probably reveal a theatrical one in the next few weeks, with the stars and stuff.[/quote]

Ah, stop making generalizations and try making an educated guess. It is still too early to be talking about marketing for Vol. 2 anyway because Vol. 1 is still over a month away from being released. Most importantly, nationwide advertising for Vol. 1 hasn’t seriously begun. There is only one teaser poster popping up every so often in places outside of the Internet and a very vague teaser trailer that has been around since December. The key word here is: TEASER. Also, if they were trying to make a very poor financial decision like making Vol. 2 a surprise (which they won’t), I very much doubt they would keep the subtitle “VOL. 1� otherwise it would just come off as senseless and confusing. It’s also very stupid to think that just because there might be a theatrical poster coming soon, that they would plaster all the stars over it. That doesn’t sound very creative or attractive. The thing that is going to sell these movies the most isn’t going to be the stars. [color=Yellow]It is going to be because they are Quentin Tarantino films. So you’re going to see his name mentioned in every commercial, trailer, poster, whatever.

If Quentin’s name (or involvement) wasn’t allover these posters, web sites, and trailers, the films wouldn’t get half as much of the attention they’re currently getting and is going to continue to get. You wouldn’t get these big Premiere and Cinescape magazine articles either if it weren’t (according to Premiere) Quentin Tarantino’s “killer comebackâ€?. You also need to realize that the general public either still have no idea these films exist or have heard about them but no idea what they’re about.

How is making a generalization different from an educated guess? Just curious. Seemed to me that QT fight club’s theory makes just as much sense as yours.

I envision a Jackie Brown style campaign where they release a bunch of single character posters. One of Uma, one of Lucy Liu, one Carradine, etc. all with the character names under them in Kanji and also in English. I could see Miramax doing that.

The poster I’d like to see is a 70’s style painted Kung Fu movie/ exploitation movie poster. Similar to the poster that was on the insert in the Jackie brown DVD.

They should do one poster for every genre in the film, with uma thurman battling the character in that genre (Like lucy lui fighting uma) Then each poster could be in the style of the posters from that genre (like the mini poster that came with the jackie brown DVD)

[quote]How is making a generalization different from an educated guess? Just curious. Seemed to me that QT fight club’s theory makes just as much sense as yours.[/quote]

Actually, you’re right. Using them together like that isn’t very appropriate. Basically, I would expect more of an educated guess rather than just throwing things out there without taking a real good look at what we know and what we have seen.

Hell, I don’t even really care anymore. I just didn’t find his assumptions very thoughtful.

[quote]the general public either still have no idea these films exist or have heard about them but no idea what they’re about.[/quote]

True, when I talk to friends about QT’s next release they have no idea one is on the horizon ::slight_smile:

[quote]

You also need to realize that the general public either still have no idea these films exist or have heard about them but no idea what they’re about.
[/quote]

This doesn't strike me as a movie for the "general public" (which, I think, is the real reason for the split in to two volumes), it's more a film for us movie geeks.

[quote]

This doesn’t strike me as a movie for the “general public” (which, I think, is the real reason for the split in to two volumes), it’s more a film for us movie geeks.[/quote]

Yes, well that’s a matter of opinion but whether you like it or not, films still need to make money in order for more films to be made…Especially a film with a budget that nearly doubled during production…