The Kill Bill NECA Figures thread

All kinds of Poster stuff, Merchandise, Toys, Swords, whatever....
O-Ren

Re: The Kill Bill NECA Figures thread

Post by O-Ren » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:35 pm

I certainly do hope so because Gogo Figurine looks more Caucasian than Japanese. Her nose and lips are too big. The proportion of her feet to the rest of the body is not very correct either.. bigfoot!
Last edited by O-Ren on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delfonics
Hard Drinker

Post by Delfonics » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:27 pm

I think her nose is too big too. And her feet should be more petite. I think they really exaggerated her nose. Chiaki does have a slightly larger nose, but not like fucking Gonzo from the Muppets.

Good thing it is not the final sculpt.

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:23 am

I fuckin hope that's not the final sculpt, or paint, it really looks okward. She looks way too big, and her face doesnt look right, the first one in the teaser image looked better, shit.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:58 pm

Cipher_Born
Real McCoy

Post by Cipher_Born » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:04 pm

Wow,these figures look great;probable very expensive...

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:16 pm

They look so awssome, Well it seems that I should save my money for this..
DREAM AS IF YOU`LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU`LL DIE TODAY
Scarface: Don't go all Sigmund Freud on my ass.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:21 pm

Yeah they look cool alright.

Apparently according to Randy at NECA, the Go Go face has been resculpted 2 times since that prototype figure i posted earlier. So anyone with any worries about the face - its probable that they improved it. When they post a pic of the new face i will be the first to post it here for all to see.
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:33 pm

What´s about the second unit?
Maybe an other Bride, Bill, Bud and?

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:41 pm

The second series of Kill Bill figures havnt been announced yet but you could probably expect -

Bride (different version - hopefully in black jacket with Sword on back and pistol)
Bill
Budd
Elle

Hopeful of -
Vernita Green
Pai Mei
Hattori Hanzo
and i would be psyched if they could make a Anime version of O-ren in red suit with sniper rifle.
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub

Ferryll

Post by Ferryll » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:36 pm

How can they be already availabe if GoGo's final sculpt hasn't been out yet?

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:45 pm

How can they be already availabe if GoGo's final sculpt hasn't been out yet?
They are now available with the new Gogo. On the first page of this thread, Ursurper posted a pic from the "first" Gogo.
So here isn´t the final Gogo posted, but if you buy the figure you will have the last facecreation of her.

Ferryll

Post by Ferryll » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:47 pm

oh ok, thanks

https://www.killertoys.com/xcart/custom ... hp?cat=524
but why does the site that offers the figures not display the latest gogo? does anyone have a picture or a news item about her final sculpt?

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm

oh ok, thanks

https://www.killertoys.com/xcart/custom ... hp?cat=524
but why does the site that offers the figures not display the latest gogo? does anyone have a picture or a news item about her final sculpt?
Ursurper will post it as soon as possible. He is from Australia and maybe yet not on board.  I´m pretty curious about it. I think the Bride looks really awsome, but if they make Gogo better, I wanna see it.

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:00 am

Its a Pre-Order, it says theyll be avail in May.

mr._orange

Post by mr._orange » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:17 am

i think they'll run at about 20 bucks, i mean thats how much bluntman and chronic cost so it should be close

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:05 pm

Ferryl - NECA have apparently finished the final sculpts of Go Go and O'ren (supposedly just changes to the faces) but they just havnt yet posted any pics of the final sculpts - which they probably will do very soon im told. When they do i'll post them here first thing though.

Killertoys are only just advertising the prototypes for promotional order purposes only. There's probably a fine print somewhere saying that figure lineups and designs could be subject to change completely. Apparently the figures are due to be released in April sometime, im not 100% certain though.

NECA Kill Bill figures should retail for about $10 to $14 US depending on where you buy them im told. This seems the average US price for McF and NECA figures. In Australia we have to pay about $35 to $40 AUST for good quality figures like these.

Oh did i also mention i bought this little gem today?  :D  :D
Last edited by Usurper on Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockMan123

Post by RockMan123 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:09 pm

It's Kaneda from AKIRA!!! McFarlene is so awesome!!!
I have the Kaneda version with the googles & flame thrower, and the Joker King!!! But man, you're so lucky you found the model with the bike, I want to so bad!!!

Cant wait for the Kill Bill figures too!!! Neca surpassed my expectations, the figures are nice.
I really dont care if there isnt much articulation, I collect toys for display, and not to play. But they should have one crazy 88 figure with a button in his back, and when you press it, hell fall to pieces (like the crash test  dummies toys), so itll look like the brides sliced & diced that sucka. corny huh? i d still think it be cool.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:18 pm

An update on the status of the O'ren figure -

"Miramax and Quentin gave their blessing on O-Ren however Lucy Liu has an additional approval over the use of her likeness on KB merchandise. We are awaiting her response.

Since we want to have these figures in stores in April for the DVD and for Kill Bill Volume 2 we need to move ahead. Retailers need to solicit orders and we do not want to delay production. For now we given retailers images and details that do not include O-Ren. It is my sincere hope that we can add her in time but that depends on the feedback we get from Lucy Liu.
If she does not make the cut we can hope for Series II.

Either way I feel you will be pleased with Series I and we have packed in a ton of detail and some very cool features never attempted in action figures before. Yes, the CRAZY 88 will have removable limbs that will spray blood (well disappearing red ink - but close enough)

Back to work
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys"

I hope they get the O'ren figure done in time. So it now seems the crazy 88's will have blood squirting action. I would have preferred plastic blood stick on sprays rather than childish squirting action. But it doesnt really bother me either because im not going to use it anyway.
Last edited by Usurper on Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delfonics
Hard Drinker

Post by Delfonics » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:21 pm

Thats sounds awesome. I dont know exactly how that spurting blood thing will work and ho wmessy it'll get but I like their new ideas.

Lucy Liu should make up her mind soon on the figure approval. I would like to own these figures in April.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:28 am

Ok latest news on the O'ren Figure -

Lucy Liu has approved her likeness on the figure so it will be in Series 1 along with the rest.

Here's some pics out of a recent Lees Toy Review magazine -

Im not 100% sure this is the final sculpt but apparently it is (although ive heard no official word on this). Sure it doesnt look 100% like Liu but its the best your gonna get with a figure, i actually think it looks pretty damned good. Also note that the sculptor has copied Liu's infamous lazy right eye and freckled complexion (which is kinda hard to see on the so-so quality pics).
Last edited by Usurper on Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

QTfightclub
Real McCoy

Post by QTfightclub » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:16 am

Shit, that looks damn fine to me!  ;D
Now lets just hope the GoGo figure looks ok.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:14 am

UPDATE -

That pic i posted of O'ren is not the final sculpt, sure it looks pretty good, but NECA have confirmed its not the final sculpt. That pic is actually a couple of months old. Apparently the final sculpt is indeed improved upon that pic above (they've improved the face).

anyways heres the official word -

"We did not promote the fact the O-Ren images were in there because they were not the final prototype. Those images date back a few months ago from a Lee's shoot that was done for an article about the making of the Kill Bill Action Figures.

I think O-Ren looks good in those images but I think she looks great in her final form. Most of you should know how lighting/angle/paint can alter the way a sculpt looks not to mention that we were still adjusting the eyes and bone structure of her face at that time.

I will try to post official images tomorrow

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys"

Ill post them when i see them.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Theres a whole new section up on the Kill Bill figures at the new NECA website. Im assuming the figures are all final sculpts, and most look pretty good.

http://www.necaonline.com/kbillnews1.html

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:33 am

For anybody whos interested there are pics of the final Kill Bill figure line at The New York Toyfair 2004 -

http://69.93.35.18/photo/1/showgallery. ... &password=

They all look pretty crash hot, especially the Bride and O'ren.

O'ren, well she just looks beautiful - http://69.93.35.18/photo/1/showphoto.ph ... 101&page=2
Last edited by Usurper on Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDK

Post by JDK » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:36 am

The only good figures are the 88's.  Everyone else looks bad.

HellHound

Post by HellHound » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:54 am

should of asked mcfarlane toys to do it

RockMan123

Post by RockMan123 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:11 pm

Yeah. I was let down when I heard that McFarlene wasnt doing it. Shit. I think NECA did pretty good job though (I think the Bride is the mose COOLEST one ever). I was expecting all of them to look like the Old-School GI joe figures.

mr._orange

Post by mr._orange » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 am

GI Joe owns.... :D

RockMan123

Post by RockMan123 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:41 am

HAHA! Yeah GI Joe rocks........but Im glad Kill BIll didnt get the same treatment as the toys......actually, I think I would still buy them if they did.....but Im not willing to pay 9.99$ unless its high quality (cuz im a real cheap bitch)

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:37 pm

They don't look that bad but they did get Liu on point