Question RE: Vol. 2

I’m not sure if this has been asked before (couldn’t find anything, anywhere), but I’m currently watching Vol 2. and it’s up to the scene where Bill has just shot Beatrix with ‘the undisputed truth’ and is giving his superman speech.

I can’t help but wonder, he just fired a dart, and before that, fired two gunshots (warning shots to Beatrix) and all the while we’re lead to believe B.B. is in bed sleeping?

She must be one heavy sleeper to not stir through 3 loud shots. I often always wondered if Bill gave up his assassin lifestyle as soon as he took in B.B. or if she was exposed to everything? Can anyone shed some light on this topic for me?

Apologies for the sloppy writing it’s 2am and I’m in between glances of the TV screen.

Cherry.x

Who is to say B.B didn’t wake up? She wasn’t the focus during that scene, why does it matter? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ify”]
Who is to say B.B didn’t wake up? She wasn’t the focus during that scene, why does it matter? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I really hope she was fast asleep and didn’t hear a fucking thing. I’d like it if she didn’t have to witness such a thing and could grow up like a normal kid, albeit with the Bride as her mother. She probably went on to be a great mom. ;D

[quote=“Ify”]
[/quote]

It’s true, but it’s the first time I’ve watched it and really looked at it as, holy shit there’s a kid in the other room. And it made me wonder a few things …

I’d love to see B.B. in the possible sequel. QT has already said it will be based around Nikki getting her revenge on Beatrix, so surely B.B. would have to pop up somewhere, and they are roughly around the same age.

Can anyone else see her being a part of the sequel, and how so? I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts.

[quote=“cherrydarling”]
Can anyone else see her being a part of the sequel, and how so? I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts.
[/quote]

Here’s the thing that I’ve always thought about B.B., because the moment I heard there might be a sequel I’ve been thinking about it. At first I thought that maybe B.B. would have to kill Nikki after she gets her revenge from the Bride, but at what point would B.B. get the chance to be involved in that lifestyle. The Bride did everything she did through those two movies to get revenge, then once she found out her baby was alive to find her and be a mom. And if she would do all that I’m positive that she would have raised her B.B. as normal a fucking kid as she could.

Nikki on the other hand, saw her mother killed before her very eyes and if there’s any truth to QT’s idea for the next movie she would be trained by the one-armed Sophie and no-eyed Elle to get her revenge.

So if she is in the next Kill Bill I kinda doubt she’ll play too big a part. She’ll be older, have her own life, and her being some sort of warrior would make everything the Bride did pointless. It shouldn’t concern her in the least.

Thanks Ify.

Good point.

Yeah those are the same things I’ve been thinking as well, like would Beatrix shield her from that life, or would she have some knowledge of the whole ordeal her mother went through to get to her. And would she express any sort of interest in her mother’s former life as she got older.

I really hope the answer to all those questions is a resounding no. Nobody deserves to live that sort of life. Look at all the people that did! Granted it’s a movie, but still. I care about the characters enough to hope they’re okay until QT decides to take them out the drawer again.

Yeah agreed. And I’m the same, I find myself thinking about these characters far too much. But I guess it’s just a credit to QT for creating such extraordinary characters, that creep into your brain like that.

[quote=“LT. Ordell Rodriguez”]
she would be trained by the one-armed Sophie and one-eyed Elle to get her revenge.
[/quote]

You mean no-eyed Elle! :wink:

[quote=“Ify”]
You mean no-eyed Elle! :wink:
[/quote]

Oh shit!, thanks. I was off on a tangent and “she would be trained by the one-armed Sophie and one-eyed Elle to get her revenge” sounded really good to me while I was typing it.

Chapter 9: Elle and I… get it? :slight_smile:

Its not set in stone that B.B. gets her revenge immediately. Lets say Nikki kills the Bride, B.B. knows it, trains a few years, and then kills Nikki. Problem solved.

Or maybe B.B. is a natural born killer as her parents. After Bill’s superman speech, I’d accept that

One question I’ve always had regarding Kill Bill Vol.2:

I know she’s only a kid and the story takes place in the ‘movie-movie’ universe, but does anyone else think it strange that B.B seems remarkably calm about her the death of her father (whom she obviously loved) at the hands of the mother she only just met?

I suppose it would make things too emotionally complex as we reach the end of the movie but still…I certainly found it odd that that film ends with the kid gleefully watching t.v.

Any opinions?

[quote=“dropbombboy”]One question I’ve always had regarding Kill Bill Vol.2:

I know she’s only a kid and the story takes place in the ‘movie-movie’ universe, but does anyone else think it strange that B.B seems remarkably calm about her the death of her father (whom she obviously loved) at the hands of the mother she only just met?

I suppose it would make things too emotionally complex as we reach the end of the movie but still…I certainly found it odd that that film ends with the kid gleefully watching t.v.

Any opinions?[/quote]

Perhaps B.B didn’t see Bill die, nor even knows about.

Did you not have the same question about Nikki witnessing the death of her mother in Volume 1?

Yeah. Could also have a bit to do with Bill’s lifestyle. Beatrix told Bill that she knew she had to leave because if she stayed, he would raise BB in that world, and she didn’t want that for her little girl. So maybe to BB, death is just as much a part of life as breakfast lunch and dinner.

Did you not have the same question about Nikki witnessing the death of her mother in Volume 1?[/quote]

No, regarding that, I always assumed that Nikki would be distraught,(obviously we don’t see her once the Bride leaves the house).

B.B is taken away by her mother but who is also her father’s killer, yet she seems oblivious to the fact that her father is dead.

I was at least waiting for a ‘where’s Daddy?’ moment.

The point about Bill’s lifestyle is interesting. I’d buy that.

Obviously QT knew what he was doing with the scene as it would be a glaring plothole otherwise IMO.