Kill Bill:The Whole Bloody Affair questions?

Hey I have been waiting for this DvD release for so long having the two volumes form together into one big epic tale of revenge but I have a few questions about it.

1.When is the DvD going to be released?

2.It says it will have an intermission with some music? Will it have adds and music playing with the intermission? No like grindhouse fake trailers but just adds and certain music during the intermission. I am just saying this because it will seem kind of pointless to just have a black screen with text that says intermission for like 3 to 5 minutes and nothing changes and there is just music in the background I won’t see a purpose to have an intermission unless there is something visual like fake adds and commercials. So anyone know what the intermission might be like?

3.Also last but not least. Will the film when combined into one be edited a little in another way or will it just randomly show Kill Bill Volume 1 and intermission and Kill Bill 2 with some deleted scenes maybe added. I am just saying this because it would kind of be disappointing if that is all that is really going to happen just both volumes combined cause that is kind of like Grindhouse one movie then trailers then another movie. Will it be edited a little different so it flows more like one whole movie with an intermission?

I also hear Yuki’s revenge was actually filmed? Will that be in the whole bloody affair? I really hope so cause mostly everyone loves that scene and it would seem pointless for QT to film something and not even ever use it.

So I hope he decides to use it. Do you guys think he will?

Does anyone have a copy of the original script?

bump…

[quote=“Dohogerse”]Does anyone have a copy of the original script?[/quote]

http://sfy.ru/sfy.html?script=kill_bill

bump again.

Does anyone know if Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair will be edited in any other way. Or will it just be uncut volume 1 then intermission then Volume 2 cause that would kind of disappoint me.

I heard they filmed the Yuki’s Revenge Chapter so will that be in TWBA cause I would love for that to happen. It just seems pointless filming a scene most people love that you spent your time and money on then never use it.

So will that be in TWBA and will it be re-edited a little or is it just kill bill 1 intermission then kill bill 2

there’s gonna be a new anime sequence

Thank you for the link.

Does anybody have any idea if this is EVER going to be released??

Probably when Hell freezes over.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I was hoping that the closer IB gets to the theaters they would want some Tarantino hype, but the Pulp Fiction Blu-Ray seems to be it…

I just plain NEED “The Whole Bloody Affair”!!!

[quote=“StuntmanD.”]
I just plain NEED “The Whole Bloody Affair”!!!
[/quote]

You and me both pal.

But wasn’t the wait between Jackie Brown and it’s big DVD release close to five years? And if he waited five years for that, I’d see having to wait just a little longer for the Whole Bloody Affair.

I don’t mind waiting that much if the bonus material will be good.

It would be fucking awesome to watch blood fly, eyes snached, and gutts spill for 4+ straight hours, thats something good to watch while your high.

The only film that spills blood and guts but also has the most substance.

yes, yes. that too :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Tarantino101”]bump again.

Does anyone know if Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair will be edited in any other way. Or will it just be uncut volume 1 then intermission then Volume 2 cause that would kind of disappoint me.

I heard they filmed the Yuki’s Revenge Chapter so will that be in TWBA cause I would love for that to happen. It just seems pointless filming a scene most people love that you spent your time and money on then never use it.

So will that be in TWBA and will it be re-edited a little or is it just kill bill 1 intermission then kill bill 2[/quote]

TWBA (minus the new anime sequence) has been available for years, yet for some reason people just don’t know it yet.

Remember a few years back when Empire reviewed the Cannes version which stated all the stuff that was different?

* No “klingon proverb” quote. Instead a dedication

* HOBL fight massacre in color, slightly differently cut

* gorier anime scenes

* various other scenes slightly longer

* Sofie Fatale loses more limbs

* no “baby” cliffhanger ending

* short (music-accompanied) intermission between two parts

* Volume 2 is not different

I’ve been using this guide and the uncut Japanese DVDs to watch what is essentially a DIY version of TWBA, that I’m 99.99% positive is correct. Anytime a movie has an intermission usually the screen will go black. After The Bride utters the line “and I want them all to know they’ll all soon be as dead as O-Ren” the music stops and the screen goes black.

There’s your intermission. What follows is essentially a preview of Vol. 2 and of course the cliffhanger ending. There is no other point between the cliffhanger and fade to black where an intermission would make sense.

Anyway take an intermission if you like and after you pop in Vol. 2 just simply go to chapter select and select chapter 2. The film continues on and there you have it. You’ve now seen The Whole Bloody Affair. When done this way Kill Bill no longer feels like 2 different films, but one long film. The difference in pacing between part 1 and 2 are no longer jarring and the film reveals itself for what it truly is. An epic tale of bloody revenge and in my opinion Quentin Tarantino’s greatest masterwork.

There is no doubt in my mind that had the movie been released as originally intended it would have been at least nominated for Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Screenplay and possibly best picture. Cutting Kill Bill in two was a mistake and I implore everyone to see the film as originally intended.

I found this interview with Tarantino where he confirms where the intermission is

Not Found - Screenwriter's Utopia

looks like I’m right.

Show your support, join this:

Facebook