Drink Budd Drinks (and loads of other questions)?

You know when he gets the million dollars, what drink is it he is making, anyone have a recipe, it looks nice.

Oh, and why doesn’t he just kill the bride as soon as he has shot her?

And why isn’t she permanently screwed form being shot at close range with a shotgun?

And do you reckon Budd would have been trained by Pai Mei (in which case he could have anticipated what the bride would do)?

One thing that also puzzled me, if they were trained in Chinese martial arts, why would they use Japanese steel?

And didn’t QT say Bill was one of the characters in the anime section? Was he the guy that set alight to the place via kicking the cigar?

And which one of the Crazy 88 was QT!?

Q: You know when he gets the million dollars, what drink is it he is making, anyone have a recipe, it looks nice:

A: I think its just a margarita. (tequila, triple sec, margarita mix, ice, blended up, serve in old jar)

Q: Oh, and why doesn’t he just kill the bride as soon as he has shot her?

A: He probably planned exactly what he was gonna do weeks before she showed up.

Q: And why isn’t she permanently screwed form being shot at close range with a shotgun?

A: Rock salt stopped the extremity of the blast.

Q: And do you reckon Budd would have been trained by Pai Mei (in which case he could have anticipated what the bride would do)?

A: Yes. He probably was trained by Pai Mei too. I think all The DiVAS were trained by him. Elle just happened to be the bitchiest of the bunch and got her eye plucked out.

Q: One thing that also puzzled me, if they were trained in Chinese martial arts, why would they use Japanese steel?

A: I think the sword represented her respect for them. (like how she used a sword for O-Ren and Budd but then used her knife for Vernita, the knife was Vernitas specialty weapon. And then she used the Eagles Claw for that Crazy 88 and Elle more because it was needed in close contact. Bill trained them in all the Asian fighting ways so theyd be even more indestructible.

Q: And didn’t QT say Bill was one of the characters in the anime section? Was he the guy that set alight to the place via kicking the cigar?

Not sure if that was him. It may have been. You’ll notice O-Ren doesnt see his face when her parents are killed.

Q: And which one of the Crazy 88 was QT!?

A: Not sure on that one.

If he was trained, he would have anticipated.

You explained everything else. Margarita, is it lime or lemon juice he uses? (apparently blended with ice is called a frozen margarita)

Lime juice.

Yeah Budd made a sloppy frozen margarita. You can make them regular too without so much ice.

I see, it looked great, I must have tried it in the past, but I wanna try again.

I brought this up in another topic, but did anyone notice The Bride only has 2 visual spaghetti western flashbacks? Vernita and O-Ren

Sofie, Elle, Budd and Bill didnt have that.

The reason is: She only has visual flashbacks when her victims see HER. If they dont see her, we only hear the Ironside vengeance music or nothing at all (like in Budd and Bills case).

With Budd: She never sees him up close, just his legs and before she gets a chance to look at him he shoots her. BUT when she DOES see him, she still doesnt have the flashback/music go off, probably cuz shes dazed from being hurt.

I think with Bill, it didnt happen at all cuz she saw BB first.

[quote=“NonStop”]
Oh, and why doesn’t he just kill the bride as soon as he has shot her?
[/quote]
He wanted her to suffer for breaking his brother’s heart.

Isn’t it what everything is about?

[quote=“NonStop”]

And didn’t QT say Bill was one of the characters in the anime section? Was he the guy that set alight to the place via kicking the cigar?

[/quote]

The shitkicker in the white suit that sets the house on fire at the end of the anime sequence is Bill. He’s wearing the ring that we see Bill wearing in the medium close shot when he’s talking to Elle on the phone when she’s in the Bride’s hospital room.

I tried to see if he was wearing that skull ring. Couldnt tell tho

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I tried to see if he was wearing that skull ring. Couldnt tell tho
[/quote]

You can see in a wide angle shot from below on him, with his sword in the foreground, where you see his hand on the hilt and the ring on his finger.

Someone should get a screencap of both the anime ring and the real ring.

It is very possible it looks different because of the style of the animation, but I’m not sure I’m totally sold on it being Bill, but you never know. Carradine supposedly mentioned in an interview QT told him that Pretty Riki was Bill.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://bp3.blogger.com/_hnf0osK09V4/Rhh … -anime.jpg”>kill-bill-anime.jpg (image)</LINK_TEXT>