Rate Kill Bill!

What would you give Kill Bill (out of 10)?

• 10. Masterpiece
  • 9. Brilliant
  • 8. Good
  • 7. Average
  • 6. Satisfactory
  • 5. Less than Satisfactory
  • 4. Poor
  • 3. Very Poor
  • 2. Horrible
  • 1.Unwatchable

0 voters

Personally, although I consider Pulp Fiction to be the greatest film (flawless), Kill Bill is my favourite film. It’s quite hard to describe, and I don’t really have the time to get exactly into why I just LOVE this film so damn much, but all I gotta say is, it’s orgasmic. The feelings I get when watching this masterpiece from Tarantino equals what I feel when I hear a masterpiece from Pink Floyd. It’s incomparable to anything else, and the more I watch it, the better it gets. It’s true that I will never dislike this film, even if there is a scene I don’t quite agree with (the pregnancy test scene). It’s important to acknowledge the flaws, but this doesn’t take anything away from its genius. From all the different aspects of filmmaking, the one’s that most appeal to me in Kill Bill are:

1. The dialogue. I am absolutely in love with it. In fact, my own dialogue (in real life) resembles very much QT’s style, and especially the dialogue in this film (and Death Proof). I’m no stranger to word play, and I am so very in tune with QT’s dialogue. I am very aware of his style. His dialogue all has a certain amount of flair to it. It follows a certain style, and it is that style I am most in love with. A few examples from the top of my head:

“Do you really have to guess?”

“No. I don’t really have to guess. I know”

“If you had to guess, why she left you alive, what would be your guess?”

“Guessing won’t be necessary, she informed me.”

“Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I’d like to believe that you’re aware enough even now to know that there’s nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other… jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most… masochistic”

“I want him to know what I know. I want him to know I want him to know. And I want them all to know they’ll all soon be as dead as O-Ren.”

“Now, you saw that yourself with your own beautiful blue eye, did you not?”

“And the reason we won’t do that thing is because… that thing would lower us. Don’t you agree, Miss Driver?”

“But still nothing. Except my aching heart, at what she’s done to my beautiful and brilliant Sofie.”

“And to what do I owe this dubious pleasure?”

“No. You’re not a bad person. You’re a terrific person. You’re my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real cunt.”

“No, I said I’d do my best. That’s hardly a promise”

“You’ll find it a bit lonely on my side.”

“Your side always was a bit lonely. But I wouldn’t sit anywhere else”

“Ah so. It all suddenly seems so clear.”

2. The camera work and visuals. I like watching what he does with the camera, the motions he follows. It’s truly mesmerising.

3. And of course, the music. Never has a film combined music to visuals with such an aethetically pleasing quality. It makes me want to rub myself where I really shouldn’t rub myself ;D

The point I am trying to make is - Kill Bill owns my soul. I think about it almost everyday of my life. I am obsessed, but not to the point of lunacy. I repeat QT’s lines, but substitute some of the wording to my actual situation, and of course nobody notices. Love it.

10 from me (thanfully, otherwise I’d be lost with your scale… your 7 equals to my 5…)

KB was the first Tarantino I saw in cinema. I have a lot of great memories about it, such as traveling 120 km to see it… while I was underage and not sure if they’d let me in… had to grow some beard to better my chances, KB Vol. 1 R2J being my first ever Visa purchase and it arriving the same day when I left to Rome with my class… watched the dvd with my friends just a few hours before leaving…

Kill Bill was also the first QT movie I’ve seen in theaters. Huge impact of me definitely. But I guess I still prefer Reservoir Dogs, that’s why I give it a 9. But Kill Bill and Death Proof are the most exciting of QT movies. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are more films about coolness and dialogues.

I still think Kill Bill is a beautifully made movie. Just a really great work of cinema.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
10 from me (thanfully, otherwise I’d be lost with your scale… your 7 equals to my 5…)

KB was the first Tarantino I saw in cinema. I have a lot of great memories about it, such as traveling 120 km to see it… while I was underage and not sure if they’d let me in… had to grow some beard to better my chances, KB Vol. 1 R2J being my first ever Visa purchase and it arriving the same day when I left to Rome with my class… watched the dvd with my friends just a few hours before leaving…
[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I took into account your rating system actually, but in the end went for the one I’m most familar with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kill Bill was also the first QT film I saw at the cinema. Unfortunately, the guys I went with wanted to watch Bad Boys II for the 3rd time (for them), straight after. So whilst they were enjoying that piece of shit film, I was thinking about Kill Bill. And I’ve been thining about it ever since. It’s the film I’ve been more obsessed about than Star Wars. Both make me very giddy ;D

could anyone possibly consider it’s unwatchable? and why in the world would someone thinkin so be around on this board?

I guess all the answers this vote is ever gonna get are “masterpiece”, “brilliant” and maybe “good”.

5/5

I really want to see The Whole Bloody Affair.

A perfect 10…it’s Quentin’s most entertaining, most badass movie to date.

I was trying to remember if there was something I didn’t like about this movie and I couldn’t remember anything (besides Uma’s feet of course) but otherwise: brilliant! :-*

IF, Inglorious Bastards moves me like Kill Bill did, I’ll retract this, but KB is DA SHIZNIT!!!

I will have to go with ‘‘masterpiece’’. It’s for me a movie that can make my day, week or month brighter. I dont know why, and I sound really stupid, but its therapy for me. Not only because of the fact that its a entertaining movie, but the music and the pictures are so appealing. Its amost like magic, and definately my favourite movie of all time.

Its maybe just me, but…

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

[quote=“Ronja”]
I will have to go with ‘‘masterpiece’’. It’s for me a movie that can make my day, week or month brighter. I dont know why, and I sound really stupid, but its therapy for me. Not only because of the fact that its a entertaining movie, but the music and the pictures are so appealing. Its amost like magic, and definately my favourite movie of all time.

Its maybe just me, but…

:slight_smile::slight_smile:
[/quote]

I definitely get what you mean by that “magic” element. I share a certain closeness to that film, it’s almost like my friend in a way. I don’t need to be embarassed to say this, but it’s 100% true!! Watching Kill Bill, or even clips of it, or just maybe a song from it’s soundtrack can bring a smile to my face. Immediately I will mentally acknowledge it’s brilliance. It gives me a feeling very few films can do. Often, (and I do this with music a lot) but when I’m feeling down, it’s a form of therapy for me too. I mean film in general is a form of therapy for me, but Kill Bill in particular, it just cures my ailments. It’s awesome in that respect and so holds a lot of functions. If I could, I’d marry it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d marry all the Divas. Except Budd.

I’d marry Bill just to hear him speak.

[quote=“Ify”]
I’d marry Bill just to hear him speak.
[/quote]

Bill’s voice

"I want to play with your flute"

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Bill’s voice

"I want to play with your flute"
[/quote]

Stick with what you know, dude (cough wrestling cough).

Love his voice though.

Boooy! I know more about Romero, Carpenter, Rodrgiuez than all of you fuckers combined!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Boooy! I know more about Romero, Carpenter, Rodrgiuez than all of you fuckers combined!
[/quote]

Yes, well enough to spell their names right. Well done.

Damn typos!

I write fast so…

but check out my articles and reviews at the deuce

and guess who changed most of the content in the rodriguez wiki

Me!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Damn typos!

I write fast so…

but check out my articles and reviews at the deuce

and guess who changed most of the content in the rodriguez wiki

Me!
[/quote]

“If you had to guess, who changed most of the content in the Rodriguez Wiki, what you be your guess?”

“Guessing won’t be necessary… She (Biohazard) informed me.”

;D