Kill Bill DC on its way

Tarantino today said, that it is practically finished, but with all the Grind House work, it was delayed. so I guess after all the Grind House business is done with, we’ll see the DVDs come out, or first a theatrical re-release of the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair

Whaaaaaat? Im speechless.

I hope the deleted scene is included in the Whole Bloody Affair…

Cant wait to see what the extra features will be.

I just hope this waiting was worth it!!

[quote=“me”]
Whaaaaaat? Im speechless.
[/quote]

Me too.

OMG OMG OMG!!

Will there be new NEVER SEEN BEFORE footage?

That would be like getting Christmas…times a thousand.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
OMG OMG OMG!!

Will there be new NEVER SEEN BEFORE footage?

[/quote]

It doesn’t seem like there is a lot of change. I remember that version was screened in Cannes (the year QT was president) and reading reports of it listing the differences that weren’t huge.

The main thing i assume is that we get ONE 4hours something film!

ah damn, and i just realised that it cant be on DVD, cause it doesnt have enough storage. it must be HD-DVD or Blu-Ray I guess.

its a shame that the Whole Bloody affair isnt much different though. damn shame.

It doesn’t have to be on one disc.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
It doesn’t have to be on one disc.
[/quote]

yeah but that totally sucks, having to get up and change the disc. and not because im lazy, but because it interferrs with the movie experience. thats why i havent bought the Lord of the rings extended versions, 2 Discs NO THANKS.

It doesn’t matter… The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions are so beautiful. From the extended films to the beautiful DVD-box to the making of. If the DVD is gonna get anywhere near that I’d be very happy.

I’d be happy with that.

I’ve already got the uncensored director’s cut of Vol. 1 but it would be nice to watch it without having to manually cut the English subtitles on and off during the Japanese dialogue scenes.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
yeah but that totally sucks, having to get up and change the disc. and not because im lazy, but because it interferrs with the movie experience. thats why i havent bought the Lord of the rings extended versions, 2 Discs NO THANKS.
[/quote]

anyway, the theatrical version of the whole bloody affair had and intermission (with music playing in the theater) so you’ll just have to play an Ennio Morricone tune while changing the disc and that’ll do :slight_smile:

Unless your DVD player can hold 5 discs :wink:

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
[/quote]

The LOTR box sets are perfect. stop being lazy. the whole bloody affair is truly worth getting up to change the disc

It’s worth changing the disc for and it doesn’t piss me off at all, it’s like Lawrence of Arabia or the Ten Commandments dvds.

But, I think what Crazy Hattori is trying to say is that if we had to change the disc, it would be like watching the two separate volumes one after another in a way. Instead of one complete film with no interruptions. But then again, it is no different to pausing the dvd in the middle while you go to the bathroom quickly.

Well, Tarantino’s 4 hour cut was supposed to have an intermission. Lawrence, and Spartacus had intermissions like that where you could pop it back in and watch the intermission for awhile before the next part came on.

Am I the only one here who isn’t at all excited about this? After five viewings of Vol. 1 and six viewings of Vol. 2 I still consider Vol. 1 as being one of the three best Tarantino movies alongside Dogs and Jackie. Then there’s a very teeny weeny drop in quality to Pulp and then Vol. 2 in the tail department as easily the worst Tarantino movie (haven’t seen Death Proof yet). At first I loved it but now the more I see it, the less I like it. To me, it doesn’t quite find its footing between the epic revenge exploitation and emotional drama aspects of the story. And a lot of the dialogue just annoys me now. “Is that not the perfect visual image of life and death? A fish flapping on the carpet, and a fish not flapping on the carpet” or “Any other time you’d be 100% right. This time, you’re 100% wrong.” That’s a long way from “I don’t tip” or “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.”

Still, I don’t hate the movie, I like it but The Whole Bloody Affair doesn’t interest me. But naturally I’ll buy it for the special features.