Kill Bill errors and mistakes topic

I was just wondering if anybody out there has found any mistakes or mess up’s in the film. I so far have found only one, We see the bride write the Death List Five in 2 colors of pen. Black for the numbers and the Death list Five phrase and red for the names. However right after she kills o-ren she crosses out her name and the name is written in black. Small error, but still there. By the way I absolutly adored the movie this is just for fun. ;D

Go to Movie-Mistakes.com and check the Kill Bill listing.

I sent in the mistake “The Bride proves to O-Ren that her sword is a true Hattori Hanzo by showing the insigna by the handle. However, in an earlier scene where The Bride chooses her initial sword, there is no insigna on either side of the blade.”  However, someone corrected me by saying, “The swords on the wall were said to be show pieces. Whereas they are undoubtably well made, they are made for looks, not war. A combat blade would have the insignia.”

I tend to disagree with that.  Yes, they are there for their asthetic and sentimental value but how can you say they can’t be combat swords? I might send in a re-correction.

I just thought of this, but in that same scene, Hanzo writes Bill’s name on a foggy window… yet it is actually a sunny day outside (Bride wearing a t-shirt and all).

[quote]Go to Movie-Mistakes.com and check the Kill Bill listing.

I sent in the mistake “The Bride proves to O-Ren that her sword is a true Hattori Hanzo by showing the insigna by the handle. However, in an earlier scene where The Bride chooses her initial sword, there is no insigna on either side of the blade.”  However, someone corrected me by saying, “The swords on the wall were said to be show pieces. Whereas they are undoubtably well made, they are made for looks, not war. A combat blade would have the insignia.”

I tend to disagree with that.  Yes, they are there for their asthetic and sentimental value but how can you say they can’t be combat swords?  I might send in a re-correction.

I just thought of this, but in that same scene, Hanzo writes Bill’s name on a foggy window… yet it is actually a sunny day outside (Bride wearing a t-shirt and all).[/quote]

The swords in his attic are showcase swords so they dont need a Hanzo insignia. The sword he makes The Bride is a special Hanzo Jingi sword made specifically for her (for killing) with a special Lioness insignia on the swords blade along with his Hanzo insignia on the swordholder. ÂÂ

It was either dust or frost on the window.

[quote]I was just wondering if anybody out there has found any mistakes or mess up’s in the film.  I so far have found only one, We see the bride write the Death List Five in 2 colors of pen.  Black for the numbers and the Death list Five phrase and red for the names.  However right after she kills o-ren she crosses out her name and the name is written in black.  Small error, but still there.  By the way I absolutly adored the movie this is just for fun.  ;D[/quote]

Not true. There are two death list fives. The first is in all black and it’s made before she kills Oren. That’s the one she crosses out Oren’s name on. Then she gets on the plane and makes list number two. It is red and black, and that’s what she crosses out after killing Vernita Green. I dont’ know why there are two, but she makes two.

This may seem minor, but little mistakes like this get under my skin. When Vivica shoves the picture of her daughter in Uma’s face, she is holding it two different ways in the two different shots. In one shot, she is holding it by the side, and in the other, she is holding it from the top.

There’s also a bullet hole in the wrong wall in that scene.

And when O-ren dramatically draws her sword, her hand is seemingly in the wrong place, falling right on the seam between the sword handle and the scabbard; so, when she pulls the sword out, her hand is in all the wrong place to use the sword. In the reverse shot, her hand is in the right place.

And of course, there is the very obvious mistake in the voice over where Uma says that she was willing her legs out of “entropy”.

[quote]

Not true. There are two death list fives. The first is in all black and it’s made before she kills Oren. That’s the one she crosses out Oren’s name on. Then she gets on the plane and makes list number two. It is red and black, and that’s what she crosses out after killing Vernita Green. I dont’ know why there are two, but she makes two.[/quote]

There is no substantial evidence to prove she created two Death Lists. Think about it, O-Ren’s name was already crossed off in the beginning of the film. We see her actually crossing it off later in the film. Now, where would you get the idea she crossed O-Ren off on the plane, and then decided to re-write the list all over again?

The “entropy” line is actually not a mistake… check M-M.com for more (it’s in Corrections).

Quentin is clearly having his cake and eating it too. In his Rolling Stone interview, he clearly says that it was a mistake that Uma made in the voice over, citing her peculiar pronunciation as the reason that “atrophy” sounds like “entropy”. Apparently the script says “entropy”. Entropy has a manifold meaning and could be used in this place. I just figured it was a mistake because Quentin said it was.

For some reason i thought that there was a shot of her crossing off Oren’s name in black before the shot where she makes a new list.

[quote]For some reason i thought that there was a shot of her crossing off Oren’s name in black before the shot where she makes a new list.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, she had it crossed off and the camera kept switching from a CU of the list and a shot of The Bride as she wrote the rest of the names.

Hmmm, I might have to see it again but here is what I gathered (in chronological order): The Bride kills O-Ren. She makes the Death List Five for the first time (and presumeably only time) on the plane ride back home (and then she would go on to kill Vernita). When she kills Vernita, she whips the list back out and you can see O-Ren’s name is already crossed off (this is presumeably from the plane). However, the names are inked in a different color than the one shown on the plane. That is where the mistake lies… unless I missed something?

Editing Mistake:

After Vernita is killed, Uma puts her knife back in her holster…this is a tight CU on the knife and Uma’s hand…before the cut to the next shot UMa’s hand is on the knife…when it cuts to the wide shot of Uma looking at Vernita’s daughter…her hand is nowhere near the knife.

When Hanzo goes to write bills name you can tell something has been going on with that pane of glass. There is a clearly visable square in the dust

No one’s mentioned this before, but I noticed it the first time I watched Kill Bill (I’m on #4 now)

When Uma is doing a voice-over, introducing O-Ren Ishii, Go-Go, and Johnny Mo, she says “The pretty lady who is dressed like she’s a villian on Star Trek sitting on O-Ren’s right is Sophie Fatale” (or something to that effect)

However, it is very clear that Sophie Fatale is sitting on O-Ren’s left.

I think that they filmed the scene correctly and then flipped the film or something… unless it was just a simple mistake.

[quote]No one’s mentioned this before, but I noticed it the first time I watched Kill Bill (I’m on #4 now)

When Uma is doing a voice-over, introducing O-Ren Ishii, Go-Go, and Johnny Mo, she says “The pretty lady who is dressed like she’s a villian on Star Trek sitting on O-Ren’s right is Sophie Fatale” (or something to that effect)

However, it is very clear that Sophie Fatale is sitting on O-Ren’s left.

I think that they filmed the scene correctly and then flipped the film or something… unless it was just a simple mistake.[/quote]

yep - definitely noticed that

There is one that no one has mentioned yet, and that is when Vernita is fighting with the bride her top is zipped down quite a bit, almost showing her cleavage, but when she gets the knife to the chest it is zipped all the way up to her neck. It had to kind of be that way, because they couldn’t show the knife going through her skin.

The hattori hanzo insignia isn’t on the blade, it’s on the gaurd of the sword. Look at when Bill is talking to one eye. He Has a picture of a devil on his guard, along with a 3 sided leaf. The leaf is hattori hanzo, the devil is bill (aka the personality of the sword), the lioness is UMA. Duh.

I noticed the Death list thing also. Why would there be 2 lists and what brings you to that conclusion…

guys, she never made two lists, that one extreme cu of her crossing out the name was in black and white.

notice uma’s fingers have no color?

Now that I’m thinking about it one thing about the movie really got to me. When vernita and nikki are doing thier first dialogue, Vivica’s whole “don’t come in here beacuse there is glass…” For some reason that part seems so incredibly phony that i think about through the next couple minutes of the movie. They could of found a better way to say the sam e thing like, “hey dumbfuck, don’t wakl in here with all this glass laying around. I should kick your little scrawny ass because of scruffy’s crazy ass.” Or something to that effect.

[quote]Now that I’m thinking about it one thing about the movie really got to me. When vernita and nikki are doing thier first  dialogue, Vivica’s whole “don’t come in here beacuse there is glass…” For some reason that part seems so incredibly phony that i think about through the next couple minutes of the movie. They could of found a better way to say the sam e thing like, “hey dumbfuck, don’t wakl  in here with all this glass laying around. I should kick your little scrawny ass because of scruffy’s crazy ass.” Or something to that effect.[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Dont be a jackass.

should i have started the the line with dripping with sarcasm? guess so. The dialogue was fucked up though.

[quote]When Hanzo goes to write bills name you can tell something has been going on with that pane of glass.  There is a clearly visable square in the dust[/quote]
i assumed it took multiple takes