But it is not the "4th film" by QT!

I am sure anyone would come up with this question. Please forgive me but I want to know the answer:

Counting 4 rooms and another unshown movie in, Isn’t Kill Bill the 6th film by QT?

???

well u could count MY BEST FRIEND’S B-DAY as a film

FOUR ROOMS was a short film within a film

[quote]well u could count MY BEST FRIEND’S B-DAY as a film

FOUR ROOMS was a short film within a film[/quote]

“A short film within a film” is still a “film”, right?

The tagline refers to the films written and directed from start to finish by him. If we have to play the smart asses, then we should add the 1/4 part of “Four Rooms” and the half unfinished “My best friend’s birthday”. So i guess 4 + 1/4 + 1/2 = “The 4th and 3/4 film by Quentin Tarantino”.

1. reservoir dogs: Written and directed by QT

2. pulp fiction: written and directed by QT

3. jackie brown: written for the screen and directed by QT

4. Kill Bill: written and directed for QT

Dusk is not directed by him, four rooms only in parts, my best friends birthday is not a completed movie and wasn’t made by him alone, true romance only written…

it’s the fourth film. basta.

I’m not going to dignify that with comment.

Side note. You said Jackie Brown “written for the screen” as opposed to just written.

Im curious if there is a reason for that.

^ It’s based on the book “Rum Punch” by Elmore Leonard" so he just turned it into a script, hence “Written for the Screen”

What’s strange is (but this may not be such a coincidence), I love when someone is in control of everything they are working on. Like there aren’t any outside forces limiting the creativity. Or that something can be completely and totally someone else’s own. I love this whole “Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino” thing. I get kicks out of seeing that written on screen. I love the fact that QT has a say in all aspects of his film, definitely what we see on screen anyway. It’s true that QT’s films are 100% his own. When I watch his films, it’s like I’m watching everything QT has touched. I have a strong fascination with and closeness to it. I’m all about aesthetics, especially when it comes to music and film. And it’s so satisfying to know that QT is allowed virtually limitless freedom when it comes to the art form he was destined to be a part of. I mean not even Scorsese has that!

Btw, I do consider Kill Bill to be his 4th film. Four Rooms was just a segment, that can’t possibly be considered a feature length film, it was an anthology film. With regards to My Best Friend’s Birthday, it annoys the shit out of me when people call this his first film. That was like the next step up from Home Video. It wasn’t even finished or released. There was no ending and didn’t some of it get burned? As earlier, I get kicks out of this whole “Xth film by QT” thing. I love saying and thinking it. Death Proof - the 5th film by Quentin Tarantino. Love it. ;D

Inglorious Bastards - the 6th film by Quentin Tarantino! waits

[quote=“Ify”]
What’s strange is (but this may not be such a coincidence), I love when someone is in control of everything they are working on. Like there aren’t any outside forces limiting the creativity. Or that something can be completely and totally someone else’s own. I love this whole “Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino” thing. I get kicks out of seeing that written on screen. I love the fact that QT has a say in all aspects of his film, definitely what we see on screen anyway. It’s true that QT’s films are 100% his own. When I watch his films, it’s like I’m watching everything QT has touched. I have a strong fascination with and closeness to it. I’m all about aesthetics, especially when it comes to music and film. And it’s so satisfying to know that QT is allowed virtually limitless freedom when it comes to the art form he was destined to be a part of. I mean not even Scorsese has that!

[/quote]#

Haha, I talked about this recently in the “Video ticker” thread. Can’t even remember when I wrote this. At least you can’t blame me for inconsistency, lol.

[quote=“Scarface”]
The tagline refers to the films written and directed from start to finish by him. If we have to play the smart asses, then we should add the 1/4 part of “Four Rooms” and the half unfinished “My best friend’s birthday”. So i guess 4 + 1/4 + 1/2 = “The 4th and 3/4 film by Quentin Tarantino”.
[/quote]

;D

Ah, Scar, I miss you… :’(