Nifty Little Shit You Noticed

This thread is devoted to the cool little details in Kill Bill. I’ve only seen it once. Probably the coolest thing I noticed is when we see that overhead shot of everyone in HOBL either dead or rolling around in agony but there’s one guy running around clutching his face. That’s a nice bit of continuity that Tarantino remembered about the guy who got his eye torn out.

Also, the red apple sign, that was great. One of my favorite shots is when the plane is flying over Tokyo. That was fucking beautiful. Also, the anime shot with O-ren standing on top of that building. Wow. What a great film.

Yeah, the sniper shot of O-ren is one of my favs.

I love the offstage sound of breaking glass when Uma asks for Hattori Hanzo.

i posted this already but

when the school bus stops there is some commotion on the bus cause the kids can see whats written on the back of the truck, i even heard “hey you see what that says”

[quote]i posted this already but

when the school bus stops there is some commotion on the bus cause the kids can see whats written on the back of the truck, i even heard “hey you see what that says”[/quote]

Holy shit! Didnt notice that! Looks like I’m headin’ back to the movies this afternoon!

This really isn’t a major thing, but does anyone else trip out how Hanzo (In Sushi-Chef mode) flawlessly throws that knife

back on the rack? It’s like “How the funk did he do that?”

I am always fixed into 3 things.

1. In Vernita’s kitchen there is a sweet little painting that looks like blood splatter. It is on the other side of the doorway that the bullet gets lodged in(if I remember correctly).

2. When O-ren kills the head boss, the blood pattern that gets sprayed onto the wall is in her silhouette. sweet shit.

3. When sofia is rolling down the hill, I can’t really tell if she doesn’t have the other hand or the whole arm. it looks like the arm is there but it only looks that way when she finally stops.

Totally, both times I saw it, I got freaked out by him slapping the knife on the wall. It’s one of the only sequences that doesn’t have any violence in it. You keep expecting something to happen. So when he throws the knife so quickly, it made me flinch.

I also love the “Whim per” in the anime sequence.

Its pretty easy to throw a knife onto those racks cos their magnetised and they stick pretty well. We have one at the place i work at. Not to take any coolness away from SONNY FUCKEN CHIBA! The man kicks ass!

Doesn’t the Red Apples sign show a pic of the same actress that plays Sofie Fatale? (Julie Dreyfus) If it isn’t, it is an uncanny resemblance.

Great movie…I’m going again Sunday night after football.

Anyway, speaking of details in the movie, here’s what I liked:

-the few frames of red dots, like film pops or whatnot, but they seemed old school - 70’s style…I’m going off memory here but they’re like 2 rows of 3 dots…a lot of people think I’m seeing things…am I?

-the off camera moans of the blood bath when Uma is confronting cotton mouth.

-the airplane shit is simply amazing…surreal.

-the split screen and how it resolves itself by the sliding door.

This is a movie where you know you’re watching a classic.

I plan on getting really stoned before the 10:15 showing…Can’t wait!

During the sushi bar scene, when Hanzo and his “general” are going back and forth Uma sorta breaks out with a laugh but hides it well. Very good since technically speaking the Bride can understand what they are saying but hides it.

ON the flight in, one of the signs is advertising what looks like a spray can of something. It is named Go. And in the advert there is another go, such as if the person was saying it. Hence Go Go.

Of course Kill Bill has the easiest Joke ever. On The Brides…i guess heart rate monitor…guess what it is. Yep 69

[quote]ON the flight in, one of the signs is advertising what looks like a spray can of something.  It is named Go.  And in the advert there is another go, such as if the person was saying it.  Hence Go Go. [/quote]

I think thats an advertisement for “Go Juice”, another one of QTs fictional consumer brands.

The exterior side shot of the plane - the plane looked so fake with the way it looked and moved. The whole thing was just cheesy, but great considering its the original intention.

Something everyone noticed (cos it was in our face) but too cool i thought id mention it anyway - the little water flow contraption in the oren fight that kinda adds to the tension of the whole scene.

Did anyone notice the other Samurai sword on the plane? Pretty cool, its as if Japan is full of samurai :slight_smile:

The reason for the sword holders is because as Quentin says himself, this is a “movie’s movie.” Thats why the sherrif’s son is named “Son#1.” People think the string on top of the plane is a movie mistake but its actually done on purpose.

Bill’s gun, when you actually got to see some of it. Pretty sure that was part of Tarantino’s homage to Spaghetti Westerns, seeing as how Bill was using a abso-fuckin-loutely beautiful nickl plated, fully engraved 4 3/4" barrled Colt SAA, presumably in .45 Long Colt. I just loved the fact that Bill, one of the greatest assasins of modern time would have and carry that nostalgic piece of hardware.

Yeah Sofie Fatale is on several ads in tokyo.

I also loved how everyone on the plane and airport had his own samurai sword.

I also loved how the name tag on Buck’s suit actually said “Buck” and not his real name.

[quote]Of course Kill Bill has the easiest Joke ever.  On The Brides…i guess heart rate monitor…guess what it is.  Yep 69 [/quote]

At which part is this? Is it just before Elle Driver comes in? I never even paid attention to the heart rate monitor before, but I’ll check it out next time I see KB.

[quote] I also loved how the name tag on Buck’s suit actually said “Buck” and not his real name.

[/quote]

So whats Buck’s real name? I dont get it.

As Usurper mentioned, I also really got a kick out of the little water well thing and how it clicked, it made me laugh for some reason. QT just has so many cool little extra effects in his movies like that. They make it even more special.

Also when The Brides walking through the airport you can see other people carrying samurai swords.

[quote]

I think thats an advertisement for “Go Juice”, another one of QTs fictional consumer brands.
[/quote]

Certainly possible…it was next to a Red Apple ad. Although the way the ad looked both Go’s were kinda next to each other…as if it were made that way

The heart rate thing? I think it was 69 the whole time. The clearest shot of it i believe is when El Driver is saying "You dont owe her shit"

Also something else i notice taht i found interesting. Sofie Fatale doesnt wear Japanese clothes, rather Chinese. I suppose she in some ways reflects that trait of O-ren’s

That scene in HOBL when everyone’s dancing to Woo Hoo is great yet kinda weird. The funniest part was one of the guy’s facial expression. You only see him for a second or two but if you saw him, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It brought the scene from great to excellent.

I’ve only seen the film once, I gotta go again soon.

Hmm yeah, what IS buck’s real name? ???

My favorite “small” detail is also the water thingy in the o-ren vs the bride scene…