Budd, the good guy!

Does anyone else think that Budd is a good guy? I think he is. There’s no real evidence that he’s still bad. There is however a lot of evidence that he’s good.

1. “That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die.”

2. When his boss is yelling at him, I thought Budd was going to kill him but he doesn’t.

3. He shoots the Bride with rock salt so that she doesn’t die.

4. He buries the Bride with a flashlight and in a cheap wooden box. He knows that she was trained by Pai Mei and knows that there is a chance she could escape.

5. He tries to get rid of the Bride’s sword so that she stops killing.

6. He gave up the life of a millionaire assassin.

Here are some other interesting facts:

7. The Bride isn’t the one who kills him. The real “bad guy,” Elle Driver, kills him.
  8. He is the only one out of everyone who actually beats her and has the perfect opportunity to kill her. Sort of like that saying, "good triumphs over evil."

I just think that the evil things that he does do to the Bride is really just Budd defending himself. He really is a good guy.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

"2) He is the only one out of everyone who actually beats her and has the perfect opportunity to kill her. Sort of like that saying, "good triumphs over evil."

That’s quite interesting actually, i never saw it like that before! I actually did feel sorry for Budd as i thought he was a good guy! Maybe he was like Jules in that they both wanted to stop their current lifestyle and do other things! Budd may have turned good after maybe realising what he did or was doing was wrong and punished himself by living a ‘shitty’ life thereafter! He probably didn’t want to kill Beatrix but felt he had to because of what she did to his brother!

He is as bad as the others.

Haven´t you seen how happy he looked when he talk to the Bride after shooting her with the rocksalt. He loved her pain.

And this troch thing. IMO he lover the idea how the Bride would fight for her life under the earth.

If he really thought, that the Bride could escape, he would wait at the grave as long as it takes that she has not enough air to breath.

By the way, in an interview Davidn Carradine talked about the idae that Budd left cuz he was angry, that Bill takes him the Elle…

Maybe he has something aganst blonde chicks… = just kidding.

[quote]He is as bad as the others.

Haven´t you seen how happy he looked when he talk to the Bride after shooting her with the rocksalt. He loved her pain.

And this troch thing. IMO he lover the idea how the Bride would fight for her life under the earth.

If he really thought, that the Bride could escape, he would wait at the grave as long as it takes that she has not enough air to breath.
[/quote]
Yeah, but actions speak louder than words. Especially in pure cinema.

And doesn’t the fact that he doesn’t wait at the grave prove that he’s a good guy and wants her to escape?

If he really wanted her alive, he would gave her a ticket to a ranch… :wink:

Maybe he liked to play with this feeling, that she might escape. But not cuz he is good guy, maybe cuz he such a masochistic guy…

I never have heard about a good guy, who beat the shit out of a pregnant bride and shoot her with rocksalt and buried her alive.

He didn’t get rid of her sword so she’d stop “killing.”  He got rid of her sword purely for the money.  Also look at who he was selling the sword to: Elle Driver, who was probably the worst out of the bunch.

The first quote you mentioned, “that women deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die.”  Did you forget the last part? I believe the exact words were,  "But then again, so does she, so we’ll just see, won’t we?"

He didn’t shoot her with rocksalt so that she wouldn’t die, he shot her with rocksalt so that she’d be in excruciating pain, before he gave her a treacherous death.  He also wanted to confirm with Elle Driver that she wanted her dead before she bought the sword off of him.

There is no indictation however, that Budd was trained by Pai Mei, maybe he didn’t know what she was/wasn’t capable of.  The only people that we know for sure that was trained by Pai Mei are:  The Bride, Bill and Elle Driver (sort’ve).

[quote]If he really wanted her alive, he would gave her a ticket to a ranch…  :wink:

Maybe he liked to play with this feeling, that she might escape. But not cuz he is good guy, maybe cuz he such a masochistic guy…

I never have heard about a good guy, who beat the shit out of a pregnant bride and shoot her with rocksalt and buried her alive.
[/quote]

The whole point is to keep her from killing him. Budd is stunning her as a defense. I don’t think he wants to kill her. I also don’t think he beat her up when she was pregnant. We never see that. I think he might have just killed the wedding guests. I still think that the rock salt was to keep her alive.

And do you think giving the Bride a flashlight was the act of a bad guy? Wouldn’t it much more sadistic to leave her in the dark?

I feel Budd was the most remorseful Viper, but he’s no good guy, there are no real good guys in Kill Bill accept for B.B and Nikki, Earl Magrawe and Son #1

I believe Budd felt guilty for killing the innocent people in the two pines wedding Chapel and this may have led to his falling out with BIll.

But it’s clear he hates Beatrix for what she did to Bill.

"That Woman, deserves her revenge,and we deserve to die, But then again so does she!"

Also did Budd and Ernie rape Beatrix?

As he says something along the lines of:

Budd: "Is that the finest blonde pussy you ever saw, or is that the finest pussy you ever saw?:“

Ernie: I’ve seen better

He obvious can’t stand Bea

"I wanna bury ya” He just wants to put her into the ground and forget she ever existed.

"This is for breaking my brother’s heart!"

What do you think?

[quote]He didn’t get rid of her sword so she’d stop “killing.”  He got rid of her sword purely for the money.  Also look at who he was selling the sword to: Elle Driver, who was probably the worst out of the bunch.[/quote]
I admit that my explanation for this is a bit superficial. I’m still contemplating this but I’m still sure there had to be some kind of good motive for selling the sword to Elle. Maybe he wanted to set up a legit life up for himself and that’s why he wanted the money. It looks like he’s trying as hard as he can to go legit.

[quote]The first quote you mentioned, “that women deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die.”  Did you forget the last part? I believe the exact words were,  “But then again, so does she, so we’ll just see, won’t we?”[/quote]
But he admits that he deserves to die. He also doesn’t ask for mercy like Vernita did. Before this, he says that he “doesn’t dodge guilt.”

[quote]He didn’t shoot her with rocksalt so that she wouldn’t die, he shot her with rocksalt so that she’d be in excruciating pain, before he gave her a treacherous death.  He also wanted to confirm with Elle Driver that she wanted her dead before she bought the sword off of him.[/quote]
If he wanted her in excruciating pain, why did he stick the syringe in her arm?

[quote]There is no indictation however, that Budd was trained by Pai Mei, maybe he didn’t know what she was/wasn’t capable of.  The only people that we know for sure that was trained by Pai Mei are:  The Bride, Bill and Elle Driver (sort’ve).

[/quote]
Budd and Bill are brothers. Bill calls them “the boys.” They must have had a close relationship. Bill was raised by Hattori Hanzo, Pai Mei, and that guy Esteban I think his name was. Don’t you think that maybe Budd was raised alongside him? Or at least was maybe taught by Bill. Or Bill might have even told him stories about Pai Mei like he was telling Beatrix about him.

[quote]I feel Budd was the most remorseful Viper, but he’s no good guy, there are no real good guys in Kill Bill accept for B.B and Nikki, Earl Magrawe and Son #1[/quote]That’s what I’m talking about. He’s the good one of the Vipers.

[quote]I believe Budd felt guilty for killing the innocent people in the two pines wedding Chapel and this may have led to his falling out with BIll.[/quote]
This is another point that he’s a good guy.

[quote]Also did Budd and  Ernie rape Beatrix?

As he says something along the lines of:

Budd: "Is that the finest blonde pussy you ever saw, or is that the finest pussy you ever saw?:"

Ernie: I’ve seen better[/quote]
I think he’s referring to Bea as the blonde pussy. Like in Vol. 1 when Bea said she could see the cunts who did that to her and the dicks responsible.

[quote]
That’s what I’m talking about. He’s the good one of the Vipers.

This is another point that he’s a good guy.

I think he’s referring to Bea as the blonde pussy. Like in Vol. 1 when Bea said she could see the cunts who did that to her and the dicks responsible.[/quote]

Yeah, he's definitely the most human of the Vipers
Oren had hang ups from childhood, but was a coward when it came to facing Bea by setting all her 88's on her

Vernita was just grovelling to try and get out of fighting and was a coward for try to shoot Bea

Elle tried to kill Bea in her sleep and is just pure evil

Bill is heartbroken and a bit insane and obsessed with Bea to the point of killing her.

But Budd, though once a killer, swears an oath to jesus never to kill again (at least that's what it said in the script)
So we can see the good in him,
He also appears to have some hang ups and turns to the drink and living alone in the middle of nowhere.

though he hates Bea and Elle, and was fool for trusting Elle with the case ful of money.

Another thing, I wonder if BIll still thought Bea killed his Brother with the Mamba as Elle told him?

[quote]I also don’t think [Budd] beat her up when she was pregnant. We never see that.[/quote]
Yes we do. He punches her in the anime rendition of the wedding massacre.

[quote]
Yes we do. He punches her in the anime rendition of the wedding massacre.[/quote]
That’s right, I forgot about the anime.

[quote]I feel Budd was the most remorseful Viper, but he’s no good guy, there are no real good guys in Kill Bill accept for B.B and Nikki, Earl Magrawe and Son #1[/quote]

what about rufus, the groom, the friends, the reverend and his wife, huh? dr. bell, the bride’s hospital roomate, “charlie brown,” charlie brown’s wife, hanzo hattori, the bald guy, the customers in the house of blue leaves, the guy go-go stabbed, and spanish people, the airport lady, the japanese hospital guys that helped sofie, oren’s parents, AND B.B.'S MOTHERFUCKING FISH?! that fish never did anything to anyone, and what happens to it, it gets stomped on! b.b. is no “good guy!”

;D ;D ;D

[quote]

what about rufus, the groom, the friends, the reverend and his wife, huh? dr. bell, the bride’s hospital roomate, “charlie brown,” charlie brown’s wife, hanzo hattori, the bald guy, the customers in the house of blue leaves, the guy go-go stabbed, and spanish people, the airport lady, the japanese hospital guys that helped sofie, oren’s parents, AND B.B.'S MOTHERFUCKING FISH?! that fish never did anything to anyone, and what happens to it, it gets stomped on! b.b. is no “good guy!”

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Alright Smart Ass 8) and B.B’s Fish is called Emileo

and in reply to Budd punching Bea in the Anime that’s true and like i said earlier he hates Beatrix so he’s not gonna care if she’s pregnant and everyone thought it was Tommy’s baby anyway.

actually it’s emilio, i wrote fish because “b.b’s motherfucking emilio,” didn’t sound too good inside my head. ;D

No offence FilmGuy but you sound like you’ve never seen the movie or have just read a draft script off the net.

First of all we do see Budd participating in beating the snot out of Bea (Oren’s animae sequence…)

Plus, the needle went in her ass, not her arm.

And if this guy’s so good then why the hell would he bury someone alive!? I’ve never heard a model student/citizen of the year burying someone alive out of good will.

The sword was thrown to disarm Bea and later to be sold to Elle (as we all know)

The rocksalt was NOT a show of mercy for her life. Again, have you ever seen a good guy do that to the hero???

I think you need to watch this movie again.

[quote]No offence FilmGuy but you sound like you’ve never seen the movie or have just read a draft script off the net.

First of all we do see Budd participating in beating the snot out of Bea (Oren’s animae sequence…)

And if this guy’s so good then why the hell would he bury someone alive!? I’ve never heard a model student/citizen of the year burying someone alive out of good will.

The sword was thrown to disarm Bea and later to be sold to Elle (as we all know)

The rocksalt was NOT a show of mercy for her life. Again, have you ever seen a good guy do that to the hero???

I think you need to watch this movie again.[/quote]

Finally a person who sees it like me!
O mean have you seen the smile in his face after shooting the Bride with rocksalt?

Budd is no good guy and if someone thinks he is, I ask:
Would you like to meet Budd on a parking place, when you have 50.000 $ in your bag and he knows it?

[quote]No offence FilmGuy but you sound like you’ve never seen the movie or have just read a draft script off the net.

I think you need to watch this movie again.[/quote]

I have seen the film and was referring to the script because in the script it says he mercifully stuck the syringe in her. I don’t have a copy of the film right next to me, but I do remember the syringe and I thought that was a sign of mercy and the script is backing me up. In the whole film, Budd is the only Viper who is in a position to kill her but doesn’t. In fact he helps her!

He buried her alive, but if he really wanted her to suffer, he would have shot the mace in her eyes. Again, don’t you think giving her a flashlight was a “good” act.

I’m not saying that he didn’t do some bad shit to her. But he shows mercy and every bad act is really just Budd dodging murder or being murdered.

I think the rock salt WAS a show of mercy for her life. HE DOES NOT WANT TO KILL HER!!! SIMPLE AS THAT!

I think he just wants a legit life and regrets what he did to her. He knows he was a bad person and that he deserves to die, but he does have the right to defend himself.

[quote]
Finally a person who sees it like me!

O mean have you seen the smile in his face after shooting the Bride with rocksalt?

Budd is no good guy and if someone thinks he is, I ask:

Would you like to meet Budd on a parking place, when you have 50.000 $ in your bag and he knows it?[/quote]
Yes I would. Don’t you think that Budd can just kill his boss and steal his money? He doesn’t even blink an eye of defiance when his boss is yelling at him. And don’t you also think that Budd could have stayed an assassin and been a millionaire? Instead he chooses a legitimate job.

He doesn’t want anything to do with his old life.