List all the chapters in chronological order

Lol, so once upon a time I was bored, and tried to list all the chapters in both moves in chronological order. I think I got it, but it took me a while. It’s harder than it looks.

Earliest to most Present:

Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren

Chapter 8: The cruel tutelage of Pai Mei.

Chapter 6: Massacre at Two Pines.

Chapter 2: The Blood-Splattered Bride

Chapter 4: The Man from Okinawa

Chapter 5: Show Down at House of Blue Leaves

Chapter 1: Two

Chapter 7: The Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz

Chapter 9: Elle and I

Chapter 10: Face to Face

Correct me if I’m wrong.

My order would be:

Chapter 6: The massacre at Two Pines

Followed by the Volume 1 start and opening credits

Chapter 2: The Bloodsplattered Bride

Chapter 3: Origin of Oren

Chapter 5: Showdown in the House of the Blue Leaves

Chapter 1: 2

Chapter 7: Lonely Grave of Paula Shultz

Chapter 8: The Cruel Tutulage of Pai Mei

Final Chapter: Face to Face

End Credits and include Zamphir the Lonely Sheperd

How would the Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei be after all of those other chapters… That took place before all of that stuff happened.

Deliveryman’s order is the right one at least by my account of the whole story…

I’ve heard it argued that because the Bride was telling the story from the back of Buck’s truck, that the Origin of Oren was after the Blood-Spattered Bride.  The same argument could be made for Tutelage, because she breaks out of the coffin, and that is later in the story.  This is probably where Deadly_Viper is coming from.

However, that is all crap. Deliveryman is right.

yeha, the origin of O-Ren wouldn’t be first because the Bride is narrating that scene.

Same thing with Pai Mei chapter, its in that spot because its vital to what happens with Uma in the coffin. That whole coffin scene builds up and we’re left thinking, “What is she gonna do?!” Then we go to PAi Mei and we’re like, “Whoa, whats this?” and then we go back to The Bride busting out. If we never cut to the Pai Mei scene the buried alive sequence would’nt be as exciting and full of suspense, plus that scene is almost like a flashback.

It doesn’t matter if she’s narrating those chapters or not. Chronologically, those chapters took place before any of the others.

yeah, but that’d be like putting Pulp Fiction in order…you’d put Butch’s flashback dream first. Thats stupid.

If Tarantino didn’t mix the movie up I can guarantee the O-Ren and Pai Mei chapters would be EXACTLY where they are now.

PLus the O-Ren chapter shades on the Massacre, are you telling me that if the movie was in what YOU call chronological order, that right after the Two Pines massacre sequence we’d see the Anime part where the Vipers are beating up The Bride?

According to you thats how it’d go, but it doesn’t WORK LIKE THAT CAUSE there’s a narration and that’s not how the story is told.

No, you wouldn’t put “The Gold Watch” first in Pulp Fiction, because he’s having a flash back in THAT chapter.

When she’s narrating what happened to O-Ren, it’s a seperate chapter on it’s own, otherwise “The Origin of O-Ren” would’ve been included in chapter 2, “The Blood Splattered Bride.”

Arguably, “The Gold Watch” chapter starts after the flashback scene in Pulp Fiction.

Anyway, K-FMF, the point of this thread isn’t to put the scenes in the order that would work best on film (Tarantino already did that). The point is to figure out which scene goes where in the “Kill Bill timeline”. Because some people might be interested in that.

I agree with deliveryman, that even though the stories are told through the bride, they still happened before the other chapters.

Although, I think that QT’s sequence was perfect.

delivery man is correct people

Deliveryman is quite correct. Though there are a few flashback scenes, which are not credited as chapters in their own right, which could also be re-ordered into chronological order too. Something like this…

Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren

Chapter 8: The cruel tutelage of Pai Mei.

The Lisa Wong Hit (Bea discovers she’s pregnant)

Chapter 6: Massacre at Two Pines.

Chapter 2: The Blood-Splattered Bride (part 1: comotose)

Queen of the Crime Council (O-Ren seizes power)

Chapter 2: The Blood-Splattered Bride (part 2: Bea wakes up)

Chapter 5: Show Down at House of Blue Leaves

Bill visits Budd at his Camper

Chapter 1: Two

Chapter 7: The Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz

Chapter 10: Face to Face

If the movie played chronologically it would play like this

CHAPTER 1

Massacre At Two Pines

CHAPTER 2

The Blood Splattered Bride

CHAPTER 3

The Origin of O-Ren

CHAPTER 4

The Man From Okinawa

CHAPTER 5

Showdown at House of Blue Leaves

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 7

THE LONELY GRAVE OF PAULA SHULTZ

CHAPTER 8

The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei

CHAPTER 9

Elle and I

FINAL CHAPTER

Face to Face

The Origin of O-Ren and The Cruel Tutelage are flashaback scenes.

Empire magazine put it in order and explained it for the slow people to better understand.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/feat … /killbill/”>http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/special/killbill/</LINK_TEXT>

Click on the right hand side “The Story Unravelled”