If you like Kill Bill

You’ll love

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Your turn

EDIT: changed topic name

Hung Fist

what is this 36th chamber of shaolin you speak of?

the 36th chamber of shoalin is an old kung foo movie tarantino rates as one of the top 5 of all time.

it’s an awesome Shaw Brothers Kung Fu movie and this topic is off-topic

hence moved

One of my favorite Shaw Bros. movies. I always love it to do double features with my two favorites “The 36th Chamber of Shaolin” and “Executioners from Shaolin” :slight_smile: .

[quote]You’ll love

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Your turn[/quote]

drunken master

iron monkey

hero

street fighter

hero - kill bill…

umm i really cant compare them, hero isn’t all that violent… I mean I love hero, but it’s not much like kill bill aside from use of swords…

[quote]hero - kill bill…

umm i really cant compare them, hero isn’t all that violent… I mean I love hero, but it’s not much like kill bill aside from use of swords…[/quote]

Right.

Anyways, look in some sections of the Kill Bill forum to see all the recommendations and homages that are in the film. I found more then I expected.

More the reason to love this film! :slight_smile:

If looking for 36th Chamber of Shaolin, it’s also called Shaolin Master Killer.

that probly isnt the same movie cuz there are a bunch of sholin movies out there. i dont know if any of you lisen to wu-tang ever but they always talk about it in the songs the know a hella lot about kung fu movies apearntly QT and the RZA talk about king fu movies alot.

well if you like Kill Bill that means that you like the Lone wolf and cub series

why? because they’re are alot of things in there that you see again in kill bill

Gogo’s weapon was in LWaC Part 1.

[quote]that probly isnt the same movie cuz there are a bunch of sholin movies out there. i dont know if any of you lisen to wu-tang ever but they always talk about it in the songs the know a hella lot about kung fu movies apearntly QT and the RZA talk about king fu movies alot.[/quote]

It is the same movie, Shaolin Master Killer is the dubbed version of 36th Chamber and is the title you’re most likely to find it under in the US.

Go Go’s weapon is supposed to be like the Master of the Flying Guillotine’s flying guillotine.

[quote]

Go Go’s weapon is supposed to be like the Master of the Flying Guillotine’s flying guillotine.

[/quote]

The flying ball used in Crippled Avengers more closely resembles Go Go’s weapon.

apart from Tomb Raider & Lady snowblood anyone know films that id love if u love kill Bill, beacuse of the women kicking ass theme?

[quote]apart from Tomb Raider & Lady snowblood anyone know films that id love if u love kill Bill, beacuse of the women kicking ass theme? [/quote]

Go see Female Convict Scorpion, Sister Streetfighter, and So Close

I am a old topic starting lame ass.

Anyway:

Rainy Dog

Deadly Outlaw Rekka

Izo

Fudoh

Versus

Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

The Searchers

La Femme Nikita

Le Samourai

more for later

[quote=“Mr.Blonde”]
La Femme Nikita
[/quote]

Yeah that was an awesome movie…but I think there was also some lame American version of it, which just didnt work :-</E>

Lets not forget:

The Killer

This Gun for Hire

Wild Bunch

Pat Garret and Billy the Kid

Godfather movies

Seven Samurai

Kagemusha

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Thriller a cruel picture

Found this topic from asian movie section (under the title “36th Chamber of Shaolin”). I changed the title and moved it here.

Dollars-trilogy

Once Upon a Time in the West

And Hero, also. Not maybe the looks of the film, but the storyline, about love and death, can totally be kept as a connecting link.