Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Premiere!

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair to premiere in LA on March 27th (a certain directors birthday) :o :smiley: ;D

<LINK_TEXT text=“News - Anime News Network … s-march-27”>Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Premieres March 27 (Updated) - News - Anime News Network</LINK_TEXT>

<LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … m-prepped/”>Tarantino's 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair' Plays LA In March; Director's Next Film Being Prepped</LINK_TEXT>

Also reports of a new QT film being prepped!!

Another interesting note is that Lionsgate is said to now own many of Miramax’s older titles, so hopefully Kill Bill is in there. That could mean the DVD will be released soon as well as streaming for Instant Netflix etc.

i don’t really care, i just want it on Blu Ray already. good for those who live in LA or near it, i guess.

cant wait to hear what movie QT has in store next. ;D

You lucky bastards. I wan’t to see Kill Bill on a big screen too.

Just bought both Kill Bill volumes on Blu-ray, had them on DVD earlier. If The Whole Bloody Affair is coming soon to Blu-ray I just HAVE TO buy it. Can’t help myself.

But yeah, cool news!

Great news for LA. Just get it on Blu-Ray so we ALL can enjoy it. That’s what I’m waiting for.

L.A. PEOPLE! Ordell is coming! I know it’s pretty much the same movie as the one sitting on my DVD shelf but I can’t resist myself. I get to see The Whole Bloody Affair on the big screen!

SO EXCITED!

So who got tickets?

[quote=“Sebastian”]So who got tickets?[/quote]

Right here Seb, right here, got a ticket!

Hello,

Long time lurker… I just wanted to ask anyone who is lucky enough to attend this thing to share the details with us. It sounds like it’s just the Cannes cut. But even with that I have some questions.

Specifically, is the extended intro to the Esteban scene in Vol. 2 present?

Also, what music do they use for the intermission? Any other details would be greatly appreciated.

HOLY SHIT!

Just back from LA last night and the Kill Bill screening on the 29th. Amazing. There was a shit load of awesome trailers (Shogun Assassin, Coffy…) and seeing it with an audience was a surprisingly hilarious experience.

This IS Kill Bill, it changed my entire view of the movie and it’s place in his filmography. Truly amazing.

Awesome. :smiley: Is there really an additional anime scene, or any scene NOT in the asian cuts of Vol.1 and Vol.2?

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Awesome. :smiley: Is there really an additional anime scene, or any scene NOT in the asian cuts of Vol.1 and Vol.2?[/quote]

Aside from the B+W fight scene in color and the odd bit of footage it’s exactly the same, especially Vol. 2. It was the Cannes Film Festival print, which I think was before the news that there was to be a new anime scene.

So it’s just the two asian cuts slapped together and slightly re-edited…OK.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]So it’s just the two asian cuts slapped together and slightly re-edited…OK.[/quote]

But it’s so much more! Seeing them like that opened my eyes!

I just watched this again the other day and it could quite possibly be the greatest movie over three hours ever made. If you’ve never seen it here’s what you have to do. Buy yourself a region free DVD player and the region 2 Japanese versions of both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. Basically Vol. 1 is disc 1 and Vol. 2 is disc 2.

Now watch Vol. 1 and stop the disc right after The Bride’s line “they’ll all soon be as dead as O- Ren” The screen goes black for a couple of seconds so stop the disc here. This is the intermission. Ok if you’re like me you actually take a break for about 10-15 minutes. When you’re ready insert disc 2 and start it on the second chapter of the disc.

Now watch the rest of the movie and afterward scrape your jaw off the ground because you just watched a stone cold, goose bump inducing classic.

[quote=“CM Putnam”]I just watched this again the other day and it could quite possibly be the greatest movie over three hours ever made.[/quote]

I love Kill Bill too (who doesn’t, eh?) but still think that Once Upon a Time in America is the greatest over three hours movie ever made. Even it is long you can still watch it not getting tired at all. Such a brilliant work, a true masterpiece.

Here is the latest on the Blue Ray release: Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair” to Hit Blu-Ray. No clear date yet.

[quote=“jonitapani”][quote=“CM Putnam”]I just watched this again the other day and it could quite possibly be the greatest movie over three hours ever made.[/quote]

I love Kill Bill too (who doesn’t, eh?) but still think that Once Upon a Time in America is the greatest over three hours movie ever made. Even it is long you can still watch it not getting tired at all. Such a brilliant work, a true masterpiece.[/quote]

I think we might have a winner…

Once Upon A Time In America is my favorite Leone film and is a serious contender for the greatest movie over three hours ever made. While I prefer Kill Bill either one belongs in the top 5