Kill Bill Movie reference (please contribute)

Everything about Kill Bill (both volumes). This section offers a large amount of discussion and resources. Also take a look at the child boards.
Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Re: Kill Bill Movie reference (please contribute)

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:28 pm

The end to Suddenly Last Summer where Liz Taylor is persuaded to remember the mysterious death of her cousin, Sebastian was very similar to that of Kill Bill Vol. 2 .

Liz is injected by a "truth serum" - well not exactly, but something like it, and she remembers the past events and that ends the big question mark of the movie. In Kill Bill that's how QT ended the film too - well before she cries in the restroom.

Might be a refrence..... ???
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Lt. BioBasterd wrote: The end to Suddenly Last Summer where Liz Taylor is persuaded to remember the mysterious death of her cousin, Sebastian was very similar to that of Kill Bill Vol. 2 .

Liz is injected by a "truth serum" - well not exactly, but something like it, and she remembers the past events and that ends the big question mark of the movie. In Kill Bill that's how QT ended the film too - well before she cries in the restroom.

Might be a refrence..... ???
Might be since Tarantino steals almost everywhere, ahah. Not seriously, plus he likes this movie. I should watch it again, it was a very good movie as I recall. Liz Taylor and Montgomery Clift are the best !

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

cyber-lili wrote: Might be since Tarantino steals almost everywhere, ahah. Not seriously, plus he likes this movie. I should watch it again, it was a very good movie as I recall. Liz Taylor and Montgomery Clift are the best !
How do you know he likes it?
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Wasn't it on his fav movie list ? Or I read it somewhere.

gigiriva
Cowardly Lion

Post by gigiriva » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi. The music of the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, when Bill is killed, is taken from 1983 Hong Kong movie 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.

Mr. Fox
Cowardly Lion

Hattori Hanzo

Post by Mr. Fox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place of improvements, but for the Kill Bill Reference Guide, Hattori Hanzo the swordmaker was the star of Kage No Gundan, a japanese TV show Tarantino watched as a kid O0

MR. FOX
FRASER WHIELDON
Greed is good. Sex is easy. Youth is forever!

Ify
Fucking Professional

Re: Hattori Hanzo

Post by Ify » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Mr. Fox wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place of improvements, but for the Kill Bill Reference Guide, Hattori Hanzo the swordmaker was the star of Kage No Gundan, a japanese TV show Tarantino watched as a kid O0

MR. FOX
FRASER WHIELDON
Hey I merged your topic with this one.

gigiriva
Cowardly Lion

Post by gigiriva » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 am

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm just watching Jackie Brown and I noticed that the way Jackie says "mm mmm" twice (as in the sound you make when you mean "no") when Ordell comes to visit her after he bails her out, is just like the way B.B does it in Kill Bill when Budd tells her to tell her mother what she said about her. ;D

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 am

Ify wrote:I'm just watching Jackie Brown and I noticed that the way Jackie says "mm mmm" twice (as in the sound you make when you mean "no") when Ordell comes to visit her after he bails her out, is just like the way B.B does it in Kill Bill when Budd tells her to tell her mother what she said about her. ;D
Nice one, I'm gonna go check that out.

alma wolfe
Cowardly Lion

Post by alma wolfe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 am

I am a big Quentin Tarantino fan and I have watched almost all of the movies he directed/created. One movie that left an impression was the Kill Bill Series. I think it's the only film where I appreciated some sword fights with different characters, with different techniques. Above all of this, I really like the ending with the deathstrike. That move is pretty awesome! Is it possible?

Alma Wolfe

monitium
Cowardly Lion

Post by monitium » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

Kill Bill Are there and rumbling of kill Bill volume three? Loved one and two.

Mark

crewman021
Cowardly Lion

Post by crewman021 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:43 am

If you remember in the movies Chang Cheh made over at Shaws Brothers, the screen always turned to b&w for the violent scenes. You can see this in Quentins favorite, Chang's The Five Deadly Venoms. So not unlike Chang Cheh for what he's done in his time for the Hong Kong censorship, QT's doing the same as both homage to Chang and in the mean time, poking fun at the rating board.

wiliamsmith4444
Cowardly Lion

Post by wiliamsmith4444 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

I mean, I would have bet the farm that the concept of the plot comes from "The Bride Wore Black" but QT said in an interview that he's never seen it. No criticism of any contribution, just something to think about.

federico1976
Cowardly Lion

Post by federico1976 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

A YouTube user has uploaded the extremely rare full version of "Messalina! Messalina!", a movie directed by Bruno Corbucci, sibling of Sergio Corbucci, starring Tomas Milian. This unconventional comedy was shot on the set of Tinto Brass' Caligula. Compared to the version released in 1977, the unrated version is 20 minutes longer.

In the final scene, the one censored in Italy, they enacted a very graphic massacre: in some moments it reminded me of "The Crazy 88 Battle" from "Kill Bill Vol.1" - just look at the moment when a man has his arm amputated (1:16:15), he moves his mutilation just like Sofie Fatal, or look at the people which slides on the blood (1:17:00). What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLPKLUhinb8