Evil Dead Ultimate Edition

Evil Dead Ultimate Edition in a three disc set!

Disc one:

THE EVIL DEAD - Widescreen Version

Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85

Audio:

Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English

Dolby Digital Surround EX - English

DTS 6.1 ES Surround - English

Additional Release Material:

Audio Commentary - Sam Raimi - Director; Robert Tapert - Producer

Featurette - ONE BY ONE WE WILL TAKE YOU: The Untold Saga of The EVIL

Disc Two:

THE EVIL DEAD - Full Frame Version

Audio:

Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Surround - English

Audio Commentary - Bruce Campbell - Star

Featurette - THE EVIL DEAD: TREASURES FROM THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR

Disc Three:

LADIES OF THE EVIL DEAD

Featurette -

1. LIFE AFTER DEATH: THE LADIES OF EVIL DEAD
  2. The Ladies of THE EVIL DEAD Meet Bruce Campbell
  3. Discovering The Evil Dead
  4. At The Drive In
  5. Make-Up Test
  6. Unconventional

Trailer

TV Spots

Text/Photo Galleries:

Poster & Memorabilia Gallery

Still Gallery

Looks like a great set but I see no “Within the woods” feature I keep hearing about :frowning: but it still looks friggin awesome

Comes out in December.

Isn’t there enough Evil Dead dvds out there already. And I bet BR and HD are just behind the corner.

Won’t be buying this. I’ve got the original Anchor Bay full screen edition (for the film)… and the Book of the Dead widescreen edition (for the extras) already.

I already have the Divimax version that cost me like $35 bucks, oh wait this is the first movie…it’s too much though.

Why did they put both widescreen and fullscreen in this edition? Who gives a shit about fullscreen? That’s a whole disc wasted right there, so much for the 3-disc edition.

Some movies play better on fullscreen, especially if someone has a small tv. think about it…

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Some movies play better on fullscreen, especially if someone has a small tv. think about it…
[/quote]

Then use the zoom button on your remote and you’ll have your fullscreen.

the aspect ratio would get all fucked up…think about it

Then your Grindhouse experience will reach new heights.

think about it…

I have the R2 Book of The Dead (rubber cover) version. It has most of the same great extras and commentaries so Im not gonna bother getting this one.

that’s evil dead II. I have it.

The Book of The Dead edition exists for both Evil dead 1 & 2.

I have the Evil Dead 1 Necronomicon, not the Evil Dead 2 book. I just have a reg DVD of II.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Who gives a shit about fullscreen?
[/quote]

Huh? Raimi may claim otherwise, but the widecreen version is terribly tight.

I dunno, I don’t fall for this kind of shit. Putting the same movie with a different format in the same dvd edition so that you can boast of a 3-disc set. Stupid. Either buy widescreen or fullscreen according to your preference. Owning both does not make sense.

No, it makes sense. Some people want to see the whole picture while others prefer the cropped widescreen presentation. So, if this new release was full screen only or widescreen only there would be less potential buyers.

They could of course make two separate releases with lower prices, but it would be a mess. It would be more expensive to produce I believe, and I don’t think many stores would like to carry two new editions of Evil Dead… I even wonder how they’re gonna get this one into stores when the stores are already full of Evil Dead dvds

Its funny people still choose to watch movies in Fullscreen. It really is like watching a diff movie.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Its funny people still want to watch movies in Fullscreen.
[/quote]

how so?

Cuz theyre missing out on the film the way its supposed to be viewed.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]

They could of course make two separate releases with lower prices, but it would be a mess.
[/quote]

They don’t have to. Some movies give you the option to choose between widescreen and fullscreen on the same disc.