Close Encounters of the Third Kind: 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Close Encounters of the Third Kind: 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition on 13th November 2007 priced at $39.95 SRP. Celebrating the 30th anniversary of Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi classic this set incorporates all three versions of the film, including the first-ever home video release of the 1977 Original Theatrical edition, as well as the re-edited 1980 theatrical Special Edition and Spielberg’s definitive Director’s Cut (released in 1998 as the Collector’s Edition). Bonus material on the 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition includes a never-before-seen interview with Spielberg created specifically for this release, a retrospective documentary and more.

A legendary film, Close Encounters of the Third Kind was nominated for eight Academy Awards. Richard Dreyfuss (Jaws) has the starring role of electrical lineman Roy Neary, as he sets out to investigate a mysterious power outage and experiences a life-changing “close encounter.â€

It’s my favorite Spielberg movie after Schindler’s List, I haven’t seen this since I was around 12 when I saw it on TV.