Best Version

If your wondering what the best dvd version out there is for a movie just ask here.

Which version of Brain Damage is better: The Special Edition or the Limited Special Edition and whats different about them?

One is limited and one is not?

i think there is a good site for that called dvdcompare.com or sth. like that.

i often import dvds or check ofdb.de (for german countries) for the best available version.

for example:

TRUE ROMANCE: every version is crap compared to the UK RC2 double disc version.

dvdcompare is pretty useless (okay, useful for specs but for specs only)

dvd-basen is much more usefull

I just search for the DVD on CDNow.com. :stuck_out_tongue:

This should be a good one…

What’s the best verision of the original Night of the Living Dead?

(I hope it’s the one I own)

I believe there’s a millennium edition out, no?

I own the Of the dead trilogy boxset. But I haven’t watch Night… In a long time so I really don’t know if it’s the best.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
One is limited and one is not?
[/quote]
No they both are oop

I’ve used dvd-basen before its useful at times. The dvd is pretty much the sazme on both dvds. Thanks for all the help guys.

Laydback:I’d like to know that as well cause i’ve been dying to buy it but to scared cause I wasnt sure. yeah im pretty sure its elite’s thats the best:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=3613

Blue Underground is releasing alot of movies that were previously on Anchor Bay, the question is which is better the BU or AB versions?

[quote=“me”]
Blue Underground is releasing alot of movies that were previously on Anchor Bay, the question is which is better the BU or AB versions?
[/quote]

Most BU releases of AB films are direct ports. In some cases both BU and AB have released different versions in which case BU is usually better… I think. Someone please confirm, my unlimited dvd knowledge is limited to asian stuff mostly, you see ;D

I’ve heard that a few of the Argento movies on Anchor Bay weren’t anamorphic. That’ll change once they arrive on BU.

The thing that really gets me mad is they are dubbed.

[quote=“me”]
The thing that really gets me mad is they are dubbed.
[/quote]

ALL Italian films from 60’s/70’s never used live sound so they were always gonna be dubbed anyway. But if it’s one of those movies that has an Italian-only cast and if they all spoke their lines in Italian, then yes, an Italian track with english subtitles is the way to go.