El Topo/Holy Mountain R1 announced!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"Boy have we got some great DVD news for you film geeks today! ABKCO Films and Anchor Bay Entertainment have just announced a pair of titles that we’ve been waiting for on DVD since Day One of this format… El Topo and The Holy Mountain! No kidding! Anchor Bay will release a special limited edition collector’s box set, The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky, on DVD on 5/1 (SRP $49.98). The set will contain El Topo, The Holy Mountain and Fando Y Lis on DVD, fully restored and remastered from new HD transfers in anamorphic widescreen video, with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 audio. The box set will also include 2 music CDs containing the soundtracks for El Topo and The Holy Mountain, as well as a DVD of Jodorowsky’s never-before-released first film, La Cravate. El Topo and The Holy Mountain will also be available separately (SRP $24.98 each). The El Topo DVD will contain audio commentary by the director, the original theatrical trailer (with English voice-over), a 2006 on-camera interview with the director as well as an exclusive new interview, a photo gallery and original script excerpts. The Holy Mountain DVD will include audio commentary with the director, deleted scenes with commentary, the original theatrical trailer (with English voice-over), the Tarot short with commentary, a restoration process short, restoration credits, a photo gallery and original script excerpts. Fando Y Lis will include audio commentary with the director and the La Constellation Jodorowsky documentary. Subtitles on the discs will be available in English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Awesome news indeed! To which Todd adds, “Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!” and faints dead away in shock. This is, you see, his long awaited Holy Grail of DVD.

Here’s a look at the preliminary cover art for the Jodorowsky box set and El Topo, along with 20th Century Fox’s A Good Year (2/27)…

Seen Topo & Fando y Lis. Still haven’t seen Holy Mountain yet. But I’m picking this sucker up day one!

aaaaaaahhhhh :angel:

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

There is a God

thanks LB

I posted news about this on Spaghetti forum didnt know it was gonna come out so damn soon.Thanks for the info.

Shweet! I gotta get this, 2007 is looking like it may be a good year for DVD’s and cinema.

I hate box sets with a passion but Im getting this. 5/1 is a long wait though :frowning:

They pushed the release date back again? Dammit.

What?are you kidding?

Well Laydback’s post said 2-27-07, and then you posted that It wasn’t to be released until 5-1-07.

Laydback said 5/1

[quote=“Laydback”]
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky, on DVD on 5/1 (SRP $49.98). The set will contain El Topo, The Holy Mountain and Fando Y Lis on DVD, fully restored and remastered from new HD transfers in anamorphic widescreen video, with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 audio.
[/quote]

They better not push it back!

Oh, your right. Sorry, I fucked up. :-</E>

[quote=“Spiros Vondas”]
Oh, your right. Sorry, I fucked up. :-</E>
[/quote]
Thats alright what would life be like if people didnt fuck up every now and then :wink:

Only another month(and three days) guys!!!

Just got done placing my order. DeepDiscount has it for $30. I expected it to be a lot more (Not complaining tho!)

30 bucks! do they take money orders?

Just cards, I believe

Review of the set. Those screencaps of Topo look incredible. As the reviewer pointed out, I only know this movie by way of foggy bootlegs. I expect to be blown away by this transfer.

Looks im gonna have to buy it from ebay :frowning:

I cant wait to see this though!

Still slowly making my way through this set. El Topo’s transfer is tremendous (Great surprise from what I was used to seeing) and it’s interesting to hear the original spanish audio track. What puzzles me though is the female gunfighter has a man’s voice! And Mara refers to her as “him”! Just when you think there’s enough “WTFs?” in Jodorowsky’s movies, you get to discover a new one. Maybe he’ll explain that on the audio commentary.

I still havent bought it

Alright, finally wrapped up the set. Wow. What an awesome collection. Never saw Holy Mountain before, but I loved the hell out of it. There’s such fabulous imagery in it and while some can complain about the cheater ending, I actually think it’s a perfect ending.

Jodorowsky also does a great job with the commentaries. Where as Lynch just lets you come to your own conclusions on trying to decipher the bizarre sequences, Jodorowsky candidly lets you know what he was going for. Believe me, there’s many times when you’ll go, “Oh, that’s what it’s supposed to mean!” For example, I mentioned in my previous post why the female gunfighter (In EL TOPO) has a man’s voice. It’s because she represents El Topo’s alter-ego, his feminine side. Jeez, what a mind this guy has.

[quote=“me”]
I posted news about this on Spaghetti forum didnt know it was gonna come out so damn soon.Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

it’s not a Spaghetti. just for the record. :angel: