Favorite DVD Commentary

I love DVD commentaries! I am a commentary whore. I buy some movie just for the commentary. I love a good director commentary. The best in my opinion are always the director and producer commentary.

My favorite commentary is the director/producer commentary from Waiting…

Clerks X had a real kick ass commentary, so did Boogie Nights.

Me Myself and Ireen was good too

Does Clerks X have a different commentary from the standard version of Clerks?

I may not have seen it now that I think about it… XD

I love the simpsons commentary’s and From Dusk till’ Dawn with RR/QT

I don’t know what it is about listening to Robert Rodriguez for 2 hours+ …but I just can’t do it…

zzzzzzz

But Qt is there too ^-^

Fight Club

From Dusk Till Dawn

Why’s Bruce Campbell’s Evil Dead commentary not mentioned yet???

Bey Logan is quite unbeatable when it comes to commentaries. I’m sure at least Laydback agress with me.

I rarely listen to commentaries. When I do, I’m like “Shut the fuck up, I’m trying to watch this fucking scene!”.

When I watched Ichi for the first time, I accidentally has the commentaries on, and they were talking about sperm. I was like “Wtf? Is this how the movie is supposed to be?”.

Only one I’ve watched a whole movie with is Fight Club. That was fucking great.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Why’s Bruce Campbell’s Evil Dead commentary not mentioned yet???
[/quote]

Because I didn’t enter the thread yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

But yup, Bruce’s solo commentary on the 1st Evil Dead is gold.

For awhile there, I thought solo Bey Logan commentaries were the only way to go (The one where Logan is joined by “The Boss” in Way of the Dragon was embarassing at times and I heard that the commentary for Once/China was a train wreck)

But when joined with Donnie Yen on Tai Seng’s Fist of Fury and Kung Fu Master, things get brighter. And the track with Roy Horan on Game of Death II was a joyful listen.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
Does Clerks X have a different commentary from the standard version of Clerks?
[/quote]

It’s got 2 commentaries. One from the original laserdisc that got carried over to the first DVD release (Which is a dud compared to other ViewAskew commentaries) and a new one for the original,extended print (We get to hear the guys eat hamburgers. Yay)

Other favorites:

I Spit On Your Grave,Samurai Cop,Hell’s Angels '69 (Joe Bob!)

El Mariachi

UHF

Hostel (Eli,Scott,QT,Boaz)

Cannibal! The Musical

And your movie knowledge often quadruples after listening to expert commentaries on oldies:

Citizen Kane (Roger Ebert)

The Petrified Forest

Seven Samurai

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Wizard of Oz

Casablanca

Rebel Without A Cause

The Wolf Man

Also, as boring as the voices sound, I love the commentaries on all the Leone films. They are so informative, you learn a lot.

[quote=“Laydback”]
I heard that the commentary for Once/China was a train wreck)
[/quote]

Well, the other guy (can’t remember his name, some british (?) actor from the movie) didn’t care about the movie at all. He couldn’t tell any backgroud info, he wasn’t the least bit interested, he hadn’t even seen the film.

There’s 30 HKL discs in my collection, most of them with Bey commentary. Nice guy, I even e-mailed him once.

[quote=“Ify”]
Also, as boring as the voices sound, I love the commentaries on all the Leone films. They are so informative, you learn a lot.
[/quote]

Frayling repeats himself a lot, the commentaries are great if you haven’t read his books, if you have it’s the same old stuff, very informative indeed, it’s so unfortunate they messed up the C’era una Volta commentary the way they did, John Carpenter?? Hmm, it should’ve just been strictly Frayling like the others

My The Good, Bad, Ugly dvd has a John Milius commentary… It’s so boring!.

Which company is Bey Logan working for now? I’ve never heard his commentary but I hear its good.

I really enjoyed Wes Craven’s commentary on the last house on the left dvd

It’s funny you guys bring up Frayling because I was about to ask how the commentaries on the Leone R2s are. As pointed out above, Frayling was the only commentator who gave me what I wanted on the Once/West track, so I was pleased to hear that he was doing solo tracks for Leone’s other 3 classics.

And since I don’t have any of his books, it’ll be a new experience for me 8) That is…If the releases ever make their way to Region 1.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
My The Good, Bad, Ugly dvd has a John Milius commentary… It’s so boring!.
[/quote]

I wonder if it’s as awful as the one with Richard Schikel,Shickel,whoever…My god, what a complete waste of time that one was.

[quote=“me”]
Which company is Bey Logan working for now? I’ve never heard his commentary but I hear its good.
[/quote]

He did one for the new Dragon Dynasty line, SPL (Called “Kill Zone” over here) didn’t get to finish the track, but it sounded good as usual.