Blade Runner (Special Editon) Coming!

Finally!

New Special Editions of Blade Runner on DVD

Warner Bros. will release two new special editions of “Blade Runner” on DVD. Learn more.

Warner Bros. has acquired worldwide rights to Ridley Scott’s “Blade Runner” and plans to release two new editions of the futuristic classic.

First, a restored and remastered DVD version of the 1992 Director’s Cut will debut in September in the U.S. for a special four-month limited release, after which it will be placed on moratorium by WHV.

Later in 2007, to celebrate the film’s 25th anniversary, the studio will unveil “Blade Runner: The Final Cut,” Scott’s definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece. The film will be released theatrically in select major U.S. cities, followed by a multi-disc Special Edition DVD release which will also contain three alternate versions of Blade Runner: the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut, the Expanded International Theatrical Cut and the 1992 Director’s Cut. Ground-breaking bonus features will also be included.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.dvdtown.com/announcement/new … unne/3458/”>http://www.dvdtown.com/announcement/newspecialeditionsofbladerunne/3458/</LINK_TEXT>

Blade Runner is one of my all time favorite films so I cant wait for these to arrive!!

woohoo! ;D ;D

About fucking time.

lots of confusion though. thank god I cant remember which one I saw, so i might just go for that “final cut” thing and take it as the best one available.

about fucking time for this though

[quote=“Scarface”]
About fucking time.
[/quote]

Indeed…so fucking need this 8)

- YouTube

nobody saw this on CBS? fucking A!

will be in theaters this fall, and on dvd later

[quote=“Sebastian”]
- YouTube

nobody saw this on CBS? fucking A!

will be in theaters this fall, and on dvd later
[/quote]

Fucking sweet!

Yeh i read about this before… though i kinda dislike the new one being “definitive” the Directors cut is dam fine… Id be pissed if the new version took away from any of the films ambiguity in particular…

Are you talking about the Aussie R4 dvd?

[quote=“me”]
Are you talking about the Aussie R4 dvd?
[/quote]

Probably… i did get it here… ill have to check that… anyway its not like i wont get the Special Edition when it comes out… i need to see those special features…

This is the Aussie release:

(Click for bigger picture)

Features:

Disc 1 - The Final Cut (2007):

Ridley Scott’s definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece includes added & extended scenes, added lines and new and cleaner special effects.

Disc 2 - 3 Complete Film Versions:

‘82 U.S. Theatrical version

‘82 International Theatrical version

‘92 Director’s Cut

Disc 3 - “Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runnerâ€

Nice, that must cost a lot.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (R1) in December - Full Details!

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65403

Sweet 8)

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Digital Bits - Articles … ounce.html”>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/br2007/announce.html</LINK_TEXT>

I just had an orgasm… without any female participation… ultimate edition, meet my wallet. wallet, meet the ultimate edition…

I’m I the only one who hates all those special stuff(talking about the briefcase) I would get the five disc but I dont want the damn briefcase so I might get the four disc always wanted to see BR.

Thanks for the news Hung Fist.

[quote=“me”]
I’m I the only one who hates all those special stuff(talking about the briefcase) I would get the five disc but I dont want the damn briefcase so I might get the four disc always wanted to see BR.
[/quote]

Same here, I’ll wait for reviews to see if the workprint version is worth owning or not. The huge case is kinda off-putting and I really couldn’t care less for The Final Cut…

I bought the attache case for the Ultimate Bond Collection and with Blade Runner, I instantly thought the Ultimate edition also, but I might have to think about it. Depends how much cheaper the Collector’s Edition is. But I definitely like the look of the Ultimate Edition.