Which donnie darko?

which dvd should I get? The director’s cut or the regular one? I have only seen the theatrical version…

You should buy the directors cut double dvd, because I think the commentary of the director gives you very useful information about some details which were cutted out of the movie, and it makes the movie easier to understand.

[quote=“Hinkebein”]
You should buy the directors cut double dvd, because I think the commentary of the director gives you very useful information about some details which were cutted out of the movie, and it makes the movie easier to understand.
[/quote]

exactly

get both, or download the original and buy the DC. I hear that extra shit is added in the DC that isn’t necessary, but the extras are supposed to be pretty good

Do the changes in the DC add anything good to the actual movie?

It makes it all a bit more blurry and longer…It certainly clearifies more of the movie…

If anyone hasn’t seen or picked this up yet…GET IT! 8)

I’d go for DC.

What’s up with the 1-disc DC? What is it missing? Only all the extras on the 2nd dvd?

Donnie Darko Rocks.

Amazing that it flopped but I myself didnt think much about it till it came out on DVD. It just goes to show how a studio and the public can ignore what should have been a smash. Even when it comes on HBO they give it 2 stars out of 4. Sad. I myself dont believe in a 4 star movie rating system. You need at least 5. One star should be unwatchable so two stars would seem to imply its horrible but worth a watch if nothing else is on. A 4 start system just doesnt work.

donnie darko’s great… didnt like the directors cut though… alot of bad dialogue and unnecessary shots of his eye opening… alot of it just surgically extracts the mysteries from the film particularly towards the end… though the Watership Down stuff is cool im pritty sure i just watched it in special features before…

The official website is still up and pretty cool http://www.donniedarkofilm.com/

That website is killer. I didnt find the link earlier today, so I really apreciate that you put the website up that randomly.