The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74 SE DVD

im dying to get this, been lookin for it in every store in the area, fuck ordering it online

well, i might be forced to do it since i havent found it yet and my VHS of it is being tortured when i play it, sounds like a cat bleeding to death in my VCR

still one of my favourite films ever made, though

annyways, whos got the DVD? what are the extras? are they any good?

thanks

i recommend some dvd review sites (dvdfile.com, dvdanswers.com, dvdverdict.com…)

thanks man, great sites

isnt there several different special editions of tcm?i mean one with the documentary a family revisited and stuff like that? ??? :slight_smile:

i bought the region 2 2 disc edition at ebay today wich has the following extras; behind the scenes, documentary: the shocking truth, bloopers, trailers & audio commentary

this is the cover

cant wait to receive it

[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
i bought the region 2 2 disc edition at ebay today wich has the following extras; behind the scenes, documentary: the shocking truth, bloopers, trailers & audio commentary

this is the cover

cant wait to receive it

[/quote]i never seen that dvd cover before!its looks awsome!

I have that one and it rocks :wink:

i wanna get this DVD

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.bestdvd.co.uk/reviews/2003/r … sacre.html”>http://www.bestdvd.co.uk/reviews/2003/rev_texas_chainsaw_massacre.html</LINK_TEXT>

Is this the Region 2 Version mentioned? if so thats the one I have although it’s only 1 disc…

No, the other one is a 2-disc edition, at least the one I have is. :wink:

this is the one

Theres a brand new 2 disc Ulimate Edition Texas Chainsaw Massacre coming in September, by dark sky films.

Bonus materials will include a new commentary track with stars Marilyn Burns, Alan Danziger, Paul A. Partain and Production Designer Robert A. Burns, a second track with Tobe Hooper, Director of Photography Daniel Pearl and Gunnar Hansen (ported over from Pioneer’s release), deleted & alternate footage, trailers, TV spots, radio spots and still galleries. Making its Stateside debut on disc 2 is David Gregory’s 2000 documentary “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking Truth” with outtakes, the new “Flesh Wounds” featurette featuring new interviews with various cast & crew members, a tour of the house with Gunnar Hansen, plus other goodies. Retail is $29.99.

Am I the only one thats excited about this dvd coming out?

Details:

Dark Sky Films has announced the release of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 2-Disc Ultimate Edition for the 26th of September, priced at around $29.98. The package will include a fully restored print taken from a high definition transfer of the original negative and a host of extras, details of which can be found below, along with the artwork and some menus from the set.

Feature-Length Commentary with Actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danzinger, and Art Director Robert A. Burns

Feature-Length Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper, Cinematographer Daniel Pearl, and Actor Gunnar Hansen

New 5.1 Dolby Digital, 2.0 Stereo Surround Soundtracks

Digitally remastered Original 2.0 Mono Soundtrack

Theatrical Trailers & TV and Radio Spots

’The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth’ Documentary

’Flesh Wounds’ Documentary

A Tour of the TCSM house with Gunnar Hansen

Dr. W.E. Barnes Presents “Making Grandpa” Featurette

Deleted Scenes and Outtakes

Blooper Reel

’The Shocking Truth’ Outtakes

Still Gallery

Limited SteelBook Packaging

From the pictures this dvd looks amazing and impressive.

[quote=“Lizard King”]

[/quote]

Already got this one (which is an AWESOME edition), so I think I'll pass.

The new 2 disc Dark Sky Films release is the best version Ive seen so far. Its got tons of extra features. I actually received a screener copy last Friday. I’m still watching the documentaries on the 2nd disc. Last night I watched the film with the 2nd audio commentary with Marilyn Burns (sally), Paul Partain (Franklin), Allen Danziger (Jerry) and Robert A Burns. One of my all time favorite films!!

I’m really surprised that there hasn’t been a newly-made “Legacy” documentary about this movie. You know, The ones that have interviews with different filmmakers,actors,writers and so forth, who were inspired by the particular movie. TCM '74 really needs one.

MGM is finaly making a special edition of TCM 2,this edition will have deleted scenes,a documentary wich I heard was going to be about 90 minutes long and alot more things.I dont know but I think it will be a double disc!

Home Page - HorrorHound

Yeah I heard about this dvd a couple of days ago.

i got this 2 disc a while back, its very good a lot of detailed extras, so i dont see the point of getting any other new special edition ones

i have the 1970’s texas chainsaw dvd. i baught it for about 4 euroes-its nothing special, but i can understand why someon would be crazy to buy it.