Criterion Collections

Everyone talks about Criterion in other topics so I thought “Fuck it, I’ll make a topic”. So what is your Criterion Collection like? I only have The Killer, Hard Boiled, Man Bites Dog, Do the Right Thing and 8 1/2. Films I want to see on Criterion:

Apocalypse Now: Both 170 and 200 min versions w/extra disc full of special features.

Bullet in The Head

Lost Highway

City on Fire

My want list:

The Kurosawa collection (I think Badmotherfucker has that)

Straw Dogs

Branded to Kill

Chasing Amy

The Killers

Rushmore

Tokyo Drifter

Traffic

I think there are about [size=10]10[/size] or [size=20]20[/size] topics about this. But yeah, i love Criterion (except the fucking prices)

Have List:

Rushmore

Royal Tenenbaums

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Rashomon

Akira Kurosawa Collection

(contains Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, and Sanjuro)

Throne of Blood

Want List:

The Killer

Hardboiled

Brazil

Samurai I

Samurai II

Samurai III

The Bicycle Thief (I think it’s on Criterion)

I’ve got:

Brazil

Carnival of Souls

Akira Kurosawa-Four samurai classics

Black Orpheus

Do The Right Thing

Branded to Kill

Time Bandits

The Last Temptation of Christ

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Blood for Dracula

Shock Coridoor

The Harder They Come

Silence of the Lambs

Wish list:

The Third Man (I’ve been wanting to get this for a few years now)

Häxan

Sid and Nancy

The Killer
(Just for the cover alone)

Le Cercle Rouge

The Seventh Seal

Kwaidan

Straw Dogs

Rififi

I only have Fear and Loathing, Royal Tenembaums, and Do the Right Thing. Trust me, if I had mo’ money, I’d have more like 20 or 30 in my collection…

here are the ones I want:

Seven Samurai

The Last Temptation of Christ

The Killer

Hard Boiled

Salo

400 Blows

Straw Dogs

This is Spinal Tap

Armaggeddon

The Rock

Samurai Trilogy

Silence of the Lambs

The Most Dangerous Game

Throne of Blood

Traffic

Chasing Amy

Edit: I forgot Man Bites Dog and Robocop

Dead Nigga, I’m warning you about Salo, it’s some of the most fucked up shit you’ll ever see!

Yeah I heard

What have you heard though? (Just to be sure)

Nothing specific actually, just the jist of what you said…

that movie’s about a bunch of sick fucks who torture and rape little children. havent seen it, but ive heard about it

also, the directore was brutally murdered after he made this-most likely by someone who didnt take a liking to the movie

He got murdered by a male whore! Because those kids ate real shit in the movie and he was pissed that his cousin had to eat real shit.

Good job whoever it was though…

Well forget Salo, I still need to buy Ichi the Killer

i have:

straw dogs

8 1/2

seven samurai

the seventh seal

Le Cercle Rouge

Rififi

Bob Le Flambeur

Rashomon

sweet list shephard, what’s your opinion on Le Cercle Rouge?

CHECK THIS OUT

<LINK_TEXT text=“Amazon.com … 87-5344857”>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00015WMP0/aintitcooln07-20/002-2185487-5344857</LINK_TEXT>

Excuse my ignorance but what excatly is this criterion thing you’re talkin’ about. What does it mean? Is it some sort of special-special edition or what? And why are expensive (I recall someone said that)

[quote]Excuse my ignorance but what excatly is this criterion thing you’re talkin’ about. What does it mean? Is it some sort of special-special edition or what? And why are expensive (I recall someone said that)[/quote]

Criterion is an independant video company that licenses movies from other movie studios and produces special editions from them. They’re mostly highly respected films from different corners of the globe.

DNS, Chasing Amy is currently the most cheapest and available criterion release out there. Check your Wal-Mart.

Are there also region 2 version-criterions for sale ? Probably not >:( >:(

[quote]

Criterion is an independant video company that licenses movies from other movie studios and produces special editions from them. They’re mostly highly respected films from different corners of the globe.

DNS, Chasing Amy is currently the most cheapest and available criterion release out there. Check your Wal-Mart. ÂÂ

[/quote]

Yeah, it’s basically what he said. But don’t expect to hear most of the movies they release, Criterion puts out non-mainstream movies that never really get the chance to be recognized. So don’t expect Pirates of the Caribbean or Terminator 3: Criterion collection. Sure, occasionally, they’ll put out mainstream movies like Armeggeddon or Royal Tenembaums, but you know what I mean.

And yeah, Chasing Amy is the cheapest. I see it on average 14.99.

What is 8 1/2? I’ve heard so much about it, but have no idea what it is. can someone write a small tit of a review? Thanks.

[quote]What is 8 1/2? I’ve heard so much about it, but have no idea what it is. can someone write a small tit of a review? Thanks.[/quote]

A fiilmmaker is about to start work on his 8th film . All the while, he gets harassed by ex-lovers,movie moguls,dreary flashbacks,and bizzare dreams. That’s the plot basically. I expected more.

One saving factor in this is that Claudia Cardinale appears, but she looks much better in color  :-*