Scarface on DVD

I know that the Scarface dvd is out of print, but does anyone know if a new one will be coming out anytime soon? Thanks

[quote]I know that the Scarface dvd is out of print, but does anyone know if a new one will be coming out anytime soon? ÊThanks[/quote]

Scarface was one of the first DVDs I bought.

I’ve heard that they were working on a new Scarface SE awhile back, but havent heard anything since. I would expect to see it on DVD again though. Keep an eye out for it.

"Scarface is way too popular and involves too many big names (Pacino, DePalma, Stone, etc.) to not get re-released as a special edition. Just look how many references rappers make to it (And How many people own it on MTV CRIBS) That by itself probably accounts for a couple hundred thousand new potential buyers. Not to mention Pacino fans, Oliver Stone fans, etc. to which there are many. And people like me who just love the movie period. When it was originally released on DVD not that many people owned players yet. Also, as mentioned, the quality of the disc, though vastly superior to the VHS and broadcast versions, is still not all that great and would benefit from an anamorphic transfer. "

There were rumors of Jay-Z making a special edition (Glad that didn’t fall through) and since the film went out-of-print, bootlegs have appeared online declaring that the disc has a DTS track. DO NOT waste your money on these!

As of now, there is news that a Region 2 release will appear this May:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000057527

And its possible that a Region 1 release could be as similar to this package.

[quote]
"Scarface is way too popular and involves too many big names (Pacino, DePalma, Stone, etc.) to not get re-released as a special edition. Just look how many references rappers make to it (And How many people own it on MTV CRIBS) That by itself probably accounts for a couple hundred thousand new potential buyers. Not to mention Pacino fans, Oliver Stone fans, etc. to which there are many. And people like me who just love the movie period. When it was originally released on DVD not that many people owned players yet. Also, as mentioned, the quality of the disc, though vastly superior to the VHS and broadcast versions, is still not all that great and would benefit from an anamorphic transfer. "

There were rumors of Jay-Z making a special edition (Glad that didn’t fall through) and since the film went out-of-print, bootlegs have appeared online declaring that the disc has a DTS track. DO NOT waste your money on these!

As of now, there is news that a Region 2 release will appear this May:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000057527

And its possible that a Region 1 release could be as similar to this package.
[/quote]

I’m really happy that the whole Jay Z/hip hop bullshit soundtrack score thing didnt happen. Brian DePalma was quoted as saying that he didnt want any rap connected to the film.

I wouldnt wanna watch some stupid rap version of it either. It wouldve ruined the whole thing.

Todays hip hop is such shit.

No doubt.

Although I wouldn’t actually mind if they got rid of a few of those cheesey club songs, but had they replaced Giorgio Moroder’s theme music with something else…OH MAN! I’DA BEEN PISSED!!!

(Listening to “Tony’s Theme” on KaZaA right now )

[quote]No doubt.

Although I wouldn’t actually mind if they got rid of a few of those cheesey club songs, but had they replaced Giorgio Moroder’s theme music with something else…OH MAN! I’DA BEEN PISSED!!!

(Listening to “Tony’s Theme” on KaZaA right now )

[/quote]

Actually, when I watch the film now I dont really mind the music because I’ve never really heard any music like in Scarface in any other movie. It has a very distinct sound to it to me…

SCARFACE DELUXE SET ANNOUNCED!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/b … etId=34247”>http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/boxset.php?boxSetId=34247</LINK_TEXT>

As you can see, the 1932 Howard Hawks original comes with the package!

No details on extras or supplements for De Palma’s version. It’s anamorphic though, that’s a start!

[quote]SCARFACE DELUXE SET ANNOUNCED!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/b … etId=34247”>http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/boxset.php?boxSetId=34247</LINK_TEXT>

As you can see, the 1932 Howard Hawks original comes with the package!

No details on extras or supplements for De Palma’s version. It’s anamorphic though, that’s a start!
[/quote]

Excellent, Smithers, hopefully there will be some very juicy extras!

Does anyone know where I can get on DVD:

1. Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia
  2. Once upon a time in the west
  3. Patt Garret & Billy the Kid
  4. Sonatine

Thanks!

Arre compas!

Just wanted to “bump” this since it suddenly got pushed near the bottom of the page ::slight_smile:

AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting this news LB!

Howard Hawks’ Scarface with it!! SWEET!

Its Scarface movie quote time!

“This city is like a big pussy just waiting to be fucked”

“Manolo, shoot dat piece of shit”

“Why dont you try sticking yo head up yo ass, and see if it fits”

“I’ll bury those COCKAROACHEZZ!!!”

“Cmon Pelican! Flyyy Pelican!”

“I got a freak junkie for a wife…she sleep all day with them black shades on…she wakes up with a Quaalude… I cant even make a lil baby with her…its so fuckin polluted mang”

“You know what a HASSA izz Frank? Its a pig that dont fly straight!”

“All I’ve got in this world is my word and my balls and I dont break em for noone”

“SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!”

More info:

-DD 5.1

-DTS 5.1

-“The Rebirth of Scarface” featurette

-“Acting Scarface” featurette

-Additional interview footage presented by *Def Jam featuring today’s hottest music stars commenting on how Scarface has influenced their life and music

-A comparison between the R-rated and TV versions

-Production stills/Trailers

Hopefully there’s more to come. I was wishing for a commentary.

*Damn, this means that Jay Z and other idiots will be lurking around somewhere. I’d rather hear input from Brad “Scarface” Jordan (Of GETO BOYS fame) instead of Gay Z

No word yet if this is a 2-disc set, but it sounds unlikely (It really should’ve been a 2-Disc due to high demand)

In other news:

The Brian De Palma/Al Pacino reunion continues with a Collector’s Edition of Carlito’s Way arriving on Sept. 2nd. Details TBA.

AWESOME!!! Carlitos Way too! 8)

In my opinon, the ending to Scarface is like…THE BEST ENDING EVER. It’s so dramatic how the story is strutchered. He starts in the shit, moves up, gets to the top, fucks up, then is back in shit again; dead.

I love Scarface. 2nd favorite movie of all time.

You forgot one of the best quotes:

“Hey, look at those titties man!”

I saw an upclose pic of this new Scarface, to me it looks like it’s either a holographic shiny cover or a metal case. Either way, looks cool!

[quote]
No word yet if this is a 2-disc set, but it sounds unlikely (It really should’ve been a 2-Disc due to high demand)

[/quote]

According to Amazon, the anniversary edition will

contain 2 discs! The deluxe edition, priced at $44.99, will also feature the original 1932 version, a set of collectible lobby cards and a gold money clip. Isn’t that great news or what?

So did anybody get their copy?

Got mine (I was leaning towards the gift set, but that giant rack of the 2-Disc Scarfaces at Wal-Mart just hypnotized me. Couldnt resist and just got that version instead)

I’ll pop this in later tonight after I get rid of this yayo ;D

"I TOL YA, MENG! I TOL YA! DONT FUCK WIT ME!! I TOL YA! NO FUCKIN KIDS! BUT CHEW WOULDNT LISTEN!

WELL YOU STUPID FUCK! LOOK AT CHEW NOW!"

Hell yeah! I just picked up the new 2 disc Scarface DVD at Best Buy. Im gonna watch it tonight. 8)

“All I got in this world is my balls and my word and I aint gonna break em for noone”

“FUCK CASPAR GOMEZ AND FUCK THE DIAZ BROTHERS!!! ILL BURY THOSE COCKAROACHEZZ!”

Time to get out the Cristal and my polyester suit mang!

i was gonna pick it up but i got Evil Dead 2 instead. I just wanted to TELL YOU THAT