Hard Boiled DVD

I’ve been looking for this dvd for a while now. Now, I hear it’s OUT OF PRINT. Man that sucks. Does anyone know when and if Hard Boiled will be released again on dvd. Thanks.

I was unlucky enough to get suckered into getting an expensive Criterion of Hard Boiled. But Mei-Ah did a remaster a year ago, it features on the cover Chow and a baby with a shotgun and the hospital exploding, it’s on ebay everywhere. The Fox Lorber wen’t outta print two years ago but some copies (alot actually) are still floating around. Try Ebay, there is tons there.

does it matter what dvd you get concerning extras and better quality?

I used to go to Love and Bullets all the time back in the day reading those reviews. The only version available is the Mei Ah, from what i’ve heard and heard it looks/sounds great. My Criterion has (as a matter of fact) a terrible picture with so-so sound. Go with the Mei-Ah, it’s the only version around right now and it’s a remaster.

No features besides a trailer, most R0 imports are like that :-/

Oh haha. the Criterion extras are:

Biographies on Woo’s HK films featuring trailers from ALL of them. - Very good extra. I think 10 or 11 film trailers ÂÂ

A Student film that doesn’t work on my version

Guide to HK crime films (Basically all on Woo and Ringo Lam)

Woo’s commentary with Roger Avary and some others (Kinda sucked)

Help Section

Production Notes

Also, the DVD came out during the First Generation era (1996-1998) and the print was taken from the laserdisc copy. so the quality is dark and a bit frustrating.

Avoid unless you wanna spend about 100 bucks for it ÂÂ

[quote] But Mei-Ah did a remaster a year ago, it features on the cover Chow and a baby with a shotgun and the hospital exploding, it’s on ebay everywhere. The Fox Lorber wen’t outta print two years ago but some copies (alot actually) are still floating around. Try Ebay, there is tons there.[/quote]

That’s the one I have.

I have the remastered Mei Ah with DTS sound. It’s pretty good. But a bit out of sync. but still the best there is up till date I think…

[quote]I have the remastered Mei Ah with DTS sound. It’s pretty good. But a bit out of sync. but still the best there is up till date I think…[/quote]

How much approximately would that cost in America? And also, any good extras?

I wish I wouldn´t read this topic… >:(

128 min is this version long? Shit, I have only a shitty version with 107 min. Well although I only paid some € , I wished, I would have the version you guys have…

My “Extras”:

Trailer

John Woo Special

Eastern Trailer Show

107 min… :’(

[quote]

How much approximately would that cost in America? And also, any good extras?[/quote]

I said the Mei Ah has no extras, and it's like 10 bucks.

The Taiwanese dvd of Hard Boiled has 6 minutes of extra scenes. Here are some pics, bitches.

http://www.dvdunited.34sp.com/hardboiledtaiwan1.htm

That’s awesome! :smiley:

But it looks like a VCD of some sort.

Anthony Wong is such a badass in Hard Boiled 8)

What the fuck is up with this?

Asians With Mullets!

Plus, we get to see more baby!!! :smiley:

I have the version where the cover art shows Chow Yun Fat with a badly photoshopped baby and a shotgun. The menu also says it’s a Criterion, but the only extras that work are the text ones

You have the poor mans Criterion. Where’d you get that? Those versions are usually floating around chinatowns.

My version of Hard Boiled has the same cover as the criterion and the menus are the same as the criterion. but it’s not the actual criterion. But i only paid 10 bucks and it’s got the same print and the full length commentary by Woo, so i’m happy.

oh yeah, also at the top instead of saying “criterion collection” it says “special limited edition.”

You have The Fox Lorber/Winstar/Wellspring version that’s outta print. I think. Because the Criterion and that have the same cover. And a commentary.

I have hard boiled uncut/widescreen edition. It’s okay… one of the features has the cut/uncut screen comparasion… 3 seconds extra fighting :frowning:

I finally got my hands on this movie (the Mei-Ah DVD) and the movie is so cool. The shootouts are definately among the best ever IMO.

the Mei Ah is definitely uncut. has no extras. costs around 10 bucks. seems to be the best there is in terms of quality. has Dolby 5.1 and DTS in Cantonese and Mandarin. of course english subtitles.