Hong Kong Legends

Are there people here who have DVD’s from Hong Kong Legends (HKL)? they bring out great movies, especially the old martial-arts flicks. I have the following of their movies:

-Bruce Lee 30th Anniversary Commemorative Box

-Iron Money

-In The Line Of Duty 4

-The Killer

-Mr Vampire

Now I am planning to buy more of their movies, like Police Story, Magnificent Butcher, Armour Of God etc. Anyone care to comment on their movies, good places to buy, etc, etc.

You must have an R2 DVD player. I can’t get those in Canada :frowning:

Yeah I have a R2, but also a cheap (50 euro) regio free dvd player. I dunno about Canada but you can get regio free DVD players pretty cheap nowadays.

Try asiancultcinema.com. I think those dvds work on any player

come on guys, don’t bother, just get a multi-region DVD player. every fucking online store sells those. from hkflix.com to whatever…

HKL are great. yes they are Region2, but GUESS WHAT: Fox has optioned their rights for the USA and now they’re releasing those movies in the US, they just dropped the name HKL there. Example: Hong Kong 1941. check them out

APRIL: “Winners and Sinners” starring Jackie and Sammo.

MAY: “Bullet In The Head” starring Tony Leung and “Moon Warrior” with Andy Lau.

JUNE: “Dragons Forever” again with Jackie and Sammo.

JULY: Jet Li stars in “The Master”.

AUGUST: Jackie and Sammo are back again in “Meals On Wheels” and Yuen Biao stars in “The Iceman Cometh”.

I got that from another forum, but looking at the actual HKL site and prices, these aren’t bad at all. They range from 20-26 CAD and 15-20 AMD. They all have remastered picture and sound. I’m totally gonna pick up alot of these titles I’ve seen from them in the future. ;D

[quote]APRIL: “Winners and Sinners” starring Jackie and Sammo.

JUNE: “Dragons Forever” again with Jackie and Sammo.

AUGUST: Jackie and Sammo are back again in “Meals On Wheels” and Yuen Biao stars in “The Iceman Cometh”.

[/quote]

Count me in! :smiley:

[quote]

Count me in!  :smiley:[/quote]

DON’T FORGET BULLET IN THE HEAD. >:(

But yeah, HKL is cool.

Wow HKL have a online shop in the U.K. how sweet, also I can’t wait to get the Bruce Lee boxset they’re giving away a free Bruce Lee documentry dvd. ;D

[quote]Wow HKL have a online shop in the U.K. how sweet, also I can’t wait to get the Bruce Lee boxset they’re giving away a free Bruce Lee documentry dvd. ;D[/quote]

the box is cool if you need the documentaries. but some of the movies in that box are not the 2-DVD editions that are available seperately. be aware of that.

Damn, is it worth buying them seperately or not?

[quote]

the box is cool if you need the documentaries. but some of the movies in that box are not the 2-DVD editions that are available seperately. be aware of that.[/quote]

Not all the movies are 2 dvd editions, if you get the box you get more because it has a exclusive DVD, you don’t miss anything if you get the box.

Thanks for the info regarding ‘‘Bullet in the Head’’ by the way, I wanted to buy the barebones release but i will wait for the HKL release now.

[quote]

the box is cool if you need the documentaries. but some of the movies in that box are not the 2-DVD editions that are available seperately. be aware of that.[/quote]

Do you know what documentary they’re giving away?

They’re giving away BRUCE LEE-THE MAN,THE LEGEND, two documentaries on one DVD.

A Warrior’s Journey is also included- this doc is worth the price of the disc. NUNCHAKU DUEL MUTHA FUCKAZ!!!

I picked up Hong Kong 1941 at Wal Mart for $5.50. From the bin. They have a TON of great finds at the store near me, its a super Wal Mart. I picked up Eastern Condors, Rumble in the Bronx, Duel to the Death, Lee Van Clef (4 Movie Set), Ramb II, Rambo III, Airheads & Godzilla 2000 from the bin. They have a bunch of other good ones i wanna get like Mr. Nice Guy, Jackie Chan’s First Strike, Magnificent Butcher, & many more. Just dig throug hthe bin at Wal Mart next time u go. They have so many great titles in there really cheap. They put movies in the bin almost every day. I go there like twice a week and they always have different stuff. A lot of the HKL films can be found there.

everybody has got to see Hero(Japanese version) it is incredible!!!

Has anyone seen HKL introduction to Hong Kong Legends inc clips from: Police Story 2, My Lucky Stars, Game Of Death, The Scorpion Kin (Not That One!) Zu Warriors From The Magic Mountain, The Avenging Fist, Magnificent Warriors, Once Upon a Time In China 3, Naked Killer, 2000 AD, The Killer & Iron Money Including HKL Promotional Featurette: A Guide To The Label And The Restoration Of The Classics Of HK Cinema. Trailers Of: Fist of Fury, Magnificent Warriors, Eastern Condors, Game of Death, Iron Monkey, Miracles, Once Upon a Time in China, Once Upon a Time in China 2, Purple Storm, Hong Kong, Police Story, 2000 A.D. Also the whole Jet Li Movie ‘HITMAN’ a DVD worth looking up! although now to me they seem the most popular Hong Kong films when I 1st got into Hong Kong movies it was a great introduction as I know own most movies mentioned.

I have that dvd too. Nice dvd, even though there’s no extras for the movie itself. The movie is also good, though not one of Jet Li’s best (this is the uncut version. US version (Contract Killer) is edited.) But the best thing about this dvd is the price. You can get it for 3.99£ from play.com.

I’m really looking forward their upcoming Jackie Chan releases. Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals will both be released as 2 disc platinum editions. The release date for both films is 27th June 2005.

They are great, right, but…a little too expensive… ::slight_smile:

i can get 3 old versions for 1 new, i dunno…but they are still ok

some of the movies as Flaming Brothers aren’t in the correct ratio though