WARNING: Shaw Brothers DVD released by Dragon Dynasty

NO QT COMMENTARY!!!

So I buy a copy of The One armed warrior or whatever, see I’m not really into the whole Kung Fu shit, but the DVD promised audio commentary by Quentin Tarantino. But to my own surprise I discovered there was NO QT commentary present in my dvd. So any consumers out there, don’t bother wasting $15.00 on this DVD, because there is NO Quentin Tarantino commentary! I wAS gyped! Gyped I SAYS! I vow to destroy Dragon Dynasty and their misleading advertising campaign of evil. Vengeance will be mine! Until I get my $15.00 dollars. If YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL WHAT Biohazard is cookin!!

NO QT!?!?!!?

ya, i know. I was hoping for a QT commentary as it said on the back also. The only one with a QT commentary is King Boxer. I bought all of the SB (3/4) all but my dear auntie. 36th Chamber is amazing, so is King Boxer and QT is on the commentary and have yet to watch one-armed

That’s not right! The DVD shouldn’t promise any Qt commentary if there isin’t any to begin with. They’re advertising that shit to mislead you! Those assholes will be receiving my angry letter, with a pinch of anthrax…heh…heh…heh! Then we’ll see who the stupid one is!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
That’s not right! The DVD shouldn’t promise any Qt commentary if there isin’t any to begin with. They’re advertising that shit to mislead you! Those assholes will be receiving my angry letter, with a pinch of anthrax…heh…heh…heh! Then we’ll see who the stupid one is!
[/quote]

ha ha haaaaaaa lol. Im mad too, believe me.

it sais there’s a commentary on the back? really? hm… well I’d say you buy the dvd for the film, not for the commentary…

Even if it did say it had a qt commentary why get it if your not a kung fu fan?

for the commentary.

If youre not a fan of the film, why would you want to listen to QT talk about it? He does good commentaries, but so what? Dont buy films just to listen to him talk. Thats ridiculous.

I think were all missing the point of this thread. The box said there would be a commentary, and there wasn’t one. Who cares if the guy wants to buy the DVD just for the commentary? Maybe the guy’s got money to spend.

I was dissapointed it wasnt on there, but still its got a commentary track and its an awesome film. I like QT too, but I dont buy DVDs just to hear him talk about movies.

[quote=“Pete”]
I was dissapointed it wasnt on there, but still its got a commentary track and its an awesome film. I like QT too, but I dont buy DVDs just to hear him talk about movies.
[/quote]
Yeah exactly. Even though it would be fun to watch a movie with a QT commentary why would you want to watch it if you dont like the genre he’s doing a commentary for.

Right. The good thing is, the majority of the films QT likes I do too. So its all good. haha. :slight_smile:

You missing the point! Why would they advertise something that is not correct. These assholes led me to beleive that there would be QT commentary, and there wasen’t. I enjoyed the movie, but after I see every movie I listen to the commentary, thing is there wasen’t any QT commentary, just a couple of boring fucking critics! Now that shit isin’t right.

Yep its total bullshit for a company to do that

next time, before you buy a DVD, consult the endless worlds of the internet

Seb’s very right. I love a great QT commentary just as much as the next guy. I knew there was going to be a misprint on the case even before I picked it up. Enough people chimed in about it before it came out. That wasn’t going to stand in the way of me enjoying the DVD. It’s THE ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN, for Christ’s sake! And I much appreciated the commentary that WAS there. David Chute and Andy Klein are very knowledgeable guys. If they weren’t I doubt Quentin would have brought them in on this project. Not all critics are stuffy blowhards. Sometimes certain critics actually have enough love of film that they can be fans and historians too.