TARANTINO DVDs: The admin recommends

This topic is for your reading pleasure. Of every QT DVD available I recommend one version that in my experienced opinion gives you the best deal

KILL BILL VOLUME 1 and 2

Any DVD does it, but I recommend: Wait for a special edition

Jackie Brown and/or Pulp Fiction

I recommend: The US or UK 2-DVD Special Edition

From Dusk Till Dawn

I recommend: The UK Special Edition (has anamorphic transfer), all other 2-DVD Special Editions are similar, but mostly non-anamorphic. Or you can wait for a re-release.

Reservoir Dogs

I recommend: The German 2-DVD Special Edition is the best, followed by the British, then the australian and last, the US special Edition (which is the worst)

True Romance

I recommend: The US or UK 2-DVD Special Edition or the French 3-DVD Edition (if you can speak French). The UK has no DTS and a few less Special Features

Natural Born Killers

I recommend buying any of the Warner DVDs, because the Director’s Cut is just a few seconds (SECONDS!!) longer and has NO subtitles. Besides that, the DVDs are mostly identical

Four Rooms

I recommend: either pick up ANY DVD of this film if its cheap, else: wait for something better

[quote=“Seb Himself (admin)”]
Natural Born Killers

I recommend buying any of the Warner DVDs, because the Director’s Cut is just a few seconds (SECONDS!!) longer and has NO subtitles. Besides that, the DVDs are mostly identical
[/quote]

Just seconds, eh? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it, but the unrated American release by Vidmark has something around a total of 4-5 minutes (Most of it’s spent on the hooker that Scagnetti kills because in the rated version, she isn’t topless)

BTW, What do the German/British/Austrailian R-Dogs DVDs have that the U.S. disc doesn’t? The supplements sure as hell made up for the controversial transfer. And dont forget, sometimes the director often approves for his/her film to look a certain way.

the difference is still just seconds :slight_smile:

The US DVD has a nobody-needs-it 4:3 version on it and the colors are flawed. blacks look like gray n stuff. the UK, Ger and AUS dvds have correct colors (real blacks n stuff). the UK and German also have subtitles