D-VHS titles

hi there.

DVHS is a new (and yet expensive) new format that has higher quality than DVD (but is not a disc, but a vhs tape).

the player are about 1500 bucks as far as i know and the films cost around 40 bucks, but if you are rich, you can try ;_)

the only Tarantino film i’ve heard of being on DVHS is Reservoir Dogs which will be released by Artisan soon.

When i find some time I’ll post some links here about DVHS, or if you guys find some stuff just post ahead.

[quote]hi there.

DVHS is a new (and yet expensive) new format that has higher quality than DVD (but is not a disc, but a vhs tape).

the player are about 1500 bucks as far as i know and the films cost around 40 bucks, but if you are rich, you can try ;_)

the only Tarantino film i’ve heard of being on DVHS is Reservoir Dogs which will be released by Artisan soon.

When i find some time I’ll post some links here about DVHS, or if you guys find some stuff just post ahead.[/quote]

D-VHS?! This is getting ridiculous!

Fuck. This is gay. I don’t want to have to start my collection over in a couple of years. I hope DVD lasts till i’m dead.

forget D-VHS… high-def DVD all the way… coming soon

over a year ago i saw a D-VHS in action. it wasn’t that great pluss all the old movies don’t get much better resolution than the DVD already provides. D-VHS is a stupid idea, you can’t even have special features or audio commentairy. the great thing about High Deff DVD is that IT’S ALREADY OUT, they’r called SUPERBIT. has anybody seen the superbit movies like Snatch or Panic Room on a HDTV. they look great :wink:

[quote]forget D-VHS… high-def DVD all the way… coming soon[/quote]

Do you have to go out and buy a new player and thus re-amass your collection or are they good with whatever type of player you have?

no, a dvd player plays whatever it is put thru it. Dvd code will be more advanced and all the players will be able to read it. ALSO the superbit dvd’s look good but i would only buy one if i didn’t already have it because dvd’s are already good looking. i would never want to re-buy all of my DVD’s

Oh, its just Superbit? I’ve rented a couple Superbit movies, and I thought they all sucked. The quality isn’t much better, and none of the superbit movies I rented not only didn’t have any special features, but didn’t even have artwork on the cd itself (ala Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, etc) just making it look like some cheap, bootleg copy of the existing regular/special edition dvds.

no no no. the reason the superbit movies dont’ have many special featrues is because the movies use all the space on the DVD. also Superbit movies only look better on a HDTV with component video in them. if you can’t notice the difference than you just arn’t looking hard enough.

a Superbit movie has normal artwork, you must have seen something else

Nah, I just don’t have an HDTV, yet. And I prefer extras to video quality, anyway.

than that would explain it. But Superbit does look GOOD ON AN HD

bottom line:

DVHS is for rich-ass high-res crazy-boys.

yeah, you tell em

[quote]over a year ago i saw a D-VHS in action. it wasn’t that great pluss all the old movies don’t get much better resolution than the DVD already provides. D-VHS is a stupid idea, you can’t even have special features or audio commentairy. the great thing about High Deff DVD is that IT’S ALREADY OUT, they’r called SUPERBIT. has anybody seen the superbit movies like Snatch or Panic Room on a HDTV. they look great :wink:[/quote]

I have “tommy” the rock opera on superbit

It’s hard to tell the difference between Superbit and normal DVD’s when they’r from old film. But for movies such as the matrix. or all those fancey Pixar CGI movies, the Superbit looks amazing. Superbit might say it has better sound but it dosen’t.