Quentin and Audio Commentary

I looked for a similar post but could not find one.

Why is it that QT does not add commentary to his DVD’s? I mean both of the PF and RD re-releases were chock full of extras. I know for a fact he has enough wind to fill up even his longest movie. :slight_smile: I would totally be into listening to that.

I think in due time he will. It just stinks that we have to buy these movies over and over again.

Didn’t he do a commentary on True Romance and From Dusk Till Dawn?

And wasn’t the reason for not doing commentary on his own movies that he saw them alot when they just got released that he doesnt want to see them now?

If he had enough time to give an hour long exclusive interview for the Jackie Brown dvd, he certainly has enough time to sit down and reflect on his own work in a commentary. Two hours, maybe with a select few cast members and a case of beer is the stuff of great commentaries. Because we all know the best commentaries come when the people doing the commentary are all drunk.

1. to put an audio commentary on a DVD is the decision of the Company, not the director

2. Tarantino didn’t produce those DVDs

3. he did one for FDTD and one for True Romance

4. there is lots of interview material for Jackie, Pulp and Dogs

5. I bet my ass, that if they re-release those DVDs or on HD-DVD or blue-ray or whatever, they’re gonna do an audio commentary, just to sell it

6. He’ll surely do one for Kill Bill, or at least one that has him and people of the crew

^^ Good point and I agree with you.

But I’m pretty sure Tarantino has enough clout in this business to say to the studio “Hey, I wanna do this for the fans”.

It all comes down to marketing. I mean I can think of about ten DVD’s off of the top of my head that have 3 or more seperate releases. And the public almost always buy them.

And when he does commentary for PF and RD, I will be first in line. :slight_smile:

[quote]1. to put an audio commentary on a DVD is the decision of the Company, not the director
[/quote]

i heard for PF he had got so tired of talking about it he didnt want to talk about it anymore

yeah.

oh, he did a good audio commentary with the director of Switchblade Sisters. I recommend that DVD (see banner above)

I think he mentioned not doing tracks on the From Dusk Till Dawn commentary by saying that he’d seen his own movies so many times that he couldn’t bear to watch them again. But a KB commentary would be nice on the inevitable box set

perhaps he should commentate when he first sees the movie

I think as for the Pulp fiction DVD it didn’t need commentary. Through out all the extras for PF you hear his and others views on the film amongst little facts.

and the trivia track on Pulp Fiction is awesome.

I haven’t checked out the trivia track yet :-/

[quote]I think as for the Pulp fiction DVD it didn’t need commentary. [/quote]

You are fucking crazy. [b]EVERY[/b] movie needs a commentary. It's hands down the most valuable extra in a movie. And if any movie needs a commentary, it's Pulp Fiction. How could you not miss two and a half hours of QT rambling about the movie we all love and hate?

I think on the DVD extras there’s plenty of QT rambling about the movie. A cast commentary would be fresh though. :stuck_out_tongue:

check out QT’s audio commentary on the True Romance SE, its the fucking bomb.

Audio Commentary is the shit

there should be a law that says every dvd should have it

[quote]check out QT’s audio commentary on the True Romance SE, its the fucking bomb.[/quote]

Yeh as is the ‘Dusk’ commentary!

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … 7&Itemid=2”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

there’s one on the Sin City Recut and Extended Edition! BUY IT OR YOU SUCK :_) hahahaha

Is that available in the UK? When is it’s release date over here? I want to get it, but can’t seem to find the region 2 version.

so far there’s no word of a Region 2 Edition.

but i already placed that mofo in my shopping cart, can’t wait for a region 2 release, it’s just too awesome a package to wait for