QT's fav. songs right now

“Oddly enough, I’ve actually been listening to the Top 40 station more often than not for the last year,” he says. “Maroon 5, ‘Wake Up Call,’ Plain White T’s, ‘Hey There, Delilah’ and definitely My Chemical Romance, ‘Teenagers’ – those are my favorite songs right now.”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.spinner.com/2007/10/25/taran … o-delilah/”>http://www.spinner.com/2007/10/25/tarantino-moves-on-from-dusty-to-delilah/</LINK_TEXT>

BLECH

QT’s going nuts. How can you go from T Rex to Maroon 5? He must have been stoned out of his fucking mind when he said that.

I think when QTs on the road he probably listens to regular radio stations on planes/cabs etc thats probably why he chose those modern tracks/artists. We all know he has great taste in music. I doubt he sits at home and listens to Maroon 5 and My Chemical Romance when he has a small used record store in his house.

About Bastards: “I’m right at the very beginning of the building blocks and how this gigantic house of cards is gonna work,” he tells Spinner. “I’m kind of like that right now; I haven’t got [to the music] yet.”

Its on the red carpet, so he doesn’t have time to go into it. So he does a kinda popular response thing, I think. Just name what is popular now, and pops into your mind, and kinda like so you don’t have to explain anything.

It’s a fast simplification of what is on his mind. Like Pete quoted: its not gonna effect his music choices for his coming movies…

Well let’s pray it doesn’t :slight_smile:

It’s midlife crisis time, be interesting to see what kinda films he churns out soon, if he does at all.

I read somewhere that he describes his creative process as listening to music while he’s writing. He lets the music inspire his work. I don’t know if that’s true. Maybe he came up with those bands because he’s not writing and it’s the first thing that popped into his head.

Or maybe the guy just has really eclectic taste in music and what he likes today may not move him tomorrow.

He said back when Kill Bill was out that he knew what the opening song was for Bastards, he also hinted that he was going further into Spaghetti Western territory with the score. So, he def knows what hes doing, hes just being evasive.

Guys, let him have a bad contempary music taste, don’t always apologize all his decisions. He’s not god, he’s a human being. Come on, he said Michael Mann’s MIAMI VICE is a piece of shit. When it comes to new movies, music or tv shows, QT’s choices are sometimes a bit odd. And I like ‘Hey, There Deliah’, too.

Michael Mann’s Miami Vice IS a piece of shit! I agree with QT on that one 100%. I HATED that movie. I always said I did from the very beginning. I threw that DVD out in the trash, thats how much I hated it.

I really dont care what he listens to. He can rock out to John Tesh and Kenny G if he wants. I dont want to hear any modern Maroon 5 music in his films though. And I dont think he’s God. Just cuz you admire and are a fan of someone doesnt mean you worship them. Lets stay realistic here.

I have to agree with Putney Miami Vice (The New One) was garbage on top of shit that had been pissed on. It wasn’t worth a dime they spent on it. The first series was great though.

i’m not surprised about him liking teenagers by MCR it’s so t-rex-esque, also hey there delilah has a classic vibe to it, wake up call i could do without though

Well after sneaking into some gossip about having Britney Spears in his next Pussycat movie( which I don’t believe) I guess his fav song at the moment could be circus…

No shit…I personally love that song. Sweet creamy honey pop…why not? 8)

[quote=“William Cutting”]
Guys, let him have a bad contempary music taste, don’t always apologize all his decisions. He’s not god, he’s a human being. Come on, he said Michael Mann’s MIAMI VICE is a piece of shit. When it comes to new movies, music or tv shows, QT’s choices are sometimes a bit odd. And I like ‘Hey, There Deliah’, too.
[/quote]

When did he say Miami Vice was a piece of shit? If it’s in print or on a video I’d like to see it.