Tarantino's way of doing sountracks

I AM I RIGHT TO SAY THAT THERE IS NO OTHER DIRECTORS IN THE WORLD THAT USE MUSIC IN FILMS LIKE Q.T? IS HE THE ONLY ONE WHO USES MUSIC IN SUCH A CULT WAY? ???

I dunno man. He’s good, but the music in the Big Lebowski is just as good. That movie always jumps out at me as having the perfect soundtrack. I mean, not by itself, but during the movie.

I say QT has an extreme talent for song choice. I don’t think I should even bother saying it because he has a talent in every other movie-making aspect. His song choices just flavor the movie and make all the cinematic aspects of the scenes better. Like I could not imagine the Marcellus-Butch dialogue any better without “Let’s Stay Together” in the backround. Many good QT scenes involved the perfect unity of song and cinematics to form a great scene. Chills run down my spine after Honey Bunny says her knee-jerking line and Miserlou plays just at the right moment. More chills as the Twisted Nerve song creeps into the scene as Elle’s whistling it. The Delfonics. The RZA. Qt’s movie’s just wouldn’t be the same without his song choices. That’s probably why I didn’t like True Romance as much as I could’ve becuase Tony Scott only used one of QT’s song choices. (spoiled my act as a clown)

Now since we’re on the topic, I want to mention I can’t wait to see how QT will use rap music in his WW2 movie epic, Inglorious Bastards.

Man, I know what you’re saying. When Butch sees Marcellus walking across the St., Flowers on the Wall compliments it perfectly. But Comanche is even better. He does it perfectly when the door slams and when he stabs maynard and pulls the blade out.

Also, did anyone notice that when Marcellus stands up, there’s a slight sound that sounds kinda like a cobra?

Yes but I thought he was just pulling his pants back up. In pulp fiction the use of music is almost amazing like John Travolta walking thru Jack Rabbit Silms while that song plays, it seems too all go in a beat very well. Almost every time we hear a song in it, it goes very well with the scene.

i doubt he’ll use rap for his war epic-more like great escape and guns of navarone shit

What songs do you think Tarantino might pick himself to put in one of his films? This can be any style of music and does not nessisarily have a certain ‘sound’ or ‘style’ but would not be for example something crappy like the spice girls. What sort of songs do you think that Tarantino might put in a film? Are there any more songs that he wanted to put into films but didn’t get the rights to? Any songs that he decided against putting in? Any songs that you would like to see playing in one of his movies in a certain scene?

Come on people, lets try and get into the great mans head and guess at what might be in his collection!

Some of my selections:

Chris Rea - Road to Hell (pt 2)

Le Chick - Freak Out (although very well known so he wouldnt use it, but would fit well)

Joan Baez - In the quiet morning

Leonard Cohen - Suzanne

Question Mark and the Mysterians -96 Tears

The Seeds - Pushin’ Too Hard

Nobody can even speculate what he’ll put in his next films…he knows the coolest damn surf songs though. I gotta listen to Bullwinkle Part II again.

He’s not asking you to speculate… he’s asking what songs you would like to hear in a tarantino film… in any case i know he used the malcolm mclaren version of she’s not there but i enjoy Carlos Santana’s version of the song ;D especially near the end of it sounds like a good tension builder

Not to criticise QT, but I’m of the opinion that he could have used the 1974 song “Hey Joe” by Jimmie Hendrix for the opening scene of Kill Bill vol. 1. Instead of that song by Sinatra’s daughter “He Shot Me Down”. Just my opinion. (BTW I’m sorry I can’t remember the name of the woman who did that song at the beginning of Kill Bill 1)

[quote=“Hattori_Honzo”]
Not to criticise QT, but I’m of the opinion that he could have used the 1974 song “Hey Joe” by Jimmie Hendrix for the opening scene of Kill Bill vol. 1. Instead of that song by Sinatra’s daughter “He Shot Me Down”. Just my opinion. (BTW I’m sorry I can’t remember the name of the woman who did that song at the beginning of Kill Bill 1)
[/quote]

I don’t agree with you about the Jimmie Hendrix thing. I thought “Bang Bang” was one of the best musical choices Qt has ever made, and that’s saying something!!

Hey Joe wouldn’t have worked at all

what would have worked is if he showed the massacre at the chapel and made it flashy and fast paced, and used Billy Idol’s “White Wedding”…that would have rocked

didn’t Hendrix die before 74 anyway?

Sorry for all the mistakes I made in that post, it was just an opinion of mine. Your right Hendrix did die in '72 sorry 'bout that, I’ll just shut my big yap next time I have the inclination to have an opinion. :-X (wink, wink)

I wasn’t attacking you or anything; you can have an opinion

I know I was just joking.

What I like best about his choice in music is that it is mostly unexpected. It isn’t something that I would think of choosing, and damned if he doesn’t make even the lamest music seem cool.

There isn’t any lame music in his movies.

[quote=“Hattori_Honzo”]
Sorry for all the mistakes I made in that post, it was just an opinion of mine. Your right Hendrix did die in '72 sorry 'bout that, I’ll just shut my big yap next time I have the inclination to have an opinion. :-X (wink, wink)
[/quote]

actually, Hendrix died in September 1970 :-</E>

who’s a stickler for stupid details?? oh yeah, ME.

:-[

and No, although i love Hey Joe, it would not have worked in KB1. nothing would come close to Bang Bang.

Yeah I screwed up his date of death twice, damn I feel stupid. :-</E>

poop